SotS Update 1.7.2

If it doesn't fit into one of the sub-forums below, post it here.

Moderator: Erinys

Re: SotS Update 1.7.2

Postby Space Voyager » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:19 am

I HAVE seen this. I'm not absolutely sure but I think it helped if I moved the CnC ship up the reinforcements list.
ErinysSolForce Intelligence has great difficulty penetrating Liir society to that depth, for obvious reasons. fibioLack of scuba gear?
Space Voyager

*shrug*

Postby silvaril » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:46 am

Heya

Traditionally the Reinforcement CnC didn't take the field until after the Active Command Points dropped to the point that the CnC ship could come in of its own accord.

It was one reason for having smaller CnC ships with a fleet back in the day.

I haven't really expected anything in that space to have changed...
silvaril wrote:Love is Love, God is God and I am still Living a Lifetime

Disclaimer:
The views of any individual may not necessarily represent those of "God"(tm)
silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Location: (Deleted by (Deleted by (Deleted by ***ERROR: Recursion Detected***

Postby Space Voyager » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:56 pm

CnC reinforcements do seem to be a bit off in 1.7.2. I just had an example of calling in the second Armada CnC DN, than I wasn't able to call off the first. The icon was greyed out at both of them. I did just board an enemy ship if that can have anything to do with it (as it followed the first CnC DN I was trying to pull out).
ErinysSolForce Intelligence has great difficulty penetrating Liir society to that depth, for obvious reasons. fibioLack of scuba gear?
Space Voyager

Postby Profound_Darkness » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:51 pm

From what I have seen in 1.7.2 (Morrigi and Hivers)

-If you loose a CnC ship and have one in reserve. You need to loose enough ships for that CnC ship to be called in. I think without a CnC ship you have about 12 CP (1 DNs worth) and the DE CnC gives 20. So if you loose your CnC ship you need to loose an additional 3 ships (DE class) for the DE CnC ship to be called in (along with a wave of reinforcements).

-Larger CnC ships (CR/DN) seem to fiddle with the rules a bit. For example I was down to about 8 ships (DEs) after loosing my DE CnC. I got a CR CnC (spawned from a fleet I had there but wasn't my primary). Seems like you need to be down a certain number of Command points for CnC ships to pop in, that number not necessarily equal to CPs of a no CnC fleet.

-I have accidentally recalled a CnC ship (along with my whole fleet) once or twice in 1.7.2. The CnC ship went away. To my knowledge the only things that prevent recalling ships to the back of reinforcements is if you don't have a functioning CnC section in your entire fleet (active or reinforcements) or if the ship's engines are damaged.

-I have not purposefully had more than 1 CnC ship on the field so maybe there is something to that.
Mecron wrote:... "Hey aliens!! Candygram from the planet of crazy talking monkeys!!" ...

my fav tactical w/fav races :)
Profound_Darkness

Postby jp161 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:58 pm

I recently had a fight where I accidentally called another CnC ship to the field when I was fiddling with the reinforcements...
I had a DN on top of the queue and was hoping to get my combat Cr's to fight... And I accidentally double-clicked my CNC instead of the Armor that was one line higher. >_>

Anyway, I tried to recall my now-in-the-middle-of-combat CnC back because it was moderately damaged and I now had a brand new CnC in the field (Both were CR CnC's btw). But only the new one had the "move to the backlines" option green. The old CnC had it greyed out even tho it still had all 3 sections alive (if a bit damaged.)

I had just killed the first enemy wave so there were no ships near my first CnC ship anyway. But even if there were, that button shouldn't have been gray, right?
jp161

Postby ZenMagnus » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:37 am

I recently returned to playing SotS after a 1+ year break. It's good to see that things are working out for Kerberos and updates are still coming in. Kudos.

After playing for a few days I thought I'd note a few things that could still be fixed/included in an update. I created a thread in the tech section here.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to someone else. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self."
ZenMagnus

Postby Mecron » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:43 pm

you dont really need to cross link. All sections are read consistently...and tech support should be reserved purely for tech issues while ideas for additions should go in suggestions.
Thanks!
Mecron
Kerberos

Previous

Return to SotS General Discussion