Pre Holiday Update Plan

If it doesn't fit into one of the sub-forums below, post it here.

Moderators: Erinys, ddub

Pre Holiday Update Plan

Postby Mecron » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:35 am

Hey folks,
cause everyone is interested I thought I would outline the next few days for you. The plan is to put a big update out on Tuesday and then follow it up with at least one hotfix before friday. The update will contain some mission screen changes and a pass at combat to address some issues. Will be a bit lean in terms of picking up on content, and to be honest I wish we were farther ahead on that count, but given the holiday week, we have decided in the push/shove contest of feature placement vs stability, stability has to get the nod from Santa. So update and then a few days if intensive hotfixing of anything resembling a CTD or gameflow stopper. The plan is to get you folks playing a SotS2 game from beginning to end with a reasonable chance of success. Will be less huge of a game for now but what is there will work. Thats the plan.

The new year as I have mentioned will have at least a couple updates a month till every lil thing is where it should but the longer pacing should make for much cleaner updates. Before the end of the week we will put out a fairly comprehensive list of whats in and whats waiting so you can adjust your holiday playing accordingly.
Mecron
Kerberos

Re: Pre Holiday Update Plan

Postby vaccum_pony » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:35 am

Does this mean Psionics are off the table then? :D
Last edited by vaccum_pony on Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
- - - -

Shed not a tear for humanity, go fetch my stars.

Vaccum Pony
vaccum_pony

Postby Excalibur Bane » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:27 am

Sounds good Mecron. I'm really looking forward to the changes to combat. :)
Founder, The United Blacksmiths Of Britannia
UBB Eternal
Excalibur Bane

Postby ProjectLevyDelta » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:44 am

Psionics aren't that big of a deal. So we don't get to use one module.. just having combat fixed up and the game playable from start to finish will be nice.
ProjectLevyDelta

Postby zaknafein » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:29 am

My last two games where pretty stable already, the only CTD I got, was from trying to design shields :? both games where 200+ turns. Hope they still manage to apply the industrial tech and accuracy bonuses from relevant techs before the holidays. I missed those in my last game, also hope they get the stances some love.
zaknafein

Postby boostinsteve » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:50 am

Thanks Mecron, your guys dedication to this game and your customers really helps solidify at least one long term customer in me. I picked up SOTS a little after release of murder of the crows, and loved it ever since. Keep up the good work, and have a great holiday.
boostinsteve

Postby EddieMaiden » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:06 am

Mecron wrote:...The plan is to get you folks playing a SotS2 game from beginning to end with a reasonable chance of success...

This would be more than awesome... I really can relinquish on missing textures, or missing tech symbols or even on missing techs,
but (happend yesterday), playing until turn 320, so many plantes colonized, provinces established, trade routes and many fleets at the docks... and build my first tarka leviathan :shock: :awesome: :insane: this massive thing of destruction!

Send it on a "kill 'em all" mission... and get a reproduceable CTD which destroyes this beautiful game. (There was an error message box without content -.-).

regards :)
This is the life we chose, the life we lead...
...and there is only one gurantee...
...none of us will see heaven.
EddieMaiden

Postby Treliant » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:12 am

Thanks for the info Mecron, SotS ][ was my first experience with Kerberos and your games and i'd be lying if i said it started off on the right foot. However I've been following the forums since release and have been impressed with the community involvement of your team and the expansive strides you've all been making in the frequent patches. It's quickly turning into the awesome game that lurked inside the beast of the intial release. It actually made me up and buy the original game (which I'm sorry i missed when it was released, alas all the lost enjoyment :cry: )

I have to say i've logged almost 225 hours on the game so far which is a testament to the potential of the game or the sign of a diseased mind.... and I'm really hoping it's the former ;)

Keep up the great work and looking forward to what comes

cheers,
Treliant
Treliant

Postby Kris Lighthawk » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:52 am

Sounds like a good plan Mecron

Even though I had hoped you would managed fix everything before Christmas, I realized already weeks ago that it probably wasn’t going to happen. The game is however already a good game, even with a few things missing, so if you can manage to squash (almost) all the show-stopping bugs before the holyday, I will be looking forward to actually play a few games to the end :)
Kris Lighthawk

Postby Starman » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:04 pm

Sounds good Mecron. I already have much fun playing the game, despite some minor nitpicks I might sometimes have (don't take me too serious in that account :D ) You guys are doing a great job, and you are neither giving up on us or the game, and that's all that counts

Merry Christmas to you and your team !!
Starman

Postby Human » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:13 pm

Since there will still be missing release content before the holidays, does that mean the all-clear will be after the holidays. Where I am defining the "All-Clear" as "This is the game as it was intended to be on release day?"

Just curious, I will be playing, but my friends don't want to play till all is said and good. Also I don't want to hear their nit-picky comments about the game. (Tech that does nothing, etc.)
Human

Postby OF-pathfinder » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:25 pm

Sounds good to me. 8) Already have fun times. Now if I could just land a right upper cut on the Tarkasians I'd REALLY be happy! :twisted:

I sincerely hope the staff at KP have a great, RESTFUL holiday!
OF-pathfinder

Postby AngryJoeShow » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:42 pm

Mecron wrote:Hey folks,
The update will contain some mission screen changes and a pass at combat to address some issues.

The new year as I have mentioned will have at least a couple updates a month till every lil thing is where it should but the longer pacing should make for much cleaner updates. Before the end of the week we will put out a fairly comprehensive list of whats in and whats waiting so you can adjust your holiday playing accordingly.

Wooooooo! :insane:
Looking so much forward to this!
Can't wait to finally Review this beast in January, and spread the word that STOSII is close to it's full potential!
Joe Vargas, a.k.a "Angry Joe"
http://www.AngryJoeShow.com
http://www.BlisteredThumbs.net
Twitter: @AngryJoeShow
AngryJoeShow

Postby Rogoo » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:01 pm

AngryJoeShow wrote:Can't wait to finally Review this beast in January, and spread the word that STOSII is close to it's full potential!

Don't do it Joe. I find your reviews to be very accurate. Don't destroy your credibility.
Rogoo

Postby Will the Great » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:42 pm

Rogoo wrote:
AngryJoeShow wrote:Can't wait to finally Review this beast in January, and spread the word that STOSII is close to it's full potential!

Don't do it Joe. I find your reviews to be very accurate. Don't destroy your credibility.

Wow, that's not at all yet another thinly-veiled dig at the state of release.

Okay, we get it Rogoo. You are not happy.

I tell you what though, I'm going to laugh so hard if Joe writes a positive review come January and you start screaming for his head and whinging that he's gone soft or sold out. I don't think you're going to be satisfied until every reviewer and media site out there rips Kerberos to shreds and mounts Mecron's head on a pike as a warning. How dare they steal your money and give you an unfinished game(nevermind that they offered refunds, that's not the point)!
Will the Great

Next

Return to SotS2 General Discussion