Say hypothetically...

Talk about all things to do with the acclaimed 4X title.

Moderator: Erinys

Cainan

Re: Say hypothetically...

Post by Cainan » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:17 pm

Where is DOOMBOT when you need a leaked photo to slake your thirst for hype gratification?

Cpt. Awesome

Post by Cpt. Awesome » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:40 pm

Cainan wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:17 pm
Where is DOOMBOT when you need a leaked photo to slake your thirst for hype gratification?
Interesting, I just assumed that it is a little early for DOOMBOT where a SOTS remake is concerned.

If you look at recent news tweets and podcasts, seems like the "two" computer games and boardgame they are working on are more Pit related (in addition to whatever contract work they are doing as well).

Not saying to not be hyped...just saying you may need to pace yourself (obviously I hope my observations are incorrect and I will be playing a sots remake sooner rather than later).

Cainan

Post by Cainan » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:04 pm

Cpt. Awesome wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:40 pm
Not saying to not be hyped...just saying you may need to pace yourself (obviously I hope my observations are incorrect and I will be playing a sots remake sooner rather than later).
The current run of games right now is kinda depressing, I'm spending most of my game time right now replaying older titles.
Hype and nostalgia are all i got! ;)

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:06 pm

Xcom 2 has about as much as common to the original Xcom as a turkey does to a turnip. That's why I didn't mention it. But as I derailed it enough with my example, will stop.

Well, since I can't think of anything else... will there be a bloom slider? :awesome:
Sword of the Stars 2 - Project Hiver modder - work in progress.
Creator of the upcoming Seimei universe.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:37 pm

Lol yes, just for you and JJ Abrams ;)

BlueInstinct

Post by BlueInstinct » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:01 pm

Wait, have i actually missed a discussion about a sots1 remake???

could HD Graphics means something along the lines of sots2 graphics?

man, you get me all hyped up here mecron.
Hypothetically ofc.....
I feel terrible for not coming here in such a long time.....

best of everything to you folks at kerb

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:02 pm

thanks blue

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:11 pm

Cainan wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:04 pm
Cpt. Awesome wrote:
The current run of games right now is kinda depressing, I'm spending most of my game time right now replaying older titles.
You gotta list bro???? 8)

Shadoz

Post by Shadoz » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:40 am

hi @ll

long time ago visiting sots forum here ...

can someone give a summary of this thread ? "hypothetically" talking about a remake of SotS-1 ... will it be happend or is it only a dream ?
what said the devs about ther fantastic SotS Universe ? :-)

thx for answer

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:23 am

There has been no announcement that any such game is in production; right now this should be considered as a statement that Kerb would like to make such a game when they are able, but we have no idea when that might be. If they were to make it, the game would probably be pretty similar to SotS1 but not exactly identical, and while there might be a few ideas drawn from SotS2 there would probably not be a lot of them, because it would not be a big budget game like SotS2 was.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Cainan

Post by Cainan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:52 pm

Sebastian wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:11 pm
Cainan wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:04 pm
Cpt. Awesome wrote:
You gotta list bro???? 8)
At the moment, I'm replaying the Legacy of Kain series on the PC.
I saved my PS2 so that i could always play this series as intended, but when i booted it up a couple weeks back, it coughed, clutched its hard drive, spun round once and fell dead at my feet. I'll never forget his final words to me: "Disk Read Error. Please insert a Playstation or Playstation 2 format disk.". :( :(

Azrael Ultima

Post by Azrael Ultima » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:10 am

Odd. My PS2 doesn't even have a hard drive. Though given that it is capable of a rather theatric death, i suppose yours isn't exactly normal.
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
The zeppelin of bluster Feldman excoriated Freddy with suddenly popped into a cloud of humility. (David Grand, The Disappearing Body, 2002)

Launch apathy protocols. Visual rotational thrusters engaged. Scroll command to HAND/DEXTER/02 received. Submitting pressure request to location Left Mouse. Visual augur confirms hit on Planetary Annihilation General Discussion.

Shadoz

Post by Shadoz » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:50 am

thx for responding ...

so i hope kerberos will be able to make another game in the SotS universe similar to SotS 1 :-)

in my opinion it is not neccessary to have a big budget - i mean ok SotS 2 have had very nice grafiks - but i think very more important is all the ingame depths for gameplay and customization of ships ... SotS 1 was one of my most played Strategy games especially for multiplayer gaming ... it was ultra fun and sometimes a game was running over days ^^

at this point: VERY BIG THANKS TO KERBEROS FOR THEIR NICE SWORD OF THE STARS

the races are very nice and unique - only the zuul i was a little disliking because of the resources they destroy on every planet oO - very ultra long game sessions was not possible with them
-- if a game more similar to SotS 1 will be comming up in future i would wish that the LOA race from SotS 2 will find it way to the game ... i like the idea and the backround for a KI race without life *ggg*

the only think i was a little missing in SotS was a little bit economy - i found it would make the game much more greater ... all was about money ...
i dont need to have an ultra complex economical system - but a little bit would be nice ... some buildings you could build at planets and a couple of resources ^^

for 4x games in general i dont like the mainstream games, the indie games are more deeper ... there was only 2 games i loved (maybe one or two more BUT they dont have multiplayer - thats very sad - so only this 2 games)... on the one hand for sure "Sword of the Stars" - on the other hand "Star Ruler" ...

my dream of a ultra 4x game would be the mix of these two games ...

i wish only the best for kerberos hoping they will be able working on a next SotS title :-)

best regards :-)

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:55 am

Based on what Kerb has said/done previously, I don't think planetary economy buildings or resources are too likely. Instead what you might see is orbital infrastructure you can build/destroy in space. There is a little bit of that in SotS1 and more in SotS2 with stations, and I think you could expect to see stations have some role in a SotS1 remake. (Trained personnel is potentially a resource - SotS2 used admirals this way - but I consider this less likely as it's simply not present at all in SotS1 and doesn't fit naturally in a remake.)

Having listened to some portion of the podcasts again, and reading between the lines a bit, I think Kerberos doesn't just want to do this SotS1 remake project, but they actually have a roadmap to get there, assuming nothing crazy happens on the way. The thing is there are several other projects they are working on that have to happen first, so patience is definitely in order. On the other hand, most of these interim projects that we know about are SotS-verse related, so it's quite possible and maybe even likely that one or more of them will scratch some of the itches people are looking to have scratched by the SotS remake.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:55 am

ZedF wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:55 am
...most of these interim projects that we know about are SotS-verse related, so it's quite possible and maybe even likely that one or more of them will scratch some of the itches people are looking to have scratched by the SotS remake.
I'm seriously doubting it unless one or more of them involves space battles somehow and those involve some authentic SotSverse ships.

I mean I could see a space sim set in the SotS verse but I doubt Kerb is in a position to finance that. I'd play that to death and likely kill out my HOTAS on it.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Return to “SotS”