A Film Series for Sword of The Stars? Repost From SoTS 2

Talk about all things to do with the acclaimed 4X title.

Moderator: Erinys

Urillch

Re: A Film Series for Sword of The Stars? Repost From SoTS 2

Post by Urillch » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:23 am

Ello there! Here another update! It's been while but i do have progress to show! Since the last update I've been learning Unreal Engine and some story telling techniques. My story and script writing still needs some work jumping from high school level writing to professional isn't easy it seems. But my college professor told me he'll help me develop them and such. But on a graphical note (unreal engine) I've learned lighting and my level design has increased (imo). I don't know, you tell me!

Lab Scene Preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7Xf7b2n_M8&t=116s

Sorry about the quality and frame drop. I've never exported from Unreal Engine and Unreal engine makes it kinda hard, but it just a learning curve. I should be able to develop a solution soon. But for the time being I've been using OBS to record the Editor engine.

I've gotten some feedback from the title screen post and have started to work on a better version of it. I have developed a new title and a grand entrance this time around. I'm going to be combining Cinema 4D and Unreal Engine to make the title. It should be included in the next update and I'm sure you'll all be impressed. In other words I have also developed a few characters for the film human based though others still need some work(making the tarka is hella hard). I will be using the Unreal pack: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplac ... -mannequin for the AI model's. The more male based models will based off this pack but I'll modify them a bit to try and match that infamous Image,
http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots2/Loa_Collective .

I might as well drop you the main antagonist name is and see if you guys like him.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'The Tree'

'The Tree' is the name of the self aware AI from the colony Roma. 'The Tree' is the name that the AI created for itself, it believes that it is the plant of the universe and it's mission to to eradicate or take in all carbon beings and expel life to the universe in it's own image, a universe of Silicon. It was one of the first sentient AI's of Sol Force's influence.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright that's going to end this update I'll be back soon with the next one! If you want to see me in action be sure to visit my twitch I try to Live stream my work on Wednesdays! Thanks for reading!
I rather be judged by 12, then carried by 6.

marshb

Post by marshb » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:37 pm

WOW, and AWESOME! come to mind! :shock:
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

Urillch

Post by Urillch » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:44 pm

Small Update! I've updated the title a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhL4LHbVNyc

The sword in the background is a placeholder until I can get the model of the swords from the wallpaper done. Tell me what yall think!

Urillch

Post by Urillch » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:34 pm

Ello there! Its been a while since an update[got to stop saying that], school in full force and my job has started to reach its peak times of the year. So there hasn't been tons of work on the project. I will say that there has been many foundations set for it! I've meet a few other people on my campus with some talent and the time to help me with the project and am currently working with them on some parts! But, alas they are in the same boat I am in! :yell: No need to worry. I've pour a lot of free time into the film and have made some major progress! So I've found a way to make all the ship models and a lot of the human models as well. I'm going to try a new update form so you can see what you need to see!

Ground Models
Many clothing and weapons tech has made it's way in the fold! So currently it's planned to have Humans, Zuul, and AI/Loa! The situation is the Zuul models (Male/Female) are going to need so time to make. I'm learning as I go and don't have the money to pay for a modeler, but I am trying my best to get better! I'm building all my human models of a template and I'm in the search for a nice face Rig system or suck it up and do it all by hand. A few sword models have been tossed in the fold (See Below)
Human

Zuul

Ship Models
As of right not I cant show pictures of the new ships and stations due to the fact that I forgot to export them before school, in a form Unreal Engine could use so Ditto! But The newest models are The asteroid monitor, Human Destroyer CnC, Zuul Wraith Vessel, and Zuul Rip Ship. I'm in the process of figuring out how to add the engine effects to the ships and the effects when an an action is performed EX. Zuul Rip Ship ripping open Node-Space. The next step is to Rig all the moving parts of the ships EX. Zuul middle section orbit/ CnC Middle section rotation. I am also considering re texturing for all the ships but it's still in the air. Today I did finish a Alpha build of the bridge section of a destroyer. There is a lot of work to be done still, I had to cut off early because the lab here closed early today but take a look!(See Below)

Planets
Ok, so I've been watching alllloooottt of Sci-fi movies trying to get a look into what some alien worlds look like. I've come up with a few but they are not ready to be showed yet. I've got one planet worked out. I'm calling it "Sha'urn". The plan is for it to be a planet where human diplomats and Liir diplomats can work together in being their races closer. The entire planet has an Ocean Biome so the humans live in floating cities above the surface of the planet. ( See Below)

Alright that concludes this update Thanks for reading! I show have much more to post in the next!

marshb

Post by marshb » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:21 pm

Amazing work! :shock:
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

Urillch

Post by Urillch » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:52 am

Here's the VR preview!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9770 ... 01VY3ZjVTQ

Download the file and read the instructions for VR controls/ Regular.

This is just a walkthrough in a winter map for the Film/VR game. The next release will be the Mars Dome Base. Currently learning AI so it does feel all lonely. I can't give a time for it recently I've been offered to work for VR department at my location so there might be a setback in builds. Tell me what you think of it! Thanks for reading!

All the rest of the builds will be posted here!
http://www.kerberos-productions.com/for ... =1&t=57773

Urillch

Post by Urillch » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:03 am

Hello there! Long time to update. So what has been going on? Well, I'm going to be releasing a teaser soon of the Film/Game. But I plan on having the Film part out before the game part. But first here's a picture of a human colony!

Progress
Now that a lot of the setting has been made/nearly done I've moved to making the zuul models. Now these Zuul are a tough bunch and I've bee trying my best to stay true to the lore with the age growth and such but it's taking longer than expected. But once the models are done I'll have to move over to animation which has recently been solved the issue!

Motion Capture Studio
Woot Woot! I've got the Motion Capture Studio! The animations will be done with Iclone 7 and now the human creation. Know I only have to worry about the clothing for humans! And I'm sure with enough tweaking around I can find out how to get the zuul in there as well!

Conclusion

Now, i have recently completed my midterms at my school so finals are next and that's going to take a lot of time away from the project. We might be hitting a very slow bump but don't worry! Once its all over and done with I'll be jumping right back on it.

And please keep in mind that the film and the game will be completely free. I have no intentions of profiting off this whatsoever. I just want to try my hand at a major production. And this is tailored for your guys! So if you have suggestions please tell me! The majority of corrections have been from people who have never heard sword of the stars. Alright then I'll see you all in the black! :any:

marshb

Post by marshb » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:32 pm

This is amazing work! Looking forward to that trailer!

Orison of Sonmi-451

Urillch

Post by Urillch » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:24 pm

Hello there! If you've been keeping track you've more than likely seen all the work that I have done up to this point. Sadly my External drive that was holding the majority of the project got corrupted and I lost a lot. But I had backed up some of the very early stuff and assets on a cloud storage software. So this sets me back a few months but I think it should go along smoothly because I've become more experienced in the engine I am working in. Since a majority of the code was lost as well i'Il capitalize on the film part of the project. Thanks for Reading!

marshb

Post by marshb » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:40 pm

WHAAAA,!??!! Bummer! I was so looking forward to some Sots goodness! :yell:

Orison of Sonmi-451

Urillch

Post by Urillch » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:18 pm

All good! I've Got the Iclone 7 engine and CC so human creation is about to be a breeze. I'll update you guys on the main characters of the film and you tell me if it has SoTS goodness.

Return to “SotS”