SotS Update 1.8.0 Details

Talk about all things to do with the acclaimed 4X title.

Moderator: Erinys

Railgunner2160

Re: SotS Update 1.8.0 Details

Post by Railgunner2160 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:51 am

Hello Mec, and all of the SOTS fanbase!! It's been quite a while since I last posted, and I see this topic on login, So my question is what are the downloads for the patch, and does the GG patch only require the GG Version of ANY......

PS: That Teaser Trailer is BADASS!!!!!
The Gray Coats Are Coming!! - The Terran Confedrancy

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by silvaril » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:19 am

Heya

Downloads are listed on the Wiki at:
http://sots.rorschach.net/Category:Versions

:)
silvaril wrote:Love is Love, God is God and I am still Living a Lifetime

Disclaimer:
The views of any individual may not necessarily represent those of "God"(tm)

Lord Bale

Post by Lord Bale » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:21 am

Slightly random (and possibly silly) question. What with the holiday steam sale and the full SotS collection being 10$ im considering buying that (just to have it all in one place for easy installing). My question is, when a patch is released, will steam auto patch/update it like it does with other games?

Edit: Just thought of another question, if i get the steam version of the game, will i still be able to use fan made maps?

BizzarreCoyote

Post by BizzarreCoyote » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:44 am

Lord Bale wrote:. My question is, when a patch is released, will steam auto patch/update it like it does with other games?

Edit: Just thought of another question, if i get the steam version of the game, will i still be able to use fan made maps?

1. Yes, though the updates don't arrive nearly as fast as many would like, due to it seeming like Steam has some sort of vendetta against this game

2. Yes, just drop 'em into the "Maps" folder :D

overweightninja wrote: Bows & Arrows or small calibre weapons are all well and good, but unless you're exploding zed heads, you're just creating evil brain munching swiss cheese.

amtie

Post by amtie » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:09 am

Yes, seriously, don't buy the game from Steam. Get it from GamersGate or something.

Mightypeon

Post by Mightypeon » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:29 pm

Mecron wrote:Well t obe very honest...our attitude is that, while it would be wonderful if everything in a zillion lines of code ran perfectly the first time, if we are gonna pop the hood and do some work on the ol girl, we might as well add a blower and maybe put new plugs in while we are there. The main thing to remember about Kerberos is that we just do say we are gamers...we ARE the full meal deal...and as such, how could we ever resist making our games bigger and better? We wanna play them too! :)

You good Sir, are full of win.

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:19 am

Mightypeon wrote:
Mecron wrote:Well t obe very honest...our attitude is that, while it would be wonderful if everything in a zillion lines of code ran perfectly the first time, if we are gonna pop the hood and do some work on the ol girl, we might as well add a blower and maybe put new plugs in while we are there. The main thing to remember about Kerberos is that we just do say we are gamers...we ARE the full meal deal...and as such, how could we ever resist making our games bigger and better? We wanna play them too! :)

You good Sir, are full of win.

And then Mecron wonders why he gets such crazy obsessed gamer fans like me... :roll:

Talguy 21

Post by Talguy 21 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:19 pm

Can someone pm me the new random's name at least? I havent played sots long on 1.8.0, but a bit on AMoC. I cant tell the difference between the new one and the oldies.
"Who are you?" he muttered. "What are you?"

My name is Legion, it teased, mocking. For we are many.
Oh but do come back, Cai Rui. For you have seen such things…and I am so very hungry.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- The Deacon's Tale
Im in ur hous, tuchin ur stuffs. - Me xD

ignus

Post by ignus » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:23 pm

The new random menace is known as "The Herald".

NEONess

Post by NEONess » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:05 pm

I have version 1.7.1. I bought the Ultimate Collection unaware of the third expansion. So I bought the third one online, and now I'm up to 1.7.1. I do not have the Complete Collection, but I do have the game and all three of the expansions.

I don't know if I'm looking in the wrong pages or what, but I seem to be unable to locate where to officially download the 1.8.0 patch. I would be grateful for any help.

Nspace
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Nspace » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:39 pm

In general, you should be able to get the 1.8.0 update from the Digital Distributor you purchased Argos Naval Yard from. Where did you get Argos Naval Yard from?
"Quando omni flunkus, mortati" - "When all else fails, play dead"
SotS 1 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots1/Main_Page
SotS 2 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots2/SotS2_Codex

nickersonm

Post by nickersonm » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:31 pm

NEONess wrote:I don't know if I'm looking in the wrong pages or what, but I seem to be unable to locate where to officially download the 1.8.0 patch. I would be grateful for any help.

The wiki page silvaril linked at the top of this page lists two mirrors. Personally, I think my mirror is simpler to use than the 5-links-deep FileFront mirror, but I'm biased ;).

The "official" download would be what Nspace said: whatever your distributor provides.

- nickersonm

NEONess

Post by NEONess » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:58 am

Sorry for the delayed reply. I bought the Navel yard Expansion for $4.91 at the Gamers Gate Website that the Kerberos-Productions linked me too. I have looked for a 1.8.0 download, but all my searches ended with the "Complete Collection".

Update: while I was typing this reply I had stumbled upon the patch in my 'recent download/orders'. In the description, it showed the links for the patches. Thank you for all of your help.

I have another question regarding the patches. If I started a game back with my "a Murder of Crows" patch being the latest, then I Installed the 1.7.1 Naval Yard installment, and now 1.8.0; would the patches be influencing my current game that has been going on for a few weeks now, or will I have to exit this game and start a new one to see the patches take effect on the game that I am currently in the middle of?

nickersonm

Post by nickersonm » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:47 am

All versions are capable of loading older saves; sometimes new features may be missing, especially new techs and races. Otherwise it will play as the version you're running.

ConjurerDragon

Post by ConjurerDragon » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:13 pm

I have the Complete Collection with patch 1.8.0 installed - but when I start the game the
"message of the day" still talks about patch 1.7.whatever changes or that the complete collection will be out soon.
Can those obsolete messages be disabled in the game?

Return to “SotS”