Read Me First

Talk about all things to do with the acclaimed 4X title.

Moderator: Erinys

nickersonm

Re: Read Me First

Post by nickersonm » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:39 pm

amtie wrote:At Easy, their economy is at 50% strength, and at Hard, 150%.

Easy AIs are the same as Normal AIs. Easy players get +50%. Difficult AIs get +50%.

amtie

Post by amtie » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:29 pm

Easy AIs are the same as Normal AIs? So there is a pragmatic difference? Didn't know that.

AlanF5

Post by AlanF5 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:50 pm

Amtie, it's right here.

Xmasbeer wrote:Interesting point about AI set to normal instead of easy.

I am pretty new and I have a question about AI behaviour. What does change when AI is set to a more difficult level? See above.
Will they just spam more ships? Yes.
Will they research dreadnought quicker? Yes.
Will they actually engage more tactically, No.
or will they just try to counter your weapons more quickly? Yes.
Download my zombie outbreak mini-sim: unfortunately, it's not Fort Zombie.

Winner of the "Guess what the zerker discs are an homage to?" race. (The Mandarin's ten rings)

amtie

Post by amtie » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:20 pm

Yeah, the last time I read the wiki was... a long time ago. :thumbsup: I should do that more often. Thanks.

Xmasbeer
Hates Achievements achievement UNLOCKED!

Post by Xmasbeer » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:03 am

Sorry for that, I read the wiki on many things, from tech to random encounters, but it never occurred to me that it would have such a detailed AI info.

AlanF5

Post by AlanF5 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:19 pm

No worries. :thumbsup: The wiki, like a lot of reference material, is perversely easier to use if you already know what you are looking for.
Download my zombie outbreak mini-sim: unfortunately, it's not Fort Zombie.

Winner of the "Guess what the zerker discs are an homage to?" race. (The Mandarin's ten rings)

zilfondel

Post by zilfondel » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:22 pm

Honestly, I found the Morrigi's variable drive speed very difficult to estimate fleet speed and interception/invasion times as a new player. I ended up with 1/2 my fleet stuck in deepspace with too few tankers, also.

Humans are easy since many other space games have incorporated "node lines." Its not a new concept, thankfully. Although I need to try Tarka in my next game.

Starknight

Post by Starknight » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:10 am

zilfondel wrote:Honestly, I found the Morrigi's variable drive speed very difficult to estimate fleet speed and interception/invasion times as a new player. I ended up with 1/2 my fleet stuck in deepspace with too few tankers, also.

Humans are easy since many other space games have incorporated "node lines." Its not a new concept, thankfully. Although I need to try Tarka in my next game.

For Morrigi speeds, check the link in my signature. It's something I threw together for my own use in Excel and then ported to GoogleDocs so others could make use of it.

As far as getting stuck without fuel, that's something that happens. You can send more tankers to rescue them by plotting an intercept course to the fleet; while you can't go to an arbitrary point in space, fleets can be chosen as a destination. Just make sure all of the ships will have enough fuel to reach the original destination, or another one nearby. Morrigi Tankers can completely refuel 10 DEs; Refineries can refuel 50. CRs count as 3 DEs and DNs count as 6. Keep in mind that the fuel ships themselves count against this number. :)
My Morrigi fleet-speed calculator for SotS Prime
The Holy Lands - Hivers vs. the infidel Liir (and others)
Currently working on getting my board game Dragon Raiders into final condition before going to Kickstarter...

smokin_monkey

Post by smokin_monkey » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:55 pm

BIG NOTE IF YOU HAVE MULTICORE CPU AND TRYING TO MULTIPLAY>
I always wanted to do a big bold one. I could not stay connected in multiplayer mode on any server. I had to edit the SOTS.ini file. Add the following lines:

[CPU]
ForceSingleCore=1

Problem solved.

Return to “SotS”