Post questions for Kerb Stomp episodes here!

Talk about all things to do with the acclaimed 4X title.

Moderator: Erinys

The Apprentice

Post questions for Kerb Stomp episodes here!

Post by The Apprentice » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:16 pm

The KP Twitter account said to send in questions, and I was wondering if we could post 'em here if we don't do the twitter thing.

If so...

1. How have you guys each felt about the release of Necromancer, on the business side? Any hiccups or lessons learned you can share? Bonus points if funny!

2. How has following player reaction to Necro been? ("Its OP!" "OMG weakest class EVAR?")

3. What playtesting/design insights can be shared about getting the Lich victory, in the light of the challenges players are experiencing on insane difficulty?

4. Regarding KaGg, do you plan on having/are there easter eggs players can find on the maps as they stomp about?

Looking forward to the next 'cast! (Farcast? No? I'll show myself out...)
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

castewarkp
Site Admin

Re: Where should we post questions for episodes?

Post by castewarkp » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:00 am

Here is perfect. We recorded the day before you posted, but I will print them out for next episode.

The Apprentice

Re: Post questions for episodes here!

Post by The Apprentice » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:52 am

5. There is an enigmatic comment about the "floor tiles in The Pit" attributed to Ken Lee in the Premium Lore Book (which incidentally is totally worth $25 USD and supports Erinys's Patreon). If that floor tile art still visible in the current version of the Pit, which floors can it appear on?

6. A streamer has recorded a "Pit Rap" based on his experiences in the game. Not really a question, just thought it was worth mentioning ;) (http://www.twitch.tv/thejasonshow/c/6037496)

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:18 am

In KAGG, we know the various cities of the world have access to different military equipment/resources depending on how large/well-protected they are. We also know cities/nations have morale and presumably their militaries are affected by similar considerations. Do the various military forces of the world also have different training levels, and if so what effects does this have? Do they employ different behaviour depending on how well-trained they are? Do training levels interact with the morale system?
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

EnigmaticDoctor

Post by EnigmaticDoctor » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:27 am

Felt like asking a question, though I don't know what about. I'll try this one without searching the lore forum.

What bases do the various SOTS races use for counting/Maths? They can't all be based off of fingers, right. I mean some of them don't have fingers, in the traditional sense.

It is not pronounced, "en-ni-ma(t)-(tic)-doc-tor"

EnigmaticDoctor

Post by EnigmaticDoctor » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:33 am

Felt like asking a question, though I don't know what about. I'll try this one without searching the lore forum.

What bases do the various SOTS races use for counting/Maths? They can't all be based off of fingers, right. I mean some of them don't have fingers, in the traditional sense.

I just found out that I had already asked this, but no Lore Goddess' seal of approval. Here is my much better worded question, complete with fantastic grammar and spelling, and the forum link.

http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=52544&p=531764&hilit=don%27t+have+fingers#p531764

EnigmaticDoctor wrote:I was wondering what number basis the various cultures in the SOTSverse use, which became difficult as I didn't remember how many fingers each race had. Then I remembered that the Liir might not count by tentacles/flippers, and that the Loa don't necessarily even have fingers!

Do the SOTSverse cultures each adopt number systems related to some biological denominator like number of fingers?
And have what's left of Humanity after the Thaw all finally agreed that Metric is sensible the way to go for measurement?

Just as a cherry on top of all of that, have the scientific communities come together to form an interstellar standard for units of measurement for scientific purposes and more easily sharing data?

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:58 am

Numbers in the SotSverse! Check. It shall be answered next episode! Woot!

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

EnigmaticDoctor

Re: Post questions for Kerb Stomp episodes here!

Post by EnigmaticDoctor » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:37 am

Thanks! Sorry about the double post. Really not sure what happened there.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:29 pm

On the lighter side of KAGG... will there be a Stay-Puffed Marshmallow Man skin, perhaps for Armagordon? ;)
Zed's TARs (sample):

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:42 am

Another KAGG question... can your Kaiju be intercepted while enrout to/from a city and, if so, what kinds of things can the player do that will increase or decrease his/her kaiju's chance of being detected and intercepted?
Zed's TARs (sample):

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:47 am

Needy Joey Apprentice asks: "The Lich DLC weapons seem to be very rare or just not appearing when considering the wiki, boards, and streams. (Barring the ones Az starts with, of course!) Bearing in mind the demands of KaGG, how likely is a tuning increase in drop frequency for those weapons?"

ScoSteSal118

Post by ScoSteSal118 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:07 am

A few questions about the Pit:

What sorts of modifications did you make to the AI of the Pit in the most recent update? Are there any interesting details in the Pit's AI that you'd like to mention?

What sort of timeframe is the Pit 2's development most likely starting up big-time within (and/or when might we see a funding campaign): 6 months, a year, 2 years?

Why does the Morrigi get to use heavy weapons without armor but still have no skill with them? Lore reasons, balance reasons, oversight in the midst of a hectic schedule reasons, etc.?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:36 pm

Hmm some of these pit questions are getting a lil self serving 8)

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:11 am

Question for the Podcast:

Curious about your perspectives on the business impact of having achievements enabled at release for Steam- Is the "'cheevos required to buy" group statistically significant?

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Fri May 08, 2015 11:21 am

Ginormasaurus has high mobility, and the resources the player needs to keep fighting and to progress come from buildings. This seems to encourage a hit-and-move playstyle where it's often better to avoid large groups of enemies than to fight them, and instead concentrate on destroying buildings and civilians to gather resources and lower city morale. Shrubby is significantly slower and might find it easier to gather resources to progress from defeated enemies. Is she intended to play more in a style that's designed to facilitate getting into a fray and fighting through it?
Zed's TARs (sample):

Return to “SotS”