Where to buy the game(s)

Talk about all things to do with the acclaimed 4X title.

Moderator: Erinys

castewar
Kerberos

Where to buy the game(s)

Post by castewar » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:18 pm

This will grow over time, but to start things off, Lighthouse is now pre-selling SotS at their online store.

Details on other reatailers, online and real-world, DD and boxes, will be added here soon.

Shopping from North America

Shopping from Europe

Shopping for BoB

oogs

Post by oogs » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:47 pm

this migh tbe better for the lighthouse boards, but.... when you pre-buy the game, will it ship on the 22nd or will it ship a few days early (given that it's in transit for a good week) so that it arrives around the 22nd.

castewar
Kerberos

Post by castewar » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:07 pm

That's totally a lighthouse question I'm afraid - I'm not really sure how they handle their shipping. As you guessed, best to ask them.

SirTomster
Zuul Survivor
Zuul Survivor

Post by SirTomster » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:01 am

Amazon US
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GCBPA6/sr=8-1/qid=1154048072/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-4193515-2900939?ie=UTF8

Good luck getting an answer from lighthouse on when it ships....

http://www.lighthouse-interactive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=332

Try asking though. Maybe more people asking will get an answer.

Of course we do not have an official ship date yet either (in the US).... Though they did announce for England, France and Germany.

http://www.lighthouse-interactive.com/index.php?nid=122&main=archive&type=
-SirTomster-

oogs

Post by oogs » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:03 am

I was hoping to go pick it up physically the day of, at like 8 am so tha ti can play all day. :)

SirTomster
Zuul Survivor
Zuul Survivor

Post by SirTomster » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:07 am

oogs wrote:I was hoping to go pick it up physically the day of, at like 8 am so tha ti can play all day. :)

Mecron suggests keep calling your local retailers and asking. They track those calls and it might but a bee in the bonnet to make sure order copies from Destineer which will mean that they will be at local stores.

(my addtions/guesses)
Which would help others who never heard of the game find it. Which would sell more copies. Which would give Kerberos a reason (besides that they already want to...) to create the expansion packs and SotS 2, 3, 4, 234, etc... :)
-SirTomster-

oogs

Post by oogs » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:57 am

but i don't want more expansion packs... if i play this forever i won't have any spare time/money to do other enjoyable things with :)

SirTomster
Zuul Survivor
Zuul Survivor

Post by SirTomster » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:27 am

A possible incentive to receive from Lighthouse.

Beastman wrote:Yes US preorders will be shipped earlier. Don't count on any huge advantages with ordering online, the 22nd is not far out anymore and we just entered production. Logistically there is not much of an advantage to be obtained.

http://www.lighthouse-interactive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=332&start=15
-SirTomster-

BatAttack

Post by BatAttack » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:46 am

Ok, what about Australia?

Will we have it released in shops here at all? Or do we have to order it online from the US?

SirTomster
Zuul Survivor
Zuul Survivor

Post by SirTomster » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:33 pm

BatAttack wrote:Ok, what about Australia?

Will we have it released in shops here at all? Or do we have to order it online from the US?

Well Ari who lives in New Zealand ordered it from the the US store (it says it will ship to NZ) So assume you could do the same for Australia. Haven't a clue when it would arrive though...

Of course best to check with Lighthouse on that to be safe.
-SirTomster-

Scavinger

Post by Scavinger » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:33 pm

I know someone who works at Gamestop, and they say that SotS is not even in their computer system yet.

I also know someone who knows someone who just started working for Destineer, and I'm hoping to get some intel from that.

I live in the US, BTW.
--Scavinger

SirTomster
Zuul Survivor
Zuul Survivor

Post by SirTomster » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:15 am

Scavinger wrote:I know someone who works at Gamestop, and they say that SotS is not even in their computer system yet.

I also know someone who knows someone who just started working for Destineer, and I'm hoping to get some intel from that.

I live in the US, BTW.

My son seems to go to Gamestop every few hours (it seems) so having him check for me when he goes. No joy there.

Let us know what you find from your friend!
-SirTomster-

TexasDevilDog

Post by TexasDevilDog » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:31 am

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #1,407 in Computer & Video Games (See Top Sellers in Computer & Video Games)
Yesterday: #5,890 in Computer & Video Games

Moved up a lot on the sales ranking today. :) Pretty good for being preorder.

meltdown

Post by meltdown » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:51 am

Yup, looks like I am going to have to buckle down and buy it from Amazon rather than going into my local store and getting it. None of the EBGames/Gamestop around here have even heard of it and when I called the direct custopmer support line, as it doesn't show up online, they had no clue it was even coming out. Meaning probably won't see it there for a week or so, or until it hits the bargain bin, pretty sucky IMO bu oh well.

Emperor Zog
Ante Priore Wangum

Post by Emperor Zog » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:52 am

They lost touch lately when it comes to selling the odd man out. Thank the great googly moogly for Online shopping and shifty guys in over sized coats with many many pockets.
Hope Rides Alone

"A hero is just a man who knows that he is free." -Last words of Protoman

Return to “SotS”