Where to buy the game(s)

Talk about all things to do with the acclaimed 4X title.

Moderator: Erinys

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Re: Where to buy the game(s)

Post by zanzibar196 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:58 am

Yes, if you are willing to burn yourself a copy!! :twisted:

nickersonm

Post by nickersonm » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:28 pm

Yes, it has been available on Lighthouse's US store for a while: http://store.digitalriver.com/store/lig ... ayHomePage

I know of several people who have successfully received it.

harperbrad

Post by harperbrad » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:30 am

Lighthouse is all out of copies now. Kind of sad, considering they are the publisher...
--HarperBrad
Image Image Image

zanzibar196

Post by zanzibar196 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:33 pm

Thankfully, gamersgate will NEVER run out of copies!! :thumbsup:

tals

Post by tals » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:09 am

I'm located in the UK and the price of the expansion packs just seems too much to make that purchase :(

£20 for Born in Blood and £20+ for murder of crows so if I want to get the game - even though I have already got the vanilla copy it seems to be just too expensive.

Are there any plans to release another 'full version' containing all of the expansion packs. Alternatively any plans for the distributors to lower the price in the UK.

Tals

erdrik

Post by erdrik » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:27 pm

:shock: ... while most other games, of lesser quality, sell for $40+ ...

:?

tals

Post by tals » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:58 pm

erdrik wrote::shock: ... while most other games, of lesser quality, sell for $40+ ...

:?

You're mixing your currency up. £20 = $30, so to bring this game up to the latest version would cost around $60, probably could do it for $45 at a squeeze. Luckily the demo is so good (Kudos to the devs!) that I can play it till i'm sure I want to spend that much (bearing in mind I have the vanilla version that I have never played!)

Tals

erdrik

Post by erdrik » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:24 am

Still..
60$ is a damn sight better than the price of 2 expansions most other game companies expect you to pay, and you end up with a better game to boot.

zanzibar196

Post by zanzibar196 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:29 am

tals wrote:I'm located in the UK and the price of the expansion packs just seems too much to make that purchase :(

£20 for Born in Blood and £20+ for murder of crows so if I want to get the game - even though I have already got the vanilla copy it seems to be just too expensive.

Are there any plans to release another 'full version' containing all of the expansion packs. Alternatively any plans for the distributors to lower the price in the UK.

Tals

Stop being lazy... convert your money into US dollars for online purchasing and download it from the US version of gamersgate. Problem solved!! Either that, or your math is rather off... Born of Blood is only $20 on gamersgate, not 20 pounds... Sure, AMoC is currently $30... but I remember a few weeks ago when it was $15... sucks to be you at missing that sale!! (also I think if you don't have the original SotS you can get the Bob bundle for like $30...

tals

Post by tals » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:54 am

That breaks the publishers terms and conditions so you might as well just grab it from illicit means if you want to do that. The site will prevent you - although you can get round it all not kosher.

Either way amazon came up with a better price, rebought the collectors edition and murder for crows for £26 so not to shabby. Wills sell the vanilla version if I am able to :)

Tals

** note in uk gamers gate lists it as 20euros - which currently is £20 - now maybe you'll see the frustration that the same site is heavily hitting the Euro players

Space Voyager

Post by Space Voyager » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:25 am

tals wrote:£20 for Born in Blood and £20+ for murder of crows so if I want to get the game - even though I have already got the vanilla copy it seems to be just too expensive.

I hope you entered the lottery, Tals!
ErinysSolForce Intelligence has great difficulty penetrating Liir society to that depth, for obvious reasons. fibioLack of scuba gear?

tals

Post by tals » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:35 am

Space Voyager wrote:
tals wrote:£20 for Born in Blood and £20+ for murder of crows so if I want to get the game - even though I have already got the vanilla copy it seems to be just too expensive.

I hope you entered the lottery, Tals!

Nice heads up!

Rorschach
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Rorschach » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:48 am

For those of you still on the fence about GamersGate, they just announced that they're going client-less.

http://gamersgate.com/?page=shop&what=downloader

Nabobalis

Post by Nabobalis » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:50 pm

I have the frist two games off Impluse/Stardock, will a hard copy of AMOC work with them?

nickersonm

Post by nickersonm » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:15 pm

Yes it will, but Stardock has had some problems regarding nonstandard registry entries. If you're willing to spend 5 minutes in regedit, it's not an obstacle. I don't have the link on hand, but searching the tech support forum for 'impulse registry' or 'stardock registry' should get you a thread with solutions.

Return to “SotS”