Where to buy the game(s)

Talk about all things to do with the acclaimed 4X title.

Moderator: Erinys

harperbrad

Re: Where to buy the game(s)

Post by harperbrad » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:20 am

harperbrad wrote:Lighthouse is all out of copies now. Kind of sad, considering they are the publisher...

My copy just shipped! Whoohoo!
--HarperBrad
Image Image Image

Zabaron
Zuul Survivor
Zuul Survivor

Post by Zabaron » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:49 am

nickersonm wrote:I don't have the link on hand

Here it is.

-Zabaron
"ʎq ʎlɟ ʎǝɥʇ sɐ ǝʞɐɯ ʎǝɥʇ punos ƃuıɥsooʍ ʇɐɥʇ ǝʌol ı ˙sǝuılpɐǝp ǝʌol ı"
sɯɐpɐ sɐlƃnop-

ColdSteel
Ante Priore Wangum

Post by ColdSteel » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:36 am

Gamersgate just doesn't work. At least for me. After quite a few months of wanting to play this expansion I finally gave up on waiting for someone else to sell the game and tried GG today. I spent 7 hours of downloading the game over and over (and over) only to have the game error out after 100% download on the install part. I get "An error has occurred while downloading. The download is now paused. You may unpause the download to try again." When I hit Unpause I get this: Error Message: Server did not accept the request. (Server replied with HTTP status: 416, expected 206). Hitting unpause just generates the same error message over and over. Hitting stop wipes all the files I spent hours downloading.

At this point I'm sick of dealing with it. Thanks Kerberos for making your game impossible to acquire. Even if I buy it, I can't get it.
"Repensum est Canicula".
"Veni, Vidi, Nates Calce Concidi"

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Chill Pill time... *sigh*

Post by silvaril » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:13 am

Heya

The issue is with GamersGate, and is known, reference the following thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11460

Further, the issue is with their newly released, as of the beginning of February, client-less install, not the preceding client based versions.

I realise it must be frustrating, but please take the time to log a call with the provider, GamersGate, as the folks here can't really help you... ;)
silvaril wrote:Love is Love, God is God and I am still Living a Lifetime

Disclaimer:
The views of any individual may not necessarily represent those of "God"(tm)

ColdSteel
Ante Priore Wangum

Post by ColdSteel » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:32 pm

silvaril wrote: I realise it must be frustrating, but please take the time to log a call with the provider, GamersGate, as the folks here can't really help you...

I have done so. And, yes, I am very frustrated. I just wanted to express here that it would be nice to have more than a single, unreliable source for the game. Thanks, silvaril.
"Repensum est Canicula".

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Media which might get scratched, but probably works first ti

Post by silvaril » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:29 pm

Heya

If you haven't already done so, may I suggest placing yourself in the running for the giveaways at NeoSeeker: ;)
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11364

Disclaimer:

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:32 pm

Yes...of course...there is not such thing as technical problems with a DL source :roll: Like D2D did not alter the entire processing of SotS leading many people, to this day, thinking they had bought an unowrkably slow game...or our tech support area does not have people trying to figure out what another DDL source did to their file placement to render them unable to update because being "clever, clever" with registries is another form of "branding".

Sorry you are having trouble steel, but perspective is never a bad thing. You ordered the game during a short period where the service is undergoing a transition. No more, no less.

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

FYI

Post by silvaril » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:23 pm

Heya

http://forums.impulsedriven.com/339218
Yarlen @ StarDock wrote:Lighthouse Interactive's parent company has filed for bankruptcy and requested that we remove all of their games from sale. Until this is resolved on their end (hopefully positively), we are unable to sell their titles.

Disclaimer:

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:11 pm

ColdSteel wrote:At this point I'm sick of dealing with it. Thanks Kerberos for making your game impossible to acquire. Even if I buy it, I can't get it.

I realize that other posters have already explained the problem with the transition to a new downloading mechanism at Gamer's Gate, but I thought I would take the opportunity to say that I am personally very sorry that you are having so much trouble, Coldsteel.

Digital downloading services are indeed a mixed bag, and although most of our players have had a very good experience with Gamer's Gate, obviously there are exceptions to this rule. I hope that GG will be able to resolve this problem quickly for you, and that we will be able to provide more options in the future for our players.

In the meantime, thank you for buying our game, and please--hang in there!

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

ColdSteel
Ante Priore Wangum

Post by ColdSteel » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:05 am

Thanks for the very nice sentiments Arinn. I'm fine now. I was just frustrated with my very first (and probably last with GG) experience in digital game distribution and not being able to play the game I bought after 7 hours of repeatedly downloading it. Normally you just go somewhere else and buy it in those circumstances but that's not an option in this case so I just felt totally stymied. A few days have since gone by and Time = Distance = Perspective. Thanks very much for the morale boost and I do hope you are able to provide more options for purchase in the future.

As for Mecron's response, of course I realize they are having problems and things like this do happen. My frustration stemmed from having waited many months to purchase a retail copy of the game. When I realized that wasn't going to be available any time soon and I finally gave in and purchased the game from the sole source, I still couldn't get it. There are some days when you feel like you just can't win and that was certainly one of them. So, from your perspective "no more, no less' may technically sum it up in your inimitable fashion, but it still felt like a little more than that from this side of the fence.
"Repensum est Canicula".

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:33 pm

I understand how you feel, Coldsteel, and we will be working on it. Thank you for your patience, and please let us know how things go!

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Update time...

Post by silvaril » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:22 am

Heya

Just a note that Sword of the Stars and all expansions are no longer listed on GamersGate as being for sale:
http://gamersgate.com/index.php?page=sh ... _range=all

As can be seen from the link this is not to do with the Publisher as is the case over at StarDock, thus it is likely that this is specific to the issues raised with installing the game.

Hopefully they will return soon in working condition. :)

Disclaimer:

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Nice linky... useful linky... ;)

Post by silvaril » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:25 pm

Heya

A check today shows that the original SotS has returned to the product listing.

I would say that would be a result of the previously reported issues being with installing the expansions and not the base game.

So hopefully not too much longer before things return in working order... :)

Disclaimer:

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:39 am

Any chance of an online kerberos exclusive store in the near future where people can purchase hard copies that ship internationally and/or digitally download?

nickersonm

Post by nickersonm » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:22 pm

Since KP doesn't have DVD-printing and box-making facilities, I would hazard a guess that the answer is 'no'.

Return to “SotS”