Special Project probability increase

Research and Development in the SotS universe.
fredNN

Special Project probability increase

Post by fredNN » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:13 am

I think I did find a pattern. After I researched 4th alien language tech, I started getting more Special Projects as with only 3 language techs. Added bonus to the 4th tech is you can offer AI your tech and see what they don't have. :twisted:

willdieh

Re: Special Project probability increase

Post by willdieh » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:13 pm

That kinda makes sense, as you'd be better able to dissect salvaged technology if you can read/understand the culture it came from. I don't know if it's actually programmed into the game but I've read the posts of others that suggest it might be.

I play Zuul a lot and find it really helps for slaves to research one or two levels of alien culture. It'd be awesome if it also helped with salvage!

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:39 pm

AFAIK having more language tech has always helped with salvaging chances. So does bringing more repair ships.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

fredNN

Post by fredNN » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:40 am

ZedF wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:39 pm
AFAIK having more language tech has always helped with salvaging chances. So does bringing more repair ships.
I was not accurate enough. I had 3 alien language techs for Tarka and Human (to have Independent colony surrender) and 1 tech for Liir for about 80 turns and got 8 or 9 Special projects. Then researched 4th tech for all (cheated) and got 7 Special projects in 6 turns.

I still did NOT get industrial Special project for Tarka with Adamantite armor, but I had at least 20 battles where I could salvage it. Maybe even more language tech is needed for very expensive tech?

Return to “The Tech”