Is AI rebellion a random Event

Research and Development in the SotS universe.
LordD

Re: Is AI rebellion a random Event

Post by LordD » Tue May 08, 2012 9:48 pm

Thanks for the answer mecron. Can't believe I haven't noticed that in all the games I played since 2007 lol

Just noticed as morrigi I have good chances at AI repression tech,and considering the few mp games I played it not the first time someone rushed AI to get the benefits of AI and got rebellion, I wonder how much would someone pay to get the tech lol.
The empire of Lord D has arisen run or be destroyed.

LordD

Post by LordD » Tue May 08, 2012 10:09 pm

It scary how I keep coming back to this game, and I either finding out things I had never known, either that or I have severe memory loss.
The empire of Lord D has arisen run or be destroyed.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed May 09, 2012 12:40 am

its a pretty deep game...we designed it so people could play it for years and not get through everything.

Deathpr

Post by Deathpr » Sat May 12, 2012 5:43 pm

dont know if this was asked but i was playing a game against Morrigi(playing as hiver) and i got ai rebellion and 2 turns later the Morrigi got it too is that normal
p.s. lost the game
They say Death can be stopped and chained but he can be released with the fire of life.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sat May 12, 2012 7:38 pm

yes your rebel AI's infected their peaceful AI's...they blame you ;)

Deathpr

Post by Deathpr » Mon May 21, 2012 6:35 pm

awesome im to blame!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!! so i lost cuz i didnt get AI slaves wohoo!!!!!!
They say Death can be stopped and chained but he can be released with the fire of life.

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

*shrug*

Post by silvaril » Tue May 22, 2012 1:37 am

Heya

Deathpr wrote:so i lost cuz i didnt get AI slaves wohoo!!!!!!

Nope.

Like most things, the opportunity to get AI researched is a choice.
If the balance of power in the game is close, then making the choice to research AI could either win you the game, or throw it away, as one of the possible outcomes of the choice is a Rebellion, whether due to your own AI uprising, or because they meet other AI who rose up.
In part this is because one of the risks associated with the research is that you won't get the means to contain a Rebellion if it does kick off.

So the why of how you lost the game is because you made a choice to research a game changing technology, not because the game withheld technology that may have mitigated the result.

In most games where you are already winning by a reasonable margin, it makes little or no sense to research AI and risk the Rebellion.
Of course, if you get bored with the current crop of opponents, then you can start the research with an eye to getting a Rebellion to spice things up... ;)
Indeed, in MP games, some folks tended to research AI so as to get a Rebellion when faced with playing a losing position. !blah
silvaril wrote:Love is Love, God is God and I am still Living a Lifetime

Disclaimer:
The views of any individual may not necessarily represent those of "God"(tm)

usermist2

Post by usermist2 » Wed May 23, 2012 2:47 pm

Can you surrender to a rebel AI faction? Because if you could and wanted to be REALLY eebil... :twisted:
[spolier]Get an AI revolution, then surrender to it. The AI rebellion will get all of your worlds in addition to its own.[/spoiler]

Things Go Better With C2H5OH.

Deathpr

Post by Deathpr » Wed May 23, 2012 7:56 pm

why would u surrender to the AI? :?:

usermist2

Post by usermist2 » Fri May 25, 2012 5:09 pm

See ^: You are already losing (especially after the rebellion), and you want to be sure that the remaining peoples have to clean up your mess...

Things Go Better With C2H5OH.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sat May 26, 2012 7:00 pm

and you are a bit of a douche :twisted:

The Vahl

Post by The Vahl » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:40 am

I hate to ask a question if has already been asked elsewhere, but I can't find it in the forum. Will the basic AI techs (Predictive Gunnery for example) trigger the Rebellion, or only the techs that have Artificial Intelligence or Ai in there name potentially cause it? BTW, great feature in the game!
"Var'kona, the Hiver have arrived at the colony. We should be able to repel their fleet easi...(static)."

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by silvaril » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:14 am

Heya

The Vahl wrote:I hate to ask a question if has already been asked elsewhere, but I can't find it in the forum. Will the basic AI techs (Predictive Gunnery for example) trigger the Rebellion, or only the techs that have Artificial Intelligence or Ai in there name potentially cause it? BTW, great feature in the game!

Anything below the AI level is an Expert System, and incapable of Rebellion.

However it should be noted that even AI Slaves is capable of triggering a Rebellion, so it is not just those techs providing an immediate benefit.
silvaril wrote:Love is Love, God is God and I am still Living a Lifetime

Disclaimer:
The views of any individual may not necessarily represent those of "God"(tm)

Zweistein

Post by Zweistein » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:54 pm

One question here, after reading thrugh this topic: Does preemtively researching AI virus still lock you out of the AI tech bonuses? If so I have shot myself in the foot without knowing it and have somehow managed to get to the 1st place income wise by limping. Good job me :P
We will sing their nightmares to them.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:48 pm

I thought you only lose the AI bonus after researching Virus preemptively if you get a rebellion and the virus triggers, e.g. because you met someone else's AI rebellion. But I haven't tested this.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Return to “The Tech”