Is AI rebellion a random Event

Research and Development in the SotS universe.
Magus

Post by Magus » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:40 pm

They have their own, its a black/grey box with a red eye that just begs to say "I can't let you do that Dave."

Jandor

Post by Jandor » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:26 am

neat little polished touches like that warm my heart.

Cynic

Post by Cynic » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:13 pm

I can confirm that having the AI virus researched does not prevent the AI from revolting, it just squashes the rebellion instantly. Never should have researched thems AI factories.

Quick question though, do you regain the AI bonii if you research AI slaves after having killed off a rebellion with AI virus?

cathexis
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by cathexis » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:00 am

AI slaves does one thing only, and that is reinstate AI bonuses and reenable the AI command section.
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed.
The lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning.
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

forsaken1111

Post by forsaken1111 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:12 am

I've recently learned from Mecron that if you have AI tech and someone ELSE has an AI revolt, there is a decent chance that you will have one too as a result even if you're not researching AI tech at that time.

patton1942

Post by patton1942 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:43 am

Here's my question, I have AI command sections on alot of ships using neutronium rounds.

AI player gets the "AI Rebellion" and my AI joins up. Those ships go over to the AI Rebellion? If not, and I use AI virus, do they loose their bonus?

I'm assuming the answer is "YES" to both counts, anybody know for sure?
Mecron on Rebellions: "hell no, we won't go!" becomes "Holy crap! We don't wanna glow!"
Here be pirates

dark trooper
Zuul Survivor
Zuul Survivor

Post by dark trooper » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:01 pm

i only know that yes your ships and all of your AI have a chance to join the other rebellion maybe even taking some of your worlds with them. not sure about the bonuses but i would guess yes.
Enter the Frytrix.

shadow-nova

Post by shadow-nova » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:30 am

well this might just be odd streak of luck but i been trying out the ai techs and i noticed that when i start with AI fire control and then research AI factories and save AI administration last and no boosting it doesnt seem to rebel although there is a possibility of dump luck but did that 3 times once with hivers and twice with liir and but almost allways when ive done some other order they rebel quite often. well i guess that AI gets used to the idea that it works for me by the time i get to AI administration if some one else try it that way and play few hundres turns or so and the ai doesnt rebel when in that order please tell me so i can throw that theory out of the window
if it doesn't work hit it with a hammer, repeat if necessary with bigger hammer.
twitter: @shadowshian DA: http://www.shadow-nova.deviantart.com
to who ever manages the @solforce tweet sorry about buggin you so much :)

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:05 pm

you can throw it :wink: Different AI techs have different chances of rebellion but the order you do them does not affect it. You have merely found a pattern that pleases the Mad Gods of Luck!

shadow-nova

Post by shadow-nova » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:52 am

lucky me. just went suspicious since usually 1 is lucky 2 random change 3 is a pattern
if it doesn't work hit it with a hammer, repeat if necessary with bigger hammer.
twitter: @shadowshian DA: http://www.shadow-nova.deviantart.com
to who ever manages the @solforce tweet sorry about buggin you so much :)

Unkn0wnx

Re: Is AI rebellion a random Event

Post by Unkn0wnx » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:37 pm

If other player researched AI virus but didn't get AI Slave, is there a way to trigger a rebellion (so I can beat him down)? When not researching AI is there a small chance of rebellion each turn? There were times when I have researched AI and never get a rebellion for hundreds of turns. Other times it just rebelled for no apparent reason. Maybe another player researching AI techs.

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

*chuckle*

Post by silvaril » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:20 pm

Heya

AI Rebellion only occurs natively during research.

An existing AI Rebellion elsewhere in the game can trigger a Rebellion on encountering your AIs.

Be aware that the PuppetMaster Grand Menace leaves "Rebel" AI colonies in it's wake, which may thus trigger Rebellions in your AIs as a result.
silvaril wrote:Love is Love, God is God and I am still Living a Lifetime

Disclaimer:
The views of any individual may not necessarily represent those of "God"(tm)

Unkn0wnx

Post by Unkn0wnx » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:20 pm

Thanks.

LordD

Post by LordD » Tue May 08, 2012 2:00 pm

Noticed wierd behaviour with some AI rebellions mainly in that they abandon their worlds seen it happen in two games, has anyone seen this behaviour. The only thing that seems to explain this is half the time i see this behaviour they try to send ships to other parts of the galaxy, especially as they are under attack from 3 Empires at the one time.
The empire of Lord D has arisen run or be destroyed.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue May 08, 2012 9:44 pm

it means the owner of the rebellion has AI Virus or Slaves.

Return to “The Tech”