How do you deal with AI rebellions?

Research and Development in the SotS universe.
amundy14

Post by amundy14 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:00 am

I've encountered an AI rebellion and am wondering how to deal with it. I know that the AI virus will stop it, but I've heard that the virus also takes out all AI techs, making the whole endeavor useless. Is there a way to stop the AI, and retain the techs, short of the virus?
Timeo non mortem

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by silvaril » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:46 am

Heya

Once the AI Rebellion has taken hold, you've already lost the advantages once given by the AI techs.

They can be regained by taking a leaf out of the Zuul playbook, and researching AI Slaves, if the sadorandomiser has granted it unto thee.

With regards to the AI Virus, the wiki states:
SotS Wiki wrote:It kills the original colonies that rebelled and harms a percentage of any AI ships you encounter in combat. Sometimes this technology may be unlocked prior to the AI rebelling, in which case it can be safely researched and will act as a failsafe should an AI rebellion occur with any of the other AI technologies, or should an AI rebellion from another player spread to your empire.

As for putting down an existing AI Rebellion, lots of ships, fast.
All AI Rebel ships are capable of Colonising any empty world they find or make.
AI Rebel Empires gain the full effect of the AI Techs, so each Colony is a powerhouse.
Every AI Rebel ship has an AI Command Section, itself having also replaced the usual Crew bits with Deep Scan stuffs instead.
And they start with the Tech Base of the Empire that they splintered from...
silvaril wrote:Love is Love, God is God and I am still Living a Lifetime

Disclaimer:
The views of any individual may not necessarily represent those of "God"(tm)

amundy14

Re: How do you deal with AI rebellions?

Post by amundy14 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:40 am

I wince, they're a lot nastier than I thought.
Timeo non mortem

Goomich

Post by Goomich » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:17 am

Yes, in my first plays AI rebellions were the most terryfing, but also most gratyfing (if I won) events in game.

amundy14

Post by amundy14 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:16 pm

Actually, I'd still reserve most terrifying for the Puppet Master. My fleets are usually energy-based so when it comes most of my fleet is useless.
Timeo non mortem

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:37 pm

are you really actually in kenya?

amundy14

Post by amundy14 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:59 pm

Mecron wrote:are you really actually in kenya?

Yes, I am.
Timeo non mortem

amundy14

Post by amundy14 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:59 pm

Another question with AI rebellions. I just saw a very odd ship section on an AI vessel, never seen it before. It looks a little bit like a human barrage (I'm playing as human), but there are no heavy lasers and there are 3 large turrets. Any idea what this is?
Timeo non mortem

Starknight

Post by Starknight » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:04 pm

amundy14 wrote:Another question with AI rebellions. I just saw a very odd ship section on an AI vessel, never seen it before. It looks a little bit like a human barrage (I'm playing as human), but there are no heavy lasers and there are 3 large turrets. Any idea what this is?

Sounds like a War section.

EDIT: You need to research the first level of Zuul Xenotech to get them normally.
My Morrigi fleet-speed calculator for SotS Prime
The Holy Lands - Hivers vs. the infidel Liir (and others)
Currently working on getting my board game Dragon Raiders into final condition before going to Kickstarter...

drivebymessiah

Post by drivebymessiah » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:47 pm

In my last attempt at a MP game an AI rebellion splintered off a Liir empire around turn 50 (best estimate).

The match was pretty much toast.

neotask

Post by neotask » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:14 pm

Hi. Kind of to the topic... I have AI rebellion problem. I have no access to AI virus and AI just spams the ships at an incredible rate. At the moment it looks like resistance is futile as three-player alliance is loosing badly to this... menace. Question is... if another player would research AI virus, will it stop the rebellion? If it is an ally? What more can be done at this point? The worst part is that I was way ahead of everyone with techs when that happened...

fredNN

Post by fredNN » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:48 am

I have AI rebellion problem

Attack AI planet, attack next planet... Not stay on one planet to lose fleet. This way AI will chase your fleet, not attack your planet.

"As for putting down an existing AI Rebellion, lots of ships, fast."
This.
But not only fast. YESTERDAY.
Try destroy AI planet, weak planet first. Have many fleet trying this, so AI will defend, not attack you.
You are safe when AI rebellion has 1 planet for your 10 and can not grow. Then you can keep it to get tech you do not have (with Special Project).

Return to “The Tech”