Industrial Technologies

Research and Development in the SotS universe.
Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:28 am

production is based mostly on resourcse base. Notice that worlds with low resource bases have low production points.

Karatta

Post by Karatta » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:24 pm

Baldrick wrote:on a related note, whats the higher industrial output you guys have ever had on a planet? (please say full game or demo)

37962 IO, mined about 20 moon-like worlds for that many resources over 70 turns. Full game. About 100 star galaxy, and 3 races (including me).

I can pump out 1 and a half Dreadnaughts a turn :) its fun.

Quester

Re: Industrial Technologies

Post by Quester » Sun May 18, 2008 3:11 pm

The Hardened Structures Tech, do you state which of your colonies get the tech or is it applied to all your colonies at once and can you turn it off later if yes? The reason I ask is becouse if I get the tech late I might have a large buffer between the frontlines and my homeworld. Therefore I don't want my homeworld to lose 10% of it's industrial capacity, compared to a world that is on the frontlines and constantly being attacked I am willing to lose a little IO to keep from haveing to rebuild from scratch.
Last edited by Quester on Sun May 18, 2008 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

erdrik

Post by erdrik » Sun May 18, 2008 3:27 pm

Its effects are empire wide and permanent.

Muzzy

Re:

Post by Muzzy » Mon May 19, 2008 5:20 am

Karatta wrote:
Baldrick wrote:on a related note, whats the higher industrial output you guys have ever had on a planet? (please say full game or demo)

37962 IO, mined about 20 moon-like worlds for that many resources over 70 turns. Full game. About 100 star galaxy, and 3 races (including me).

I can pump out 1 and a half Dreadnaughts a turn :) its fun.

When you get into six digits it really gets crazy.

Verbreiten Sie bösartig Glee

Harvenger

Post by Harvenger » Mon May 19, 2008 4:34 pm

If you want to add a little spice, just adjust the blastoids (meteors random encounter) resources added atribute or resources added if colony destroyed attribute and you can get some truely outrageous resources that just happen randomly (but you have to let them hit your colony I think). I usually only set it to get 500 to 2000 extra and its a great surprise when it happens. :P

why so high?
A. Meteors can have unique elements and saves me the trouble of importing from space.

B. All the Wreckage from the impact to recycle!! :thumbsup:
THE POWER OF ONE

One life, One mind, One Dream

In our minds eye we are only limited by what we can't imagine.

Arcosian

Post by Arcosian » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:22 am

So .... how about that Industrial armour tech?
What ... you didn't know?!one!

(Sorry couldnt resist a little self-referential humour- disregard this post)

kdonovan

Post by kdonovan » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:34 am

How does the Modular Construction economic bonus work?. I researched it once and noticed that the income and IO of one of my colonies was identical before and after as well as the trade income per trade route.

Is there a global bonus applied to income at the empire level that never shows up in the individual planet/trade route stats?

If so which types of income does it affect? Planet only, trade only, both, something else?

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:48 pm

My understanding is that it only affects tax income from civilian planetary populations. But I haven't tested it closely.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:26 am

As to the fusion versus gamma missiles redundancy question earlier, although one does replace the other only gamma and shaped warheads can have a link to heavy planet missiles so you will probably want them.

I love asteroid mining and mega strip mining. Picking a system bone dry before something ponderous like say a hiver expansion fleet gets there is always fun.

Kimori

Post by Kimori » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:41 pm

Incomptinence wrote:I love asteroid mining and mega strip mining. Picking a system bone dry before something ponderous like say a hiver expansion fleet gets there is always fun.

I love them AS the hivers. Eating all those Prohibitive rocks in order to create a stupidly huge industrial base on your homeworld is fun; coupled with gate tech, it doesn't matter how far from home your frontline is.

Return to “The Tech”