Warhead Weapon Technologies

Research and Development in the SotS universe.
Starknight

Re: Warhead Weapon Technologies

Post by Starknight » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 pm

ZedF wrote:The split missiles tech is MWM missiles. Independents always get it for free, empires have to research it.

If the CH is already over 1000 to you, then you won't be able to settle it even if the satellite is destroyed because the Indys won't surrender to you due to environmental concerns. You will need to back off and wait for them to terraform the planet themselves down to something you can colonize.

As far as the remaining satellite goes, you can split your forces and go around both directions and see if it's closer one way than the other... or else get faster ships to do the job. Generally, as Tarka and without researching speed improvement techs, HH/armour cruisers will be your fastest ships.

Or just auto-resolve... although if it's an Independent now, that would wipe them out.

If they've only got one sat, it'll start directly in front of you. Follow it around the planet; you should be fast enough to catch it. Trying to go counterorbit will cost you all of your existing time and you won't be able to destroy it, most likely. Set your weapons to 'Only fire on my target' to avoid damaging the world, then change from 'Fighting' to 'Peace' once the sat is down and the combat should end without too much damage from planet missiles.

And yes, the 'splitting missiles' are Multi-warhead Missiles, which as Zed said, Independents get automatically. They also have Heavy Planet Missiles.
My Morrigi fleet-speed calculator for SotS Prime
The Holy Lands - Hivers vs. the infidel Liir (and others)
Currently working on getting my board game Dragon Raiders into final condition before going to Kickstarter...

ConjurerDragon

Re: Warhead Weapon Technologies

Post by ConjurerDragon » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:07 pm

ZedF wrote:The split missiles tech is MWM missiles. Independents always get it for free, empires have to research it.

Ah - didn´t know that.

If the CH is already over 1000 to you, then you won't be able to settle it even if the satellite is destroyed because the Indys won't surrender to you due to environmental concerns. You will need to back off and wait for them to terraform the planet themselves down to something you can colonize.

Which is what happened now - they are defenceless but I can´t colonize the independent colony as the hazard rating is to high. So I just have to wait a lot of turns until they have lowered the CH until I finally can conquer them - and only then finish the scenario... :shock:

As far as the remaining satellite goes, you can split your forces and go around both directions and see if it's closer one way than the other... or else get faster ships to do the job. Generally, as Tarka and without researching speed improvement techs, HH/armour cruisers will be your fastest ships.

I did follow your advice and found the satellite more to the left side of the planet so I had still plenty of time to eliminate it.
Thankyou.

Return to “The Tech”