Re: Momentum

Post by Mecron » Sun May 27, 2018 12:32 am

ask more questions? :twisted:

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Sun May 27, 2018 1:08 am

OK fine!

Is the setting the same as the Pit?

Will there be various classes to choose from?

Will it be a roguelike? Random generated levels?

Will there be crafting?

Will there be Destructible Environments?

Will there be outdoor levels as well?

Possibly vehicles?

OK...rattled off a few off the top of my head.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun May 27, 2018 1:25 am

yes, yes, yes, same as original, yes, in a way

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Sun May 27, 2018 2:15 am

Thanks muchly for the answers! I'm now anxiously looking for a way to fast forward time so I can get my hands on it! :googly:

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon May 28, 2018 7:51 pm

Ok folks, we are almost there but its no time to relax. Keep trying out there people. Go to your fave game stores and point out the campaign to them and the retailer deals.

Ludovsky

Post by Ludovsky » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:50 pm

Thanks for the suggestion of contacting stores! I might have to try l'Imaginaire in Quebec city but I know thatthey're big enough it might be tricky to figure out the best way to contact them... And actually convince them. If I recall correctly, just in term of floor space the original store in Ste-Foy/Quebec city is one of the biggest of it's kind in eastern Canada. And the place has been big enough that they've even begun opening new stores too.

This said that could be that much more *great* if they *would* decide to distribute something like The Pit.

For references, this is the place I'm talking about: https://imaginaire.com/en/?SID=jl55q3fu ... reln2q4he7

They used to have a single space at the Laurier shopping mall, but since then have grown so much that when the pet shop that used to be underneath their shop on the floor below them closed down.... They eventually purchased it back and expanded their store into it's space while actually building a set of stairs to connect both colors together... With a new "middle floor" where they both sell trading card games and house competitions of them there. And since then they have started opening new stores in Levis and some other cities iirc.

They may well think they've got more than enough merchandise to show interest, but if interested this may be a super great win. People cross the bridges over the Saint-Lawrence river from the south side just to get their hobby gaming or comics fix there. Board games, rpgs, European/American/Asian comics, sport shirts or anything collectible or hobby related.... They will have it. Even costumes for LARPs.
Video games may well be the *only* thing they don't directly sell even if they will have wares and collectibles based on video games franchises.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:13 pm

talking to game stores works best at the local level with stores you have a personal relationship with. Although sometimes that can be disappointing.

Ludovsky

Post by Ludovsky » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:24 am

That's my big worry, really. Though with where I live... I might as well say that Quebec's city is the closest thing I have to a local store even if I have to go on the higheway cross the Quebec or Laporte bridges to get there. There just isn't anything much south of the St-Lawrence in my area).

Especially since l'imaginaire grew from being a single independent store to becoming it's own franchise I don't even know how easy at all it might be to contact the likes of the owner. It was one thing when you were almost guaranteed to meet him back it was just the one store.

But now they're in Levis too and I think even opened a third location somewhere else. In a way their success has actually managed to cause other stores of the like to simply fade away over time. I recall when Dongeon L'Augure was a franchise with multiple small store but as L'Imaginaire became this massive and better stocked location over time... I'm not even sure if Le Dongeon still exists at all even as a single store.

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:51 pm

So are we still kickstarting the The Pit of Doom this month?

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:50 pm

Where did you read that was a thing this month?
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:44 pm

This month we are kickstarting CONTROL!

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:53 pm

Must have misread no idea where I got that...

Return to “The Pit Boardgame”