KickStarter (February 2018)

Moderator: Erinys

Mecron
Kerberos

KickStarter (February 2018)

Post by Mecron » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:14 pm

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ke ... board-game

Please join us and pass the link around to everywhere you can think gamers might hang out!!

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Re: KickStarter is LIVE!!!

Post by zanzibar196 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:20 pm

...and pledged! :)
Link to current kicktraq

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:08 pm

thanks zanz! Spread the word!

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:18 pm

$45 to ship to Australia. That's... quite a bit.

Due to that, going to have to wait and see what my finances are like next week since the lower tiers (such as the early bird) becomes a lot less valuable due to shipping being a large percentage of the cost.

Will you offer a version with pre-painted figures or is that not possible?
Sword of the Stars 2 : Project Hiver - work in progress
Sword of the Stars 2 : Vanilla AI Enhancement Mod - Alpha Version 6 now Available.
Creator of the upcoming Seimei universe.

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:00 pm

Rossinna-Sama wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:18 pm
$45 to ship to Australia. That's... quite a bit.

Due to that, going to have to wait and see what my finances are like next week since the lower tiers (such as the early bird) becomes a lot less valuable due to shipping being a large percentage of the cost.

Will you offer a version with pre-painted figures or is that not possible?

I'm pretty sure you will have to paint them yourself. Also, keep in mind prices are in Canadian currency, which, according to google, is about the same as an Australian dollar... so never mind where I was gonna go with that. Gotta love the buying power of USD. For the powersuit version, I'm paying $108 and some change (including $25 canadian shipping cost), which I think is fully worth it given the work and effort Kerberos has put into this project (based on pre-release play testing video footage).

Oh, and btw... congrats to Kerberos for hitting over 20% of goal in just two days! :D

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:23 am

Yes, congrats kerb, you're doing quite good already! I'll be backing it this Tuesday coming up.

----
Zanzibar, I'm not saying the lower tiers are not value for money - they are considering the large amount of stuff on offer.
Its just hard to personally justify doing a $75 tier when the shipping is $45. I know that is not kerbs fault, but the shipping compared to the product price ratio is making me lean heavily to a higher tier so the percentage spent on shipping vs the product itself isn't so high.

Just explaining my position is all; I'm not complaining at kerb or anyone else since I know shipping overseas is not cheap.
Sword of the Stars 2 : Vanilla AI Enhancement Mod - Alpha Version 6 now Available.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:10 pm

RS, yes you should have seen the look on our faces when we saw the Aus/NZ shipping numbers! On the positive side though we are constantly looking for distrubution partners that will reduce that. If not for this game then the next.

And yes, the game ships with unpainted figs, (mass painting requires things we are not comfy with, tbh) but tell you what...in recognition of all the support you have given in the past, if we meet our goal, I will happily paint you up a player set and send it to you as a thank you. Ok? :D

(though if you look at the pictures of the painted figs closely you will see it may not be a great of a thank you as you hoped. I am pretty terrible :P )

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:18 pm

https://gaming.youtube.com/EPNtv

Chris stewart will be playing the board game live at 1pm Vancouver time. If you miss it then please watch it later from their archive.

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:06 pm

Well my pledge went through just now. Opted not to get a reward since shipping here would likely not be pretty.

Let's hope this one clears its goals!
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:02 pm

fingers crossed, keep trying to spread the word to every boardgamer you know!

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:23 pm

I have to say, the prototype shown on the video you linked before is looking really nice. You mentioned you may be selling figurines seperate, are you able to elaborate more on that or is that something that has to wait until the KS is over?

Have to say though that I was kinda disappointed over how short the segment was compared to what else was on the video. Is there any chance someone like TotalBiscuit would do a sitdown video with you?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:15 pm

If you scroll all the way down you will see the first couple of buy in boxes of figs. More will be unlocked should the KS reach various goals.

And there are other vids on the way including some walkthroughs. We will be twitching more gameplay tuesday night as well.

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:32 am

Hey Mecron,

I dropped a line to Arstechnica.com about the game and kickstarter but maybe it would be more impacting if you contacted them to see if they would do a piece on the game and/or your studio. They have a board gaming featurette every so often.

Hope that helps somehow.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:11 pm

thanks slash and to be honest fan notes = readers...studio requests = asking for a favour;)

cuquito

Post by cuquito » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:12 pm

Hey guys ! long time since i posted !

YOU HAD ME AT CUTE MINIS!

cant wait to get these beauties and paint em :P. Gl with the kickstarter.
Encountersuitic Pelvic Thrust...... 96% of sheridan, kosh talks .......

Return to “The Pit Boardgame”