Final Phase!

Talk about all things to do with the roguelike FPS.
Mecron
Kerberos

Final Phase!

Post by Mecron » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:20 pm

Just letting you guys know that we have put out the third and final update containing biomes and the final floor. And we will be spending the next couple weeks tweaking, polishing and adding small bits and pieces before going final. So hop back in if you want to show some support and get in some last minute input!

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: Final Phase!

Post by Mecron » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:21 am

Seriously folks! Last minute to get your opinions in!

Space Voyager

Post by Space Voyager » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:04 am

I've played the game for several hours and I have to say that in general I like it! I've only come past the Jungle level but still.

What I'd love most is a much more useful and most of all, Rogue-like crafting system. From SotS-dex I'm assuming you're aiming for a Rogue-lite again, which is not my preference, as I've stated at The Pit, too.

As is I've only completed a single message from several playthroughs and have gotten nothing useful. I guess I'm just not the most patient guy but really, knowing I have practically zero chance of finishing the game doesn't incite me to play. I don't mind me not being good enough, that is sadly a common problem with me playing games. Knowing the game won't let me win is a different matter.

I think the game has seen quite an evolution from the beginning and is only getting better and better. No crashes lately.

EDIT: The fact that local residents can freely open (locked!) doors is weird and a bit bothersome. You are constantly attacked by wondering monsters while opening chests etc.. Also traps and electric arcs only work on the player. I'd love using the environment.
ErinysSolForce Intelligence has great difficulty penetrating Liir society to that depth, for obvious reasons. fibioLack of scuba gear?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:27 pm

the any ol monster thing opening the doors is fixed in the next update. As for using the environment....what you probably wouldn't love is playing and empty level with a pile of dead monsters in front of every shorting cable ;)

Space Voyager

Post by Space Voyager » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:57 am

Mecron wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:27 pm
the any ol monster thing opening the doors is fixed in the next update. As for using the environment....what you probably wouldn't love is playing and empty level with a pile of dead monsters in front of every shorting cable ;)
Hmmm, you underestimate my laziness! :D True, that makes a lot of sense, he he he!

Traps could still be useful though, but no big deal.

Anyway, I hope I stick with the game long enough to see the end, it is really fun wondering first-person inside SotS world. I'll play engineer some more, hoping to get enough deciphered to get me further.

Oh, BTW, R C Special. Sometimes I open a locker and find like 6 of these. Equippable as armour (looks like a plastic equipment box), 4x4 item. Probably a bug to find so many.

Is destroying items going to yield ingredients in the final game? Perhaps it already does and I just haven't noticed.
ErinysSolForce Intelligence has great difficulty penetrating Liir society to that depth, for obvious reasons. fibioLack of scuba gear?

Return to “The Pit: Infinity General Discussion”