A few minor bugs

For when things go Willy Wonky, and it's NOT your fault.
Tetsuya

A few minor bugs

Post by Tetsuya » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:03 pm

Greetings! When playing The Pit: Infinity today, i found a few bugs, thought i should report them!

I think both are related to the speed door traps. After walking through one and having higher speed for a while, i had my audio glitch out when running, i think it basically way replaying the sound of making a step and spammed it at me like three or four times per second, and i don't think that i've been running that fast :P

Second bug was, i have not yet tested this without the extra speed from a door trap, but when i got sped up and ran through a hallway, i accidently ran against a big pipe, and basically just ran through it. It seems like this will not work from every angle, but i feel like i should not be able to run through objects.

I'll be trying to keep track of the bugs i encounter and provide screenshots if possible, and will edit the new bugs i come across!

EDIT: I have just encountered an enemy stuck in a wall, i think it was a bat that i seen for a short moment and the map shows me it's still there. Made a screenshot and attatched it to the post.

EDIT2: Got another example, Tarka stuck in the ground,it won't do anything and can't move, but i can knife it if i want to (won't though,that's just mean :P ) Added another Screenshot

EDIT3: I have encountered a few enemies who are appearently aiming and shooting at the ground, and not me, it seems to be mostly the hiver warriors. Added a screenshot of a hiver commander appearently wielding no gun, and a laser beam shooting out of nowhere at the ground below him.

EDIT4: When loading a game i just instantly fell through the floor, providing a screenshot is basically pointless so i won't, but saving and reloading didn't help, had to restart with a new character.

EDIT5: When entering a level through a hole rather than elevator or hatch/ladder, i do not appear to be able to climb up the hole again. Unfortunately a floor was generated that requires me to "climb up" a pit to reach the next floor, after trying for a while,jumping and pressing E i do not seem to be able to reach the next floor unfortunately.

EDIT6: I have gotten further into the game and started experiencing performance issues, mostly FPS drops, but when exiting the current level the game froze and i could not get it to unfreeze, i could not even open the taskmanager, the entire computer just locked and i had to restart it. I think the issue may only appear when running the game for at least two to three hours straight without a break.

EDIT7: I died. I count that as a bug as i literally just dropped dead, there were no enemies nearby,health and food meter were not at 0 and nothing else happened, i took a step and died, so i just assume the character stubbed his toe and died from the immense amounts of pain? :awesome: A screenshot will be added to prove health and food were not at 0, no disease etc were involved, i just randomly dropped dead.

Tetsuya

Re: A few minor bugs

Post by Tetsuya » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:55 pm

Have to make a second post as i can't seem to upload more than three screenshots.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:49 pm

thanks for the reports

You are not supposed to be able to climb back up a hole. Your report seems confused at this point as there should have been an exit from the floor you fell down to unless the bug you are trying to express was that there was no floor exit?

and the sped up foot step sounds are a known issue.

Tetsuya

Post by Tetsuya » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:53 pm

Sorry if the post seems confusing, if there's any questions i can try to clarify, english is not my native language so there may be a bit if a language barrier at times, but i can try to elaborate :)

If you are not supposed to be able to go up a hole again, it is simply a level generation thing. I'll try to give an example of what i experienced.

I am on floor 5, the exit leading to floor 6 is a hole, i jump down the hole and go to level 6, everything's fine so far.
Now i spawn on floor 6, next to another hole, which i can jump into, to get to level 5 again, basically jumping down a hole to go one floor up, which does not make sense, but at least works.

But if i try to leave floor 6 and go to floor 7 now, i instead find a hole, not one to jump down to reach 7, but instead the bottom end of a pit basically, which i would have to climb up in order to reach floor 7, which would also make no sense, but since holes are one way, that kinda softlocks me in the game. I experienced this level layout three times so far over the past few days, and every time it is the end of a run as i cannot progress the game anymore.

So in short, a hole is made of two parts, A can be used to enter a new level, B cannot, i've had the a B part generated as only way to enter the next level.

Hope that helped clarify the problem :D

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:31 pm

ah ok the second hole going back up is a known bug. Thanks for taking the time to clarify.

Tetsuya

Post by Tetsuya » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:25 pm

When jumping over a table in the cafeteria, i stepped on one of the dinner trays and glitched into the table leaving me unable to get back out, is this a known bug?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:47 am

clutter jumping problems is a known issue, yes.

Tetsuya

Post by Tetsuya » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:20 am

Should i keep trying to report bugs here? It seems most are already reported :lol:

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:15 pm

its best to read the top 15 or so on steam and then if you feel you have something unique, especially a crash, then please post here.

Tetsuya

Post by Tetsuya » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:57 am

Okay, so i checked on on the last ~15 reports on the steam forum and couldn't find any reports on this, it's a minor bug but i figure i'd report it nonetheless.

A blocked elevator is shown as way down, which is obviously wrong as i can't exit the floor that way. Going to add a screenshot and hope this has not been reported yet! If this has been reported before i apologize and will stop trying to report bugs, appearently there's enough people doing so then :P

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:19 pm

good find!

Return to “Technical Support / Bug Reports”