MP networking issues

For when things go Willy Wonky, and it's NOT your fault.
Nett_Ben

MP networking issues

Post by Nett_Ben » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:45 pm

Hi guys,

I'm not sure what the most useful way to gather data here is, but I was trying out multiplayer with a friend today and we ran into quite a lot of networking issues.

First problem was connecting: I tried joining his game and we got stuck in what felt like an infinite "joining" loop. I couldn't find any way to back out, so I killed the game with Alt+F4. I then loaded it up again and was able to connect on the 2nd attempt.

When loading into the level, I fell through the floor. It also took quite a surprisingly long time for the HUD to initialise properly.

Then there was the... lag? It was weird, but that's the best way I can describe it. Things seemed smooth most of the time, then suddenly I'd try to activate a door or a fridge or something and it just wouldn't do anything. Then after a surprisingly long time (10-20 seconds, maybe?) I'd teleport back into the corridor. Then I could walk to the correct place and complete that task again.

Finally, I think we experienced a lag spike while moving to a new level. My character spawned in, but was looking slightly downwards. I couldn't move or turn using the mouse, but I *could* jump and switch weapons (and my friend confirmed that he could see me switching weapons). I could aim with right click, but I could not fire my gun with left click.

Now I admit that my internet is not the best, but I'm usually OK playing games like Vermintide. I don't really know how to measure/quantify the issues I'm currently having with The Pit: Infinity, but I'm moderately PC savvy and would be willing to learn some diagnostic tools. Is any of this feedback useful to you guys, and if so, what can I do to provide better data?

Best wishes,

Nett_Ben

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: MP networking issues

Post by Mecron » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:14 am

Seems like one of you was suffering a lot of lag. We will be smoothing this out soon but thanks for the report.

Return to “Technical Support / Bug Reports”