Various issues

For when things go Willy Wonky, and it's NOT your fault.
Gavins

Various issues

Post by Gavins » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:53 pm

A few things I have noticed while playing (nov 5th build):

After floor 16 the enemy density drops noticeably, few, if any, rooms contain non patrolling enemies, security and weapon rooms almost always empty of mechs.

Occasionally items will spawn from containers or enemies and be either invisible or spawn in the floor. You can see the blue line but not the item and can't pick it up. No tool tip visible.

Enemies sometime either spawn in or get stuck in the walls/ceilings, usually around doors or corridor corners.

Changing between pistol and auto-rifle doesn't update the ammo graphic (changing to fists or another weapon first clears it).

Opening a storage pod causes you to get stuck until you jump backwards, at least as a marine.

Toggling the larger map on and off with the 'm' key too quickly causes a crash.

Saving and then reloading causes some walls to dissapear until a level change.

Overall an enjoyable and different way of playing the pit.

fangorn-forrest
Kerberos

Re: Various issues

Post by fangorn-forrest » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:37 pm

Hi!

Thanks for the report! I'll try and go through each thing:
  • While we haven't fully tuned past floor 15, there should still be plenty of Monsters around. Do you recall any other specific rooms that were missing Monsters?
  • Do you recall if the Props and Monsters were consistent in which ones dropped the invisible items?
  • If you happen to have a screenshot of them getting stuck, that'd be a great help in tracking down the issue.
  • We weren't able to recreate this here with the pistol and the auto-rifle, but were able to with the auto-pistol and auto-rifle. Is that what you were encountering?
  • The Storage Pod issue will be fixed for the next update.
  • The minimap toggle bug will be fixed for the next update.
  • Were the missing walls exclusively in the hallways? Do you happen to have a save file on hand that has that bug?
Cheers!
The Assistant Designer

Gavins

Post by Gavins » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:39 am

Ok, I kept a log of encounters whilest exploring Level 22.

Roaming enemies encountered in corridors:

3 Zuul Infants
2 Scavenger bots
1 Corrupted doctor
1 Ghostmaker

Rooms explored:

2 Medical rooms, both empty of enemies
1 Security room, empty
1 Armory, empty
1 Storage room, empty
1 Storage room, 1 Corrupted doctor
1 Barracks room, 1 Sec bot Mk2, 1 Corrupted doctor, 1 Hiver commander
1 Volatiles storage, 1 Sec bot Mk2

Prior to Level 15/16 it was very rare to find a room devoid of enemies.

I think the invisible prop issue has occured 3 times, once from an armour locker, once either a damaged or a normal locker and once from a Hiver Warrior.

Next time I come across an enemy in a wall I will savegame and screenshot. Occasionally a limb or appendage will poke through the wall but generally you can only hear them and see the yellow dot on the minimap.

Apologies, yes it was the auto-pistol and not the pistol that it occured on.

I have a attached a save where the walls are missing. In this case it occured after, saving, quiting PoD to desktop and then opening it back up straight away and loading the save.
SaveGame_sol_marine.zip
I have also noticed that Hiver Warriors and Commanders don't seem to shoot. They will stand off and show their melee animations only.
EDIT - they don't seem to do damage at all, just flail away ineffectively. This applies to Xombie Warriors as well.

I need to find another Corrupted doctor to be sure but I encountered one in a corridor that didn't seem to be able to do any damage to me, showed the attack animation but I took no damage. Possible he just missed repeatedly so I'll try again next time I play and find one.
Last edited by Gavins on Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gavins

Post by Gavins » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:35 am

Invisible prop issue just happened again - drop from a Hiver Warrior. Attached screenshot and save file.
20181116113243_1.jpg
SaveGame_sol_marine.zip
EDIT
-----

Sorry, doesn't look like the save will be much use as the prop had vanished on reload (as had the organic material further up the corridor).

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:20 pm

for now please restrict things to level 15 and lower. Higher than that, the spawns are not set up properly and a variety of issues can occur due to that. We need to lock everything down for 1-15 and then proceed deeper. So consider 16+ to be "off the map" in terms of bug reports. ;)
Thanks!

Gavins

Post by Gavins » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:07 am

Stinger stuck in the wall on level 6
20181121110324_1.jpg
SaveGame_sol_marine.zip

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:15 pm

thanks!

Gavins

Post by Gavins » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:14 am

Whilest wearing the stealth suit as a marine, the actors hands dissapear when facing due N/E/S/W. At least with the knife equiped (left hand only) and auto pistol (both).
20181123153524_1.jpg
20181123153521_1.jpg

Gavins

Post by Gavins » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:52 pm

Still getting invisible items crop up, this time from an ammo crate on floor 12.
20181127154524_1.jpg

Return to “Technical Support / Bug Reports”