Poison mechanics

For when you think life is unfair.
CptWesting

Poison mechanics

Post by CptWesting » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:13 am

Forgive me if I am not getting these mechanics right, but the poison might need some tweaking. I was poisoned with low level poison several times, and the damage was pretty trivial. I know marine has high might, but I could essentially ignore the 3-5 total damage I would take from a low level poison. A level 10 poison, however, instantly killed me. This was 2 stings from the big scorpion. I wonder if maybe the DoT should be increased and the instant kill should be removed. The instant kill added significant tension in the original pit since time only progressed when you did, and DoTs were easy to remove with no time cost, but in the FPS format, it feels as brutal as walking around the corner and seeing a von newman and getting vaporized. Also it feels like there is little chance to use anti-poison items with the current system. Either the poison is so trivial that you ignore it, or you are just dead.

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: Poison mechanics

Post by Mecron » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:00 pm

Agree it needs tuning but you did not get dead from 2 scorpion shots, then can only raise it 2 at a time. Right now poison needs to be tuned to last longer and monster who gift it need to be a bit less good at that. This is one of the many things that take a lot of tuning making the transition from turn based to real time.

CptWesting

Post by CptWesting » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:02 pm

I may have been panicking with a giant scorpion stabbing my face, so I apologize for miscounting. :oops: Its amazing how intense the transition to 3d is...

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:27 pm

lol tell me about it...the other thing that always surprises me now is how different monsters synergize their effects when fighting alongside each other!

Return to “Balancing”