A few suggestions

For when you think life is unfair.
Tetsuya

A few suggestions

Post by Tetsuya » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:56 pm

Greetings! I have recently purchased The Pit: Infinity and been playing for an hour or two so far and first of all, i think it is pretty promising, but in my opinion there's a few things that could be slightly adjusted..

Sword of the Stars: The Pit was definitely a challenging game and i approve of that, but it was turn based, with PI being no longer turn based you have alot less time to plan your actions and may panic, so i feel like in order to keep the majority of people that were playing The Pit for the strategy part of it, there should be a difficulty setting, and especially enemies early into the game should not be too strong, dealing with them is already naturally harder as it is basically being turned from turn based to real time.

Also something i realized, but i do not know if this counts as balancing, on those MK II bots, compared to other noises in the game, i felt the laser firing noises they made when they were hunting me through the entire level were a bit too loud. :googly: I basically felt the urge to take my headset off, and listening to the enemies noises to avoid them or estimate what's around the corner is part of the game, so a little tweaking there wouldn't hurt either in my opinion.

I think that is all i can think of right now, i will keep playing and see if i come across any more things, will probably post them here if i come across more things that i feel need adjustment!

Edit: I encountered a warbot MK I on floor 8, after using a grenade on him, 6 full rifle mags (8 bullets each i think), and a full mag of a laser pistol, i died, i think maybe they should be moved to the last floors rather than the early/mid game? Also, i feel like having those lockers again every 5 floors to be able to stockpile some items would help alot in certain situations, always liked that feature ;)

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: A few suggestions

Post by Mecron » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:49 pm

We are in EA...final balancing and tuning are a final step before release kind of thing ;)

Tetsuya

Re: A few suggestions

Post by Tetsuya » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:47 pm

Aye, just wanted to put my thoughts out there! I'm digging the game so far! :)

Return to “Balancing”