Ordnance ricochet probability calculator

Galactic diplomacy with extreme prejudice.
Iztok

Ordnance ricochet probability calculator

Post by Iztok » Mon May 10, 2010 9:51 am

Hi!
In the attachment is zipped Excel spreadsheet, based on formula in file sots.gob\Data\Combat\ctechvars.txt. It assumes a weapon is firing at a sphere and is hitting it all over its exposed surface. It calculates a probability of penetration for each degree separately, normalizes outcomes and "averages" them into a single number.

Currently it's set for Pulse Phasor firing at Improved Reflective Coating. I don't know if Tarkasian Living Steel also reflects laser fire, so I've set its parameter to 0.

Please also note the calculator assumes uniform "spread" of hits. Weapons with higher accuracy (like Pulse Phasor) will be hitting closer to the centre of the sphere, where penetration prababilities are higher. That's likely why the calculator tells 24% of shots would be reflected, while my experience says it's less than 10%. That, or there's also a non-zero ricochet modifier for bare hull, OR ... I got it all wrong. ;)

BR, Iztok
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Re: Ordnance ricochet probability calculator

Post by ZedF » Mon May 10, 2010 11:22 am

Iztok wrote:I don't know if Tarkasian Living Steel also reflects laser fire, so I've set its parameter to 0.

Tarkasian Living Steel will add 0.1 to all ballistic and laser deflection chances (i.e. all deflection chances.)
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

fredNN

Re: Ordnance ricochet probability calculator

Post by fredNN » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:52 am

Iztok wrote:In the attachment is zipped Excel spreadsheet

Attachment is no more. :(
Has someone this calculator?

Return to “The Weapons”