PD priority targets

Galactic diplomacy with extreme prejudice.
rem

PD priority targets

Post by rem » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:03 pm

Hello everyone.

I have a, well, little problem.
I am playing as human, and its moping up time, so i say lets have some fun.

I get the drone tech and Put on a good DN trio. two drones DN filed in all four slots with Hevy drones armed with Dumbfire Missile racks, and missiles in all medium slots to get the extra range to support the drones. No MIRV , so no joy... alas.
A CnC likewise full of missiles and to top it all of Nanite missiles in all heavy slots of the DN trio.

My thinking before combat: enemy Pd will get swamped first by the drone and dumbfire missiles ( giving my piddly drones a change) and them even more swamped by missiles, letting the Special Warhead surprise of nanites lose itself in the whole mass of warhead and drone orgy.

what happened: every fething nanite missile got eaten by PD as soon as it enters PD coverage! They then proceeded to chew my drones, and then fending of missiles always prioritizing the nanite missiles.

Now, I know that the biowar missiles get a special signature on sensors and their own green marker in battle, but why cant we take full advantage of the MMM tactic by sneaking in through the masses a extra damaging warhead? shouldn't the missile casings be all indistinguishable?

Oh, well, I'll farm the Liir AI fleet for MIRV as I have him locked on five planets. Then I'll try it again.
Or just take dozen DN large fleets and end the game...

But still. I was so looking forward for spamming missiles everywhere and getting higher survivability rates on drones and contact hits for the 'Special' warheads...

dammit. Back to beam and ballistics spam...

Azrael Ultima

Re: PD priority targets

Post by Azrael Ultima » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:41 pm

Do dumbfires even get targeted by PD?

Aside from that, i'd prioritise nanites above regular missiles as well. And it should be fairly easy to distinguish them... if they were sufficiently similar that you couldn't tell them apart at relevant ranges, you could just stuff nanites in regular launchers, i.e. they'd be medium mounts.
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
The zeppelin of bluster Feldman excoriated Freddy with suddenly popped into a cloud of humility. (David Grand, The Disappearing Body, 2002)

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

PD priority targets

Post by ZedF » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:25 pm

Azrael Ultima wrote:Do dumbfires even get targeted by PD?

No, they count as bullets.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

AlanF5

Re: PD priority targets

Post by AlanF5 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:13 pm

Durable torpedoes or numerous mines may suck up more PD fire than missiles of any kind.
Download my zombie outbreak mini-sim: unfortunately, it's not Fort Zombie.

Winner of the "Guess what the zerker discs are an homage to?" race. (The Mandarin's ten rings)

Return to “The Weapons”