Disable small weapons acting as PD

Galactic diplomacy with extreme prejudice.
wuhugm

Disable small weapons acting as PD

Post by wuhugm » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:10 am

Hello, I want to ask something again :D

Is it possible to stop small weapons from engaging projectiles?

I mount bot pulsed phaser and phaser PD, and pulsed phaser is the first to engage projectiles

and I can't bear to watch the pathetic attempt of pulsed phaser to shot them down, most of them miss the target anyway

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by silvaril » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:39 am

Heya

If you switch the Pulse Phaser weapons to "Aim at My Target only", then they will ignore incoming missiles.

Should at least get you past the alpha strike phase, though once you are mixing up close, you might want to remove that restriction to give them more target options.

There is not currently an ignore ordinance option, which while useful in some cases, would include Drones which are also a PD target...
( if the set of ordinance includes anything that a PD weapon can target at present, it will include Drones and Tracking Torpedoes. Some days you want the guns to fire on Torps and Drones. )
silvaril wrote:Love is Love, God is God and I am still Living a Lifetime

Disclaimer:
The views of any individual may not necessarily represent those of "God"(tm)

wuhugm

Re: Disable small weapons acting as PD

Post by wuhugm » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:49 am

Well I guess I'll do as you say

if it ever getting patched again I hope there's a feature to specify target priorities for small weapons :D

usermist2

Re: Disable small weapons acting as PD

Post by usermist2 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:30 am

Small weapons will only act as makeshift PD if you click on the incoming projectile as a target or if they aren't tracking other targets. They are working as the developers and probably the fictional people you're supposed to be leading intended. "Hey Bob, why aren't you targeting that nuclear warhead heading to the bridge?"

Things Go Better With C2H5OH.

Return to “The Weapons”