Weapon Stat Sheet 2.6

Galactic diplomacy with extreme prejudice.
BlueTemplar

Weapon Stat Sheet 2.6

Post by BlueTemplar » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:49 pm

Should have made a separate thread for this sooner... (It was in the main weapon statistics thread before.)

Anyway, a new feature and fixes in 2.6 :
- Fixed D:Clim/Pop values for some weapons.
- Fixed Burster rounds : Mass Driver, not Gauss!
- Added Burst Damage (which doesn't take recharge time into account).

Hosted on my server, since the forum is unreliable now :
http://bluetemplar.free.fr/sots/WeaponS ... %202.6.ods
Last edited by BlueTemplar on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlueTemplar

Re: Weapon Stat Sheet 2.6

Post by BlueTemplar » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:56 pm

Some comments on this spreadsheet from another thread:
That spread sheet seems to have less info than the wiki sadly.

Oh? What info is still missing? I thought I covered pretty much everything...

- It doesn't cover the problem of inaccurate weapons in a tactical battle (weapon spread, slow moving bullets, fixed mount weapons), so it overweights the dps done by mass driver line, railgun, fixed heavy beam weapons, even lasers and AM cannons, compared with the very accurate instantaneous weapons like turreted beam weapons, phasers and emitters. But that isn't an issue at all when you are looking at planetary damage or even Autoresolved battles.

Since this is something that is quite difficult to estimate, and will greatly vary depending on your ships and strategies, I preferred to leave it out entirely. You'll have to use your combat experience to figure out whether the higher DPS is worth the accuracy hit.

- It doesn't give you the population, infrastructure or CH damage per second for different weapons, only damage per shot, so you have to work out damage per second yourself

It does since versions 2.4 and 2.5 : D:Pop/sec, D:Infra/sec, D: Infra/Pop, D: Clim/Pop in addition to the basic info.

- For some of its effective damage per second calculations (Eff Dps 7, 8 and 9) it is using its own weird "turret coefficient" which I think is based on the number of turrets on a Human DN, or something, I never quite figured it out because it says it's a Human CR but it seems to have 18 railguns and 13.5 medium turrets ....

I got a bit carried away there...
I did this because I realized that while having the DPS for each weapon was nice, in a real fleet the turret density plays an important role too. For instance, you can only have up to 5 Large Turrets on a CR (for instance a Morrigi Battle Bridge / War / Antimatter), but you can fit 8 Heavy beams on a Morrigi Assault / Blazer!
So, some weighting is needed to account for that discrepancy, taking into account that besides the Large Turrets / Heavy Beams, those ships carry other weapons too...

Here's my reasoning for the coefficients actually used, if you want to know :
I tried to estimate the density of firepower on a typical human CR.
A human Hammerhead/Armor/Fusion has:
0+5+0=5 small turrets, 3+4+2=9 medium turrets, 0+1+0=1 large turret. Assuming a small turret = 1/2 medium and large = 2 medium, we get 5/2+9+1*2=13.5 medium turrets.
Now, a human Impactor section carries 6 small, 2 medium, 1 large turrets, and 2 Railguns. Leaving aside the Railguns, that's the equivalent of 6/2+2+1*2= 7 medium turrets on the Mission section, while an Armor mission section has the equivalent of 5/2+4+1*2=8.5 medium turrets.
So an Impactor is actually "worth" (8.5-7)/2=0.75 medium turrets! (Yeah, I know, that's stretching the logic a bit thin...) And a Hammerhead/Armor/Fusion is "worth" 13.5/0.75=18 Railguns!

I'm not really sure if that feature can find any use with the coefficients actually used (since having a Railgun worth less than a medium turret is kind of counterintuitive), but feel free to input your own coefficients in the blue fields on sheet 2, and maybe you'll be able to get better estimates...

SilentMoth

Post by SilentMoth » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi BlueTemplar, those were my comments (apart from the first) ... thanks for your answers. :)

I might have a poke about with those turret coefficients at some point in that case. It seems to me that the coefficients need to be race-specific, and also the user should be able to choose between CR-era and DN-era. And I would say forward-firing turrets are of most interest.

BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:41 pm

And Fission/Fusion/AM era too. I doubt you can really nail it down, it's too circumstance-specific...

Maerlyn

Post by Maerlyn » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:49 am

Thats quite funny. I started a similar project some time ago, calculating the DPS of different weapons till i realized: this makes no sense unless I also calculate the different ship types in order to be able to compare f.e. the DPS of a torpedo with a Medium Mass Driver.

So i started to do something similar like you did, weighting the different weaponslots, which let me to the conclusion, that the answers are extremly race specific. at this point I stopped all my calculations considering it was not worth the effort.

But thanx a lot for doing all this work for me, I still quite often refer to my old, unfinished, DPS calculator which will now be exchanged for your much more sophisticated version :twisted:

Maerlyn

BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:56 pm

I'm glad it's useful to you. ;)

Bad213Boy

Post by Bad213Boy » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:24 am

Anyone have a copy of the latest Weapon Stat Sheet? The current download link to dudes forum is dead.

R2dical

Post by R2dical » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:08 pm

I have a copy, but can only unpack that PC in a week or so, maybe BT will stop by before then :)

You can also try my file editors, made for modding but contains the stock data already imported. The .weapon editor has all the data for weapons (like range, damage, etc), if you are familiar with the file format this is a good way to read the data all at once.

Bad213Boy

Post by Bad213Boy » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:22 pm

R2dical wrote:I have a copy, but can only unpack that PC in a week or so, maybe BT will stop by before then :)

You can also try my file editors, made for modding but contains the stock data already imported. The .weapon editor has all the data for weapons (like range, damage, etc), if you are familiar with the file format this is a good way to read the data all at once.

Awesome. Very helpful. Ya modding's my thing too, so I'll figure it out. Thx man.

BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:54 pm

The link pointed to the "SOTS" folder, while it's actually "sots". Fixed.

Return to “The Weapons”