It's weekly update time - as mentioned last week, this week was fleshing things out week, versus focusing on larger systems and a lot got added; the level themes continue to increase, we added a LOT of new feedback, from the soothing computer telling you to eat and stop bleeding to your armor condition displaying properly to highlighting categories of items in your inventory and so much more! and that's just the stuff we added! Lost of fixes and tweaks as usual.
We'll get into this more as well as go over what the week to come will bring in tomorrow's Touchbase Tuesday, but in he meantime, here's the changelog for your perusal.
As always, keep playing, keep feedbacking. If you haven't already, help us help new players discover this game by taking a moment to give us a thumbs up on Steam. Thanks, gang.
- Zoom controls for Mini-Map.
- Desert Tyrant and Sand Stalker added.
- Smilodon added.
- Additional level tile content added.
- Feedback when enemy killed.
- Feedback when weapon is destroyed.
- “Helmet” voice feedback for hunger, health, conditions, and trap detection.
- Med Bay set up.
- Killing Damage numbers display.
- Device List added to repair station.
- Initial Inventory Class Filter (mouse over category icons in Inventory to highlight items).
- Might bonus to inventory
- "Records" Scoreboard
- Data Lists of deciphered messages and unlocked recipes (access thru Menu Screen of the I key).
- Unload ammo removed from energy weapons.
- Updated Purifier / Laser Pistol / Energy Backpack inventory size.
- Grid options moved to Game Options tab.
- Additional feedback info for video settings and reset buttons for video sliders.
- Discovered Trap types saved and displayed
- Disabled movement when crafting / repairing items.
- Retooled Device List.
- Under certain circumstances ammo count was incorrect.
- Armor feedback updates correctly in all situations.
- Range issues with attacking doors addressed.
- Fixed equipment feedback display bug.
- Visible tool-tips on hidden enemies fixed.
- Negative charger cooker exploit fixed.
- Quick slots now block mouse input, leading to accidental moving / attacking.
- Possible invisible mine trap fix (please report is still found).
NOTE: Some traps are under floor dirt and pipes – these don’t count as invisible.
- Repair Station / door lock-out fixed.
- Stat and Skill points properly reload from saves.
- Display icon and camera offset adjustments.
As mentioned last week, our recent focus was on the Monster Manager, so it's not the biggest update.
While it took awhile to get into the game, we appreciate everybody’s patience, and it will have huge benefits moving forward. Currently the Monster Manager has improved the pathfinding of attacking managers, keeping them from stacking up.
In the future it will provide support for additional coordination of Enemy actions, making them more context away. Remember when the Velociraptor learned how to work doors in Jurassic Park? Yeah, it’ll be like that. (We said it would have benefits for the game, not for you specifically. Gonna getcha!)
Next week: Mystery Floor! (initial implementation of special floors)
- Implementation of the monster manager.
- Initial room customization
- New story and recipe messages
- Initial gun reload sounds.
- Multi-threading optimizations to pathfinding,
- Multi-threading optimizations to the mini-map.
- Reduced volume of Enemy Killed sound event.
- Antibiotics loading bug fixed.
- In-game options menu ESC key bug fixed.
Hello one and all!
Our second to last update before we sink into an eggnog stupor!
We took some extra time on this one, in order to get the first special floor in, The Reactor Room (and surrounding rooms). And just to make it challenging, it's radioactively leaky, has a small Spectre problem, and happens to sit right next to a Security Bot repair room. So, you know, good luck.
- Reactor Core floor added.
- Specter class enemies added (Not susceptible to ballistic weaponry).
- Accumulated radiation damage feedback added.
- Current rad count feedback added.
- Unique Floor System implemented.
- Scripted floor generator implemented.
- Added door data tables to scripted rooms.
- Additional light scripting (rooms / floors / tile settings).
- Additional scripted room functionality (flexibility to access data driven content).
- Trigger volume scripting added.
- Below zero Player stat death implemented.
- Special case damage factors for enemies.
- Props blocking Line of Sight has been removed.
(Small props would block visual LOS even though you would clearly be able to have LOS)
- Hall Tile algorithm adjustment to handle additional configurations around doors.
- Additional enemy scripting.
- Idle sound class added to cosmetic prop class.
- Various new sounds added.
- Upgraded AI weapon selection.
- Upgraded AI position selection.
- Dark / dim / blind / tunnel vision visual bug fix.
- AI guard mode bug fix.
- Directional sound bug fix (At last! Fingers crossed.)
So, as mentioned, we're going to take a few days over the holidays to decompress a bit before jumping back into things. But, we wanted to give you a little present, by way of some xmas extras in the game.
Maybe you'll find that holiday message in the computer system. Or maybe you'll discover a room full of Yuletide magic. Either way, we hope you have some ridiculous, goofy fun with it over the holidays, because by new year our little content present goes back into the vault for the year, and it's back to trying to make the game kill you again.
We hope you have some time to relax yourself, have a happy holidays, and as always, tell your friends the game is part of the Steam holiday sale and keep posting your feedback here!
- We put a thing in the game as well as a thing. You'll see what we mean.
Hello, happy new year, and all that!
New year, new build! Over the last few we have been working on some game hangs and crashes, as well as a few fixes, changes and additions based on your feedback, so new year, old request - keep the feedback coming!
Changelog v 1.0.9
- Mecha enemies now “bleed” oil.
- Poison rules have been updated.
- Stats are now capped at 100.
- Christmas bonus floor removed (you had your chance!)
- Loading bug resulting in incorrect hunger and XP fixed.
- Loading bug resulting in changes to the inventory (item positions and equipment expansions ignored eg Utility Belt) have been fixed.
- Broken weapon no longer locks up player.
- Room name tags fixed
- AI moving through doors bug fixed.
So, for the last few weeks we put a lot of time into hunting down and stomping various bugs, including some rare AI conditions that were causing freezes in the game. And we got them! Except we have one great white whale we’re still working to figure what’s going wrong.
To this end, we have made a debug addition to the game. In the event that the game hangs, you can press the ENTER key. The game will generate a log file and a message will appear telling you where to find the log and asking for you to please email it to us. The more times we can get a capture of this elusive situation, the better able we’ll be to eradicate it!
Afterwards, you can reload your game from the last saved file and continue – the chances are slim you’ll manage to recreate the exact conditions again, and you’ll proceed into The Pit as normal and die in the usual horrible ways.
Thank you! We appreciate everybody’s help in this bug hunt!
NOTE: In case anyone needs the address to send saves or logs, it's;
Apologies to everybody for the delay between the new updating going live earlier today and posting the changelog now - the day didn't play out as intended.
Small note, the pop-up text when the game generates an AI log is still in the game (see changelog 1.0.9) - the circumstances that generate it are uncommon, but we're leaving it in for awhile longer (probably until we leave Early Access), just to try and scape out every weird, super-shy bug we can. Thank you again to everybody for mailing these logs to us when you get them!
It's a short list, but covers some big, time consuming changes to the front end of the game, specifically the Main Menu and Character Select screen, which are now much sexier and informative. And sexily informative.
For the coming week, we will be returning to bug fixes and as part of the new year and moving closer and closer to leaving Early Access, we will be making some important additions to the game. Stay tuned for more about those from Mecron.
Changelog v 1.0.10
- Additional data points added to Character Select screen.
- Revisions to Main Menu screen
- Revisions to Character Select screen
- Range bug fixed.
- Inventory reload bug fixed.
- Durability reload bug on handful of items fixed.
- Might Bonus reload bug fixed, now applied properly when reloading.
Hotfix was made to make some XP adjustments, nothing major.
Do not let the size of this changelog fool you. Over the last two weeks a lot of effort went into a single line item with huge implications in the game: The Abilities System.
In short, the Abilities System offers players - randomly, every few levels - a selection of abilities that give them an unexpected, but valuable boost in certain aspects of the game. Healing, shooting, crafting, you name it, can take a big leap forward and give players just a little bit more of an edge as they try and survive to the bottom of The Pit!
But make no mistake, these aren't free rides to victory - as well as infrequent, abilities are random and players must make some hard decisions of what gains to take and what to leave behind, hoping fervently the RNG gods will offer up that one juicy ability later in their run.
You can see abilities and their specific effects on the Character Select screen, but we'll post their description text below. OH YEAH! We completely overhauled the Main Menu and Character Select screens! We didn't talk about it a lot when it went live at the start of the month, but now is a good time. We gave the Main Menu a sexy overhaul and more importantly, we greatly expanded the Character Select screen, giving players much more information about the unique particulars of each character (which now includes Abilities info) before selecting their Raptor and jumping into The Pit.
Curious about those Abilities? Here's a taste of a few of them;
: Chance a melee attack will stun the target.
“You have learned the ancient combat technique of the judo chop to the neck. Your enemies will be stunned.”
: Additional resistance to disease and poison.
“Your immune system has become more powerful after all you have put it through. That which doesn’t kill you, yadda, yadda, yadda...”
: Chance to avoid setting off a trap.
“You have learned to listen for that telltale sound of a trap coming to life, giving you the chance to leap aside before it can activate.”
: Extra penetration to all attacks.
“Nothing is perfect. Even the strongest armor has flaws. And now you can see them all.”
: Bonus to any crafting using a lab table.
“You may not be able to make everything from junk, but you just got a lot closer to proving that you can with the right equipment.”
That is just a small sample of what you'll find in the game, so jump into The Pit and see what new opportunities fate brings your way!
- Abilities system added! In addition to levelling and improving their skills, players will now be randomly given a choice of three Abilities every few floors, which give them advantages in their run into the depths of The Pit.
- Motion sensor functional - Get your hands on one of these items and let your Marine pretend he's a Scout and have a look at what lurks around every corner. For awhile at least.
- Security Station fully functioning - Take a breather from picking locked doors and running from Security Bots, but only if you can work some computer magic. Get it wrong and you could find yourself stunned, hurt, or facing down a host of lethally curious security bots.
- Surveillance Console fully functioning - Stop wandering around wondering what's out there. Hack these consoles and the entire level will be revealed in the mini-map, enemies included!
- Enemy flee movement reduced - You winged 'em and now they're making a run for it, but not at top speed.
- Mini-Map - Visible enemies appear.
- Mini-Map - Tilt removed for improved readability.
- Loading options refactored - Attempting to address resolution changing when loading game map.
- Bed regen issue with status ailments resolved.
- Infinite desk exploit no longer, uh, exploitable.
- AI pathing bug fixed.
- Combat penalty bug fixed.
- Mini-Map scale-to-fit-area bug fixed.
- Map loading issue fixed.
- Missing skill bug fixed.
- Abilities icon UI bug fixed.
- Abilities Icon feedback bug fixed.
- Stun grenade damage changed from Stun With Extreme Prejudice down to just Stun.