Empire of the Noobs - Learning to be Human

Tactics and Action Reports.
Xerxes

Re: Empire of the Noobs - Learning to be Human

Post by Xerxes » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:17 pm

I would love to see it. be funny to see if your play style has changed. wish people still posted TARS on here as often as they used to, i think this is the least active forum, and it was my fave.

marshb

Post by marshb » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:59 am

Xerxes wrote:I would love to see it. be funny to see if your play style has changed. wish people still posted TARS on here as often as they used to, i think this is the least active forum, and it was my fave.

Mine too. haven't heard from Dervy ina long time. :cry:
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

Buatha

Post by Buatha » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:43 am

Xerxes wrote:I would love to see it. be funny to see if your play style has changed. wish people still posted TARS on here as often as they used to, i think this is the least active forum, and it was my fave.

No, it won't change much since if I'm not posting here, I'm not playing the game :wink:

My enemy is time and I'm constantly fighting it. I've never forgotten my TAR, but I feel like I won't do it right unless I have adequate time to write it up and get the images. Now that I'm over Turn 100, I wonder what Grand Menace is going to appear. As pathetic as this sounds, my goal is at least one good turn a week at minimum just to keep it moving. I guess I just needs me some gaming fiber to keep it regular.

Xerxes

Post by Xerxes » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:09 pm

im just impressed you still have the game saved. ive played plenty of games where after a month or two, i cant seem to make myself start in the middle, and i just delete it and start over.

mart0091

Post by mart0091 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:40 pm

Few of the hits here, seem to be the way I play...
... unfortunatley, on some of the multi-player missions (against the swarming AI's...)...
We seem to do well for a while, then swarmed.. a veritable zerg-rush from no-where

Buatha

Post by Buatha » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:41 pm

Turns 107-108

The Zuul continue their retreat into what is left of their empire. Pacem is finally conquered and settled with our waiting colony ships. Unfortunately for our scout ship, the Zuul retreated to W'Kanda and destroyed our hapless Noob. I get the feeling that the Zuul are going to fight us until the end. Grand Leader Buatha starts air-dropping pallets of lint brushes to our new colonists.

After completing the analysis of the avian race's language, we form an alliance with Djutmeos. In attempt to better relate to humans, they create a human-bird hybrid hologram to deal directly with the Noobs

Finally, we mount a two-pronged attack against the Tarkan homeworld. At first, we thought about a peaceful resolution, but then we watched V this week and decided that all lizards must be evil.

marshb

Post by marshb » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:53 pm

Buatha Rides Again! Woot! :thumbsup:
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

White Raven

Post by White Raven » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:24 am

Yay!

and...

Oh man, now I gotta go back and re-read it all!

hehe

--WR
"This landing is gonna get pretty interesting..."
"Define 'Interesting'."

"OH, God, OH, God, we're all going to die?"

Buatha

Post by Buatha » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:57 pm

Okay, kids. I've been trying to get this T.A.R.-ty started again, but I have a few problems:

1) I have the Tarka down to their home planet, but at their full Infrastructure/Population, I'm having a hard time even approaching their planet. Two fleets got wiped out together and I reduced the population, but it didn't seem like much. On average, how much damage should I be doing per turn? Fleet/Weapon Load-Out suggestions are welcome.
2) I think the Hivers are going to kill us all. I haven't been able to approach them without insta-death, but I have to try the multiple-ships-to-their-planets approach.
3) I don't have a strong sense of what technologies to progress which may be a problem for my planetary assaults/Hiver problem. Additionally, if I understand correctly, there may be a Grand Menace out there post-Turn 100. Should I be at Dreadnaught stage yet?

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Empire of the Noobs - Learning to be Human

Post by ZedF » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:41 pm

It's hard to say where you 'ought to be' as it greatly depends on the circumstances of the game. However, dreadnoughts by turn 100 would only happen in a very fast kinda game where you started with lots of expansion room and a big budget to fill it with.

As far as damage to the Tarka goes, again it depends on what weapons you are using and how strong the Tarka defense is. Also, how you tend to play in tactical matters as well -- do you let the computer do the driving or handle it yourself, how much maneuvering you like to do, etc.

Best thing to do is probably just re-read a few TARs and try to get a feel for what the players in those games did and how they were able to do it.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

DervMan

Post by DervMan » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:13 am

marshb wrote:

I'm about, but my new job curtails free time... :noid:

marshb

Post by marshb » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:07 pm

DervMan wrote:
marshb wrote:

I'm about, but my new job curtails free time... :noid:

Doh! this is so late but hope the new job works out for ya! :D

Orison of Sonmi-451

DervMan

Post by DervMan » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:17 pm

Hahah. Well, yes; a very different sector. I work in retail now and it's one of the best jobs in the world. ;)

The_Unificator

Post by The_Unificator » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:23 pm

i really like this AAR, is very interesting, i hope you keep going with it.

the best you can do to finish the Tarka, is get to the dreadnought era and build a DN fleet of 20 ships with the best weapons you have (i highly recommend, lancers, cutting beams and if you can, some plague ships), also try to get quark resonators armor, for ship durability and send it to the tarka planet, with that massive firepower, the enemy wil be defeated.

and for the hivers, until you finish the tarka, try to form a defensive line between your space and the hiver space, later you can launch a full scale assault against them with multiple DN fleets, that will give you the final victory over your enemies :D
An Argentinian SolForce Captain awaiting new orders

brisub

Post by brisub » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:53 pm

I miss the Noobs, too! Good reading and an interesting look at the game for me (I've only had it for a month, so far).
:sots1: Bri

How do I know I'm about to be annihilated? The turn count reaches 250...

Return to “T.A.R.”