RBSotS1 SG7

Tactics and Action Reports.
BTAxis

Re: RBSotS1 SG7

Post by BTAxis » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:04 am

Fairly sure missiles go through disruptors, they don't have an energy component.

Overall, looks like you did a good job getting us out of a pickle, Zalzidrax!

BTAxis

Post by BTAxis » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:36 pm

Summoner wrote:It's too bad BT didn't manually fight at Kao'Vanu; with 2 hiver fleets in the mix as well guessing who was using what from the combat results is almost impossible but a naked eye report of everything the Liir were using would've been worth the loss of some of the the obsolete DEs.

If I'd fought manually, we would have lost the world. The Hivers start pretty far away, and won't start moving until the enemy is within our sensor range. They would have arrived far too late to save the colony. I'm convinced autoresolve was the correct choice there.

Summoner

Post by Summoner » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:24 pm

Zalzidrax wrote:Hmm, well on the defensive side of things, I don't think there's a better time to field disruptor shields than against a Liir A.I. opponent. I've never actually used them myself, though, so I can't vouch for their actual effectiveness. I imagine having a couple disruptor shielded ships in front could be really nice, though.

I've never used them either. They'd be a one turn buy though, so I'm willing to give them a shot.

Summoner

Post by Summoner » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:20 pm

The other question would be; if I get lucky and have DNs break through mid turn, should I immediately start on Armada CNC; go after better weapons: Phasers, Fusion cannon, Heavy MDs; or pick off a cheap econ tech or two?

On that note, I'm considering grabbing modular construction first. It's a 1 turner and the 5% econ boost will be break even over the time needed to get DN+Armada CNC.

Zalzidrax

Post by Zalzidrax » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:13 pm

Sounds like a plan - Armada CnC is probably top priority, but if you can grab an econ tech without slowing it down, that's great. I'm kind of curious as to whether we were lucky enough to roll neutronium rounds, so I'd be tempted to research heavy drivers at some point, too. After CnC, of course.

Summoner

Post by Summoner » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:54 pm

Zalzidrax wrote:Sounds like a plan - Armada CnC is probably top priority, but if you can grab an econ tech without slowing it down, that's great. I'm kind of curious as to whether we were lucky enough to roll neutronium rounds, so I'd be tempted to research heavy drivers at some point, too. After CnC, of course.

That's mostly my thinking. Once econ techs get down to one turn there's very little reason not to get them since most will pay for themselves in a decade or so and research is rarely critical enough that a 1 or 2 turn delay is a disaster.

Summoner

Post by Summoner » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:34 pm

120: Not much going on. Upgrade our strafe and PD destroyer designs to MCL armor. I begin building ferry fleets to support the shipbuilding efforts. For the moment, single gravboats will be good enough for sending ships to Thives in 2 turns instead of 3. For the run between Lekandi and First Fusion I'm going to add a full packet of mixed destroyers to get transit times down to 3 turns.

IT: Nothing

121: Deepscan completed, begin researching Modular construction. Update the current stealth armor ER DE and create a new armored design for combat service if the Liir start throwing cloaked ships at us.

Thives has a 41 ship Tarka fleet incoming, ETA 2 turns. I opt to hold the Biomes in reserve for resettlement instead of using them to push down CH immediately.

IT: Rychopre: Hiver world attacked by 17 light blue Liir. Defended by First Fusion, 11 hiver CRs, and 17 sats. Several ships in the first wave break past the Hiver fleet and begin to bombard the planet before being destroyed, they were all conventionally armed and failed to do any damage. The second wave contained 4 CRs with assimilation plague. Three were killed outside of launch range the 4ths missiles were all intercepted before reaching the planet. The Liir lost 15/17 cruisers, the hivers 1 CR and 1 DE sat, None of our ships were more than scratched.

122: Modular construction goes overbudget. *sigh*

I'm returning first Fusion Fleet to Rizketep to remain centrally located to respond to other threats.

Send pickets out from Rizketep and Kao'Vanu.

IT:

Rychopre: Hivers vs 2 surviving Liir CR.

Thives: All 41 incoming ships are CRs. WIth no hiver support here yet this is worrying. Combat results were poor. THey killed 6 of our CRs for only 5 losses and fragged the planet.

123: Modular construction complete. Begin work on Heavy platforms; ETA 3 turns (with MMing; spend plan is 30/30/40% to minimize wastage if we get a breakthrough).

With 4 lancer CRs incoming the next turn and 3 more the turn after I decide to stick it out one more turn at Thives to see how well our new design works against them.

IT: Battle continues at Thives: Only 35 attacking CR. Apparently this fleet doesn't have any repair ships, since the engineless ship was scuttled. This was probably a mistake. While I did kill 13 enemy CRs I lost 9 of mine in the process. I lost my last CNC about halfway through the fight which probably is to blame for a few of the losses since I was getting badly outnumbered at the end.

124: The survivors from Thives retreat back to Choprekis to rebuild.

IT Ke'Welkor: Red hiver gate fleet assaults against a much larger drak green tarka planet. I watch mostly to see what the tarks are using: Mostly fusion cannon and HCL. Results as expected; the hivers failed to make a single kill.

125: Heavy platforms finish early. Begin sprinting for DNs. With the sprint eating into my budget hard, and reinforcements in route to boost First Fusion to 30 battlecruisers I shut down warship production on that side of my empire. Unless the scouts spreading across the center of the ring spot an incoming fleet, I'll do the same next turn at Kao'Vaanu.

IT: Nothing.

126: All quiet at Kao'Vaanu. Suspend shipbuilding there.

IT. 4 ship red hiver gate fleet splats at Thives. 22 enemy CRs still present; but no colonization has taken place. Gate DE manages to survive the combat.

127: Nothing I could do to assist Red's gate fleet at Thives. Orange has one 7 turns out we might be able to support. Orange also has a gate fleet 2 turns out from Tikala, a size 3 enemy Morrigi world. Defenses appear to be only DEs. Third fleet's back to a dozen battle cruisers + 3 more sortiing from Taosi to join, so I sortie in in support. If it looks like anything major is going to reinforce it, I'll abort. It's only 2 turns from Thives so we can still rush there later.

IT: Red gate at Thives destroyed.

128: The reinforcements being ferried from the homeworld arrive and first Fusion sorties towards Mo'noshu. A size 8 light blue liir world with only 14 CR, 12 DE, and 2 full sat rings for a garrison. I have enough scouts in their space now to detect any sortie to relieve the world. Tikala still looks helpless.

IT: One of my scout DEs got too close to an enemy world and was intercepted.

129: DNs at 51% I back off the research rate from 4 to 8 turns eta. This should let the treasury recover and ship building return to normal.

Purple launches a 28 ship fleet at the smaller (6 ships, 2 DEs) of the fleets I have going to Tikala. It's listed as a 3 turn intercept despite only being 7.8LY away; so I suspect it's almost if not entirely destroyers. No additional defenses spotted at the planet itself.

Mo'noshu doesn't appear to have been reinforced either.

IT: Mo'noshu is up to 20CR so either they slipped in a few reinforcements; or had some ships hiding under cloak. Depending on how things go here we might have to abort. I duck under a pair of handy asteroids to avoid long range fire at the start of the battle.

3 of the 6 ships in the enemy first wave were projectors. I sniped two of their turrets before they got a shot off. The third was only a plasma projector. I only lost a single ship from the first wave; unfortunately it was my CNC and since outnumbering had given me a 7th battlecruiser no replacement entered and I couldn't rotate damaged ships out before the 2nd wave arrived. They arrived strung out and I destroyed 3 including the CNC on the approach. Unfortunately the CNC was the 3rd kill so they still entered at full strength. I chewed this group up thoroughly but suffered several losses in the process. Most of the damage we took came from medium emitters. Unless they reinforce heavily the world's ours.

Tikala: looks just as helpless as expected. The defenders were mostly drone DEs and died futilely. Our total losses were a single CNC. The hivers kept bombarding the planet after the imperials were wiped out and killed the remaining civs. *sigh*

130: Send biomes down to Tikala. Began building more for Thives. Began building replacement ships for first Fusion at Rizketep. With a gravboat, it's a 2 turn hop for 3 battlecruisers, so getting replacements there in time shouldn't be a problem.

Queued freighters in multiple locations. Feel free to swap these out for more combat ships if you feel the need.

Looking ahead:

I'd like to claim my decision not to get disruptor shields was driven my the fact that we were also fighting an all APMD tarka (dark green); but truthfully I just forgot. :)

Third fleet will be almost all fusion except for its non-combatants; we should probably swap them out to boost its speed. Kao'Vanu needs a defensive fleet in case anything sneaks across the opening in the center of the ring under cloak; but it shouldn't need to go anywhere. Sending the old support ships here is probably the best way to get some continued use out of them.

The last of my scouts will need to be stopped before reaching enemy planets. We probably need a few more on the orange hiver side; due to losses in combat ships I didn't build as many as I wanted.

Orange hiver will have a gate at Tikala so that colony should be safe if we uncover it to support their attack on Thives in 4 turns. I've ordered additional biomes to snatch that world out from under the hivers too. Just to be on the safe side though, I only send down 2 of the three Biomes at Tikala so we can resettle if needed.

Currently the only ferry fleet we have it at the homeworld, if our attack fleets move father forward we'll need more; but currently if we send a gravboat along 4 or 5 CR will get to them in two turns so there's no need.

DNs are 7 turns out; feel free to tweak the eta for that.

Purple has a 28 ship fleet drifting in deep space roughly between Akxhushtal and Tikala. I suspect it's mostly drone DEs; but could be wrong. Not sure if they're going to keep going to Tikaka now that the fleet they were chasing merged away; or return home.
Last edited by Summoner on Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Summoner

Post by Summoner » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:39 pm

And the save:

Summoner

Post by Summoner » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:28 am

A few more, post dinner thoughts.

I'm fairly happy with my turnset overall. Despite a bad beginning where I took too many losses trying to hold Thives we should be able to reclaim the world in a few more turns; and have staked claims on two more, pushing our front foward.

Purple's tech appears badly behind, probably because we've taken several of their planets early on. Stomping on them should be an easy way to expand, and if we can split enemy attention several ways keeping the colonies alive should be easier.

I spent most of the last turnset sprinting on techs; unless we get abreak through whoever goes next will be drifting for most of it, and should finish the freighter upgrades. I've continued using a fission ferry fleet to haul old ones to the HW for scrapping.

If we're able to hold onto our current aquisitions a one or two turn detour for a bit of biotech to help them grow might be worthwhile. My first choice would be Environmental Tailoring since it gives both terraforming and growth; but it'll probably still be a two turn tech. Terraforming bacteria is much cheaper, but would only give us a terraforming bonus.

Starknight

Post by Starknight » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:41 am

Summoner wrote:A few more, post dinner thoughts.

I'm fairly happy with my turnset overall. Despite a bad beginning where I took too many losses trying to hold Thives we should be able to reclaim the world in a few more turns; and have staked claims on two more, pushing our front foward.

Purple's tech appears badly behind, probably because we've taken several of their planets early on. Stomping on them should be an easy way to expand, and if we can split enemy attention several ways keeping the colonies alive should be easier.

I spent most of the last turnset sprinting on techs; unless we get abreak through whoever goes next will be drifting for most of it, and should finish the freighter upgrades. I've continued using a fission ferry fleet to haul old ones to the HW for scrapping.

If we're able to hold onto our current aquisitions a one or two turn detour for a bit of biotech to help them grow might be worthwhile. My first choice would be Environmental Tailoring since it gives both terraforming and growth; but it'll probably still be a two turn tech. Terraforming bacteria is much cheaper, but would only give us a terraforming bonus.

Nice turn-set.

Disruptor shields can be useful, but aren't critical if we're able to outnumber the enemy and micro well enough to avoid getting hit by the big guns.

As for that Purple fleet, unless it bothers someone to have it floating there, I'd say leave it alone. I've never seen the AI recover a 'lost fleet' like that before. One game my enemies had over 20 DNs floating in deep space - in positions to attack my worlds - and they never moved them after they destroyed the scouts or remnants of the attack groups they were chasing. I'd say let him keep paying support on them. ;)

Many of the ships at Thives were older models, I believe. Some of them were even without PSA. Losing those while killing enemies isn't a net loss for us, since they're at the end of their service life anyway. Usually when I have a situation like that I tend to put the older models into combat first, to soften up the enemies, and let the newer ones come on as reinforcements.

I agree that finishing off Purple should be our first priority. We shouldn't overlook any gifts that come our way, though, so the opportunity to support a Hiver attack on someone else should be taken when possible.

Terraforming techs will come in handy when we start going after Tarka and Liir worlds, due to their CH differences. They're definitely on the plate once Purple is defeated.

No sign of the Berserker yet, I take it?
My Morrigi fleet-speed calculator for SotS Prime
The Holy Lands - Hivers vs. the infidel Liir (and others)
Currently working on getting my board game Dragon Raiders into final condition before going to Kickstarter...

Summoner

Post by Summoner » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:22 am

Starknight wrote:As for that Purple fleet, unless it bothers someone to have it floating there, I'd say leave it alone. I've never seen the AI recover a 'lost fleet' like that before. One game my enemies had over 20 DNs floating in deep space - in positions to attack my worlds - and they never moved them after they destroyed the scouts or remnants of the attack groups they were chasing. I'd say let him keep paying support on them. ;)

Exploiting AI bugs feels like stealing candy from babies or clubbing baby seals to me.

Starknight wrote:Many of the ships at Thives were older models, I believe. Some of them were even without PSA. Losing those while killing enemies isn't a net loss for us, since they're at the end of their service life anyway. Usually when I have a situation like that I tend to put the older models into combat first, to soften up the enemies, and let the newer ones come on as reinforcements.

If we had more ships on hand I wouldn't've been that concerned; but our border was nearly naked for a few turns after.

As long as they still have modern engines I'll often stick one or two old ships slightly ahead of my main force since the AI tends to go overkill on the first ship it can target. Might as well make it something I don't care about. Otherwise I tend to lump them in secondary defensive fleets where I don't really care if they get used up in a single battle. We don't really have enough planets for my tactic to be feasable though, since we're unlikely to have that many klunkers stay around long enough.

Starknight wrote:No sign of the Berserker yet, I take it?

Nope.

Cheda

Post by Cheda » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:50 am

Hey guys, sorry I didn't check in in a while.

I see you are managing well without me. And I have to inform you all that I have successfully transitioned from SotS 1 to Supreme Ruler 2020, so I've kinda lost interest for SotS...
Also there have been some events lately that had serious effect on my spare time so I have to forfeit from this game.

Sorry for letting you all down. GL + HF with this game.

Cheda out.
CET +1

Starknight

Post by Starknight » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:28 pm

I have the save; I'll be taking my turns tomorrow unless I decide to get to them today.

Tech-wise, obviously I'm going to finish up DNs. Not sure if I want to do a short detour for a biotech at this point, but grabbing Data Correlation might be on the plate; Armada CNC is obviously the next big thing. I'll work on filling up our trade routes with cruiser freighters and build as many war-ships as I can, probably focusing on cruisers. Oh, and building Fusion Carver support ships for Third Fleet is definitely high on the priority list.

Hopefully I can put together some attacks on Purple, and we can get one enemy off our plate. I'll send the old fission-era ships to take out the stranded Purple fleet before scrapping them somewhere or splitting them up to stiffen colony garrisons, unless Purple is eliminated before I have a chance. Other things I do will probably be dictated by events in the game. :)

Looking at the save, I notice there's a Forest Tarka attack incoming on a Red world. Both he and Orange have ships there; we can get a small fleet there in time to help (some of the reinforcements for that front), but I'm not sure it's necessary or desirable. What do you guys think? I suppose if I have them sit on the fringes to pick off outliers we wouldn't lose any ships.
Currently working on getting my board game Dragon Raiders into final condition before going to Kickstarter...

Summoner

Post by Summoner » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:03 am

Third fleet only has two fission era combat cruisers, the rest of its relics are drone DDs and support ships. You can certainly lead with them in the attack; but if the purple fleet is a 28 drone DE swarm (or 27 + 1 cruiser CNC); I'm not sure they'll be enough. on their own.

The hivers don't have that great of technology; so an assist would be helpful. Unless you rob first fusion which I don't think is a good idea (could get in trouble if they're counter attacked); the only available ships are the Kao'vaanu garrison. I didn't have them in mind as reinforcements; that planet is popular with the dark blue liir's cross ring attack fleets and since our scanners can't splot cloaked ships so I don't want to uncover the planet long term.

Borrowing it for a half dozen turns to help out an ally probably isn't a big risk though. To get CNC DN attack fleets to our worlds a dozen turns ago it had to ignore almost everything except ship techs; and having been stomped with its one attempt I suspect getting decent weapons would come before building another severely undergunned fleet with cloaks.

Starknight

Post by Starknight » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:55 am

Turn 130
Loading up the save, I notice we're at #2 overall. Nice! (Our allies are #5 and #7. We'll have to do something about that.)

I rename the fleet at Kao'Vaanu to 'Core Defence' since the job of these ships is to repel invasions from across the core. Nothing appears to be incoming so I send them to assist in the defence of Tyzek'to, a Red world with many Red and Orange ships already defending it.

The treasury is drained - 100k left - so I decide not to build any more ships. Research looks good. Oh, and the Teal fishies gabble at us some more. That's nice little fishie, talk all you want.

IT:
Our assault on Mo'noshu continues. 12 DEs and 7 CRs plus two full sat rings defend against our 12 DE and 35 CR fleet. Our ships cleverly array themselves around an asteroid to begin with. We remain in the sensor shadow and demolish the enemy cruisers with no losses - one ship retreats with a damaged mission section. One Lancer cruiser is lost during the planetary assault, but the results are good otherwise.

Turn 131
DN Construction comes in early, hooray! I queue up Data Correlation at 1 turn (about 55% spending). Now we'll be able to determine what our enemies are fielding against us in an easier fashion.

A few older scouts are scuttled in deep space; it won't be much, but we don't need to keep paying support on them with the DS ships out there. More freighters are ordered for various sectors.

IT:
I accidentally allow a scout to get to Kuo'Dai. Vaanu has a Repair Station here which starts in scanning range. The scout flees expeditiously.

Mo'noshu continues to be ground under our jackbooted heels - I mean, liberated from the fishy oppressors. ;) Their first line of defense is one Armor CR, which melts under our heavy beam fire. Destroyer-sized speedbumps are flattened on the way to the planet. One older Tengri falls to planet missiles and Fusion Cannon fire from the satellites.

At Tyzek'to, our allies field 134 DEs and 112 CRs to Vaanu's 47 CRs. Our fleet of 13 CRs with two scout DEs is probably superfluous. We cannot save the gate, but it shouldn't be an issue; Vaanu loses 11 CRs to Red's 4 CRs, gate DE, and 1 light defence satellite.

Turn 132
Data Correlation comes in on schedule. Checking our intel, I see our allies now have Fusion Cannon. Vaanu has Quark Resonators; I decide to stick out another combat round in hopes of scavenging it. ;) I queue up Armada Command Systems and turn spending way up; it'll slow ship-building but we need this tech.

Blue Liir and Forest Tarka make attempts at intercepting our scouts. I try to run them away but I'm not hopeful.

IT:
Mo'noshu assault continues; he's down to satellites. I peel one ship off of each flank to start working those down while the remaining 7 (3 outnumbering bonus ships) work on reducing the planet.

At Tyzek'to, we attempt to stay on the fringes and try to pick off Tarkas of opportunity. The Tarkas, however, have other ideas. The Hivers don't get off so scot-free this time with no gate to distract the Tarkas, either. I try retreating the damaged vessels; I save a battlecruiser but lose a command ship. :(

Blue Liir needs food badly! Er, I mean, intercepts our scout. I run away until I can retreat.

Atalanti is visited by another VN Mothership. This time our Hiver allies do NOT have mobile assets in place. We lose one garrison ship since there were three probes instead of two, but otherwise the battle goes well.

A Red gate-fleet hits the Blue world of Lomomi and dies.

Turn 133
Mo'noshu is a defeated world; no Imperial Liir presence remains. Satellite clean-up is all that keeps us from taking this world.

Considering the losses at Tyzek'to, I elect to retreat the Core Defence fleet. I queue a replacement CNC for them at Kao'Vaanu. I also queue a replacement garrison DE at Atalanti.

IT:
Mo'noshu - AR to clean up the satellites. Blue Liir intercepts our scout again; I AR that, losing the scout, but I don't want to keep playing fish and bird with them. Orange hits Thives with a 6 CR supported gate... I guess I should have been there to assist. Oops.

Turn 134
A colony ship lands on Mo'noshu. Armada Command Systems hits 41%; I turn it back to 6 turns remaining which should put us over 50% next turn. With a little luck I might get another research in.

The Orange gate-fleet appears to have taken out a couple of Lan's cruisers at Thives. Once ships have assembled at Tikala I'll assault the world. Hopefully that will put Third Fleet in position to assault Xhokola when the Orange gate-fleet arrives there on turn 141. To aid in that, I queue up several support ships at Taosi.

IT:
Astonishingly enough, no conflict is detected by our sensors.

Turn 135
A 10-ship Blue fleet is detected heading for Kao'Vaanu from Riishen, a world we have no information on. I design the Griaule (Lancer Assault/Blazer DN) and queue one up. They're pricey but should poke serious holes in things.

Vaanu (Forest Tarka) has a 6-ship probe - 5 DEs and a refinery - headed to Rizketep. I queue up two Armor CRs and a CNC to lead the garrison in the defence; they can be reinforcements afterwards, or form the core of a new fleet.

34 Teal CRs are spotted headed for Red's world of Rychopre, eta 4 turns. We should be able to intercept with First Fusion, or support the defence.

IT:
I need to keep better track of scouts. One of ours arrives at Kao'Kaal, the Forest homeworld, to be met by 53 DEs and 2 CRs. Unless some of those DEs are scout ships, though, I start out of scanner range. I decide to flee once I see the incoming stream of planet missiles.

Turn 136
Vaanu sends a CR to intercept our scout off of Korfos. I retreat it to Rizketep and reposition the one formerly off Mo'noshu to cover that volume of space.

Ships are shuffled around at Tikala, resulting in an all fusion carver Third Fleet. The fission cutter ships are left behind to shepherd the world through its infant stage. Third Fleet is sent off to assault Thives, maybe we can keep it this time. The first two Repair ships for that fleet are sent to meet them but will arrive one turn later than Third.

First Fusion is sent off to defend Rychopre. More freighters and another DN are queued up to be built.

IT:
The scout off of Ka'Trulmo (Forest) is intercepted by a Tarka CR. I outrun it and retreat.

Turn 137
Apparently the Teal Liir want to get in on the interception action; the scout heading back to Rizketep is now being chased by two of their cruisers in addition to the Tarka. :roll: I queue up a big surprise for them when they arrive at Rizketep.

Lan has 37 CRs incoming to Taosi, eta 4 turns. Third Fleet should be able to reposition to here in time, but it means the Orange gate might not get established at Xhokola. I start laying down more cruisers at the homeworld; we need at least one more fleet, probably two.

IT:
Thives is our 26 CRs vs. Lan's 20. Some of his are damaged. One Assault/Armor ship is lost because the captain decides he can stick around instead of following his retreat orders.

Rizketep - 5 DEs and a CR vs. our 3 CRs and 4 DEs, plus many Hivers. I AR this battle; no losses.

Two scouts run away in deep space.

Turn 138
Armada Command Systems comes in. I put Environmental Tailoring (at 3 turns) on the research agenda. I design the Scatha Armada Command ship (Assault/CNC) and put one of them to building at Kao'Vaanu. I elect not to build anything else as funds are running a bit short.

IT:
Thives - Lan is down to 8 CRs. I mop them up with no losses.

Rychopre - Good thing I decided to reinforce; Orange has 17 CRs and 25 DEs, Red only has 2 DEs here. Our 35 CR fleet will be needed. Unfortunately we start closest to the Liir, and they have Fusion Projectors now. The approach angle is bad and I am unable to snipe any away. :( We lose many ships but keep them away from the planet. The Orange fleet arrives to take some of the pressure off at around the 1:30 mark. It looks like the Liir only brought one or two command ships, though.

Scouts continue to run away.

Turn 139
Deep scan results on the Blue fleet show 8 DNs (1 support, 2 CNC, 5 Armor) and 2 CRs (refineries). They're arriving in two turns. The small fleet containing the DN at Lefkandi robs the Ferry Fleet of its DEs for the speed boost and will make it in time.

The Repair ships arrive at Thives and help to fix the damaged vessels of Third Fleet. Unfortunately they don't have the fuel to get back to Taosi, so they're left here with the Biomes. 2 of those 3 are ordered to land, as well. Third Fleet is ordered to go defend Taosi, where two more Blazer cruisers are ordered to be built. Freighter construction orders are also placed.

We lost 11 CRs at Rychopre. The Liir lost 17.

I turn research spending down slightly (3 turns instead of 2); Environmental Tailoring should be at 56% next turn.

IT:
Scouts run some more. Clean-up at Rychopre goes well, the Liir are out of CNCs.

Turn 140
Rychopre can be left for our allies to clean up as the Liir only have 2 ships left. We do get a research project out of it, named Arclight (generic name, no real info). Looking at the techs in use, I have no idea what it could be. The Liir did have an Assimilation Plague biowar ship there; naturally it got nowhere near the planet.

Vaanu has more cruisers inbound to Tyzek'to, but we don't have any assets in place to intervene. Still, there's a ton of Orange and Red ships there so we shouldn't need to do so.

More cruisers are queued up at Rizketep to replace losses. Other than that, I'll leave it up to the next player to do stuff.

Final Thoughts
All in all, a pretty satisfying turn. I got more research in than I expected, finished taking a world away from the Liir, and reclaimed Thives from the Tarkas. I also got our first Dreadnaughts designed and built, including our first Armada CNC. And I prevented Red from losing another world.

ET is currently 2 turns out; it could be pushed to 1 turn without too much of a penalty. Tech-wise, I'm not sure where we should go next; I suppose the results of the battle at Kao'Vaanu may give us some pointers. Tractor Beams to set up Gravity Control is always a good thing.

I didn't manage to engage on any new fronts; lack of ships to make effective fleets is the big limiter there. Still, we should be finishing up the cruiser freighter networks soon, so that will free up funds for building (and maintaining) more ships. I expect to have more toys the next time my turn rolls around. :)

Save attached.

Return to “T.A.R.”