Re: RBSotS1 SG7

Post by Summoner » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:52 pm

Zalzidrax wrote:Wait, the original order was:
Starknight
BTAxis
Cheda
Zalzidrax
Summoner

Since I switched positions with Starknight at the beginning because he wanted to go first, but my last turn I delayed until after Summoner, so I guess what I really should be asking is whether Summoner wants to take this now and make it a permanent switch or whether it would be better to revert to the original order. I have a bit of goof-off time between today and tomorrow (as I doubt I can actually study for 12 hours straight, regardless of how much I probably need to), almost certainly enough to play 10 turns, the weekends going to suck as far as workload, and then I'm done with the semester, so I have all the time in the world after that.

If you have time to play today/tomorrow but will be busy on the weekend you might as well go next; it's a lot easier for me to play a turnset on a weekend than in midweek.

Zalzidrax

Post by Zalzidrax » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:47 am

Sounds like a plan. Death to the dustlings!

Summoner

Post by Summoner » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:33 am

Zalzidrax wrote:Sounds like a plan. Death to the dustlings!

How's the turn going?

Zalzidrax

Post by Zalzidrax » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:43 am

Finished, was going to a decent write-up, but eh, that's not going to happen in a timely fashion. I mean it's mostly just curb stomping the other side at this point: The core defense fleet was subscribed to the philosophy that the best defense is a good offense, and I researched some drive tech and impactors, and otherwise have just gone around blowing people up with the only notable losses being a DN CnC from the core defense fleet.

Also, sixth fleet appears to have lost its refineries at some point and needs someone to stop by with gas. Other than that it should be smooth shooting.

Summoner

Post by Summoner » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:02 pm

Zalzidrax wrote:Finished, was going to a decent write-up, but eh, that's not going to happen in a timely fashion. I mean it's mostly just curb stomping the other side at this point: The core defense fleet was subscribed to the philosophy that the best defense is a good offense, and I researched some drive tech and impactors, and otherwise have just gone around blowing people up with the only notable losses being a DN CnC from the core defense fleet.

Also, sixth fleet appears to have lost its refineries at some point and needs someone to stop by with gas. Other than that it should be smooth shooting.

Looks like it should just be a mopup; and might as well start cashing in on the peace dividend with the r&d budget.

Summoner

Post by Summoner » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:21 am

200; With only 3 enemy worlds not currently targeted by a killer fleet, we have all the guns we need to win the war; so I'm mostly going for butter now. Researching terraforming bacteria, and building freighters everywhere they're needed.

IT

Teoxhacos vs Liir. 2 DN, 2 CR, 75 DE (mostlyu freighters), 11 sats. Boiled the planet, but without enemy CNC I was only able to kill one of the two DNs; the last spawns a second before the battle ends.

Ke'Kiralta: vs Tarka: 14 CR, 2 DE, 20 sats. Wipe the fleet but only do minimal damage to the planet. The tarkas chewed on my impacter CRs rather hard though; lost 5 of them. Not sure what went wrong since I wans't watching closely.

Mi'Shiim vs Tarka; 5 DE, 2 CR; unknown colony size: autoed. Defenders wiped and planet killed.

Keu'Paak vs Tarka: 2 CR, 3 DE unknown colony: autoed. Defenders wiped and planet killed.

201: Completed terraforming bacteria, started grav adaption as a 3 turn tech.

IT

Kao'Tuno vs Tarka: 4CR, 21 DE, no sats, unknown colony. Chewed up the defenders but lost a DN; this fleet only had CR CNC so my numbers weren't quite what they should've been.

Ke'Kiralta vs Tarka: 1 CR, 1 DE, 16 sats, size 5 world: autoed. Defenders wiped and planet killed.

Ka'Trulmo vs tarka: 13 CR 2 DE 20 sats unknown colony. Autoed by accident; killed the planet but most of the fleet survived.

202: The Drowned surrender to us. Another tarka world revolts.

IT

Kao'Lolto vs tarka: a CR, 30DE, size 8 planet. Killed the planet, 25 DE, mostly freighters, survived.

Kao'Trulmo vs tarka: 5CR 2 DE, 20 sats, size 4 planet. Smashed up the fleet, didn't quite kill the planet.

203: About 100 DE freighters drop at Ka'Trulmo; I think this is the only surviving tarka colony. I send a bigger fleet to finish things of.

IT: No battles because the last tarka surrendered.

Starknight

Post by Starknight » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:29 am

*dusts hands off* Well, that's that then.

Zed, was there a surprise... and if so, what was it?
My Morrigi fleet-speed calculator for SotS Prime
The Holy Lands - Hivers vs. the infidel Liir (and others)
Currently working on getting my board game Dragon Raiders into final condition before going to Kickstarter...

Zalzidrax

Post by Zalzidrax » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:55 am

I assume it was the 1 colony start... at least that seemed to be the main adverse special condition.

EDIT: Another round then?

BTAxis

Post by BTAxis » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:53 pm

Count me out, I'm in no position to play SotS until Jan 11th or so.

Starknight

Post by Starknight » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:40 pm

I'm up for another one.
Currently working on getting my board game Dragon Raiders into final condition before going to Kickstarter...

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:11 pm

Zalzidrax wrote:I assume it was the 1 colony start... at least that seemed to be the main adverse special condition.

Yep, that would have been the main one.

So far we have Zalzidrax and Starknight up for another round... any other takers? If I get enough interest I'll start a signup thread.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Summoner

Post by Summoner » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:34 pm

I'm up. Not sure what my availability will be between Christmas and New Years.

Starknight

Post by Starknight » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:57 pm

ZedF wrote:
Zalzidrax wrote:I assume it was the 1 colony start... at least that seemed to be the main adverse special condition.

Yep, that would have been the main one.

So far we have Zalzidrax and Starknight up for another round... any other takers? If I get enough interest I'll start a signup thread.

BTW, lurkers, if you have any interest you might want to speak up now so we get a new game going soonish. :)

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

RBSotS1 SG7

Post by ZedF » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:05 pm

It looks like if we are going to start anything it will be in the new year. :)
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Cheda

Post by Cheda » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:31 pm

We won. Yay! :insane:
CET +1

Return to “T.A.R.”