RBSotS1 SG12

Tactics and Action Reports.
ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

RBSotS1 SG12

Post by ZedF » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:43 am

No variant rules this time, just win! But be sure to keep your rip bores safe, they will be hard to replace...

Abyss
Summoner
Gryfalcon
ivra
Zalzidrax
purplemarmot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ZedF on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Abyss

Re: RBSotS1 SG12

Post by Abyss » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:44 am

Alright, I'll get my turns in sometime tomorrow. This looks like it'll be quite interesting, starting position is atrocious for Zuul, for once we are going to have to connect our main planet to our other colony, only due to necessity.

Summoner

Post by Summoner » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:01 am

I've never played Zuul before (as a turtle they clashed too hard with my natural playstyle); so a bit of a braindump about what you're thinking as you go through your turns would be useful.

ivra

Post by ivra » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:14 am

This is going to be incredible hard. The AIs all have 4 colonies and it seems that research and income is set to 50%. Waldo Units take 16 turns on max research and we earn 90 000 each turn. I started a normal game for comparison and in that game Waldo Units will take only 5 turns on max and the income was over 200 000.

I say we ignore research completely in the beginning of the game and start to rent money. As Zuul, morale is not an issue. Build the fleets necessary to get into the center of the galaxy asap, and to grab as many colonies as possible. When we have at least 15 colonies we can start to repay the loans and start researching.

I googled the expression "I say" and got a little confused. What I want to say is that I suggest, but I also get the impression that "I say" can mean I demand or I order, which is not what I meant...
A lot of these road signs go missing every year as the tourists collect their trophies. It makes me wonder if this road sign is indeed the most wanted souvenir of Norway...

Gryfalcon

Post by Gryfalcon » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:39 pm

ivra wrote:I googled the expression "I say" and got a little confused. What I want to say is that I suggest, but I also get the impression that "I say" can mean I demand or I order, which is not what I meant...

In the part of the world where I learned English, "I say" say doesn't have any connotations of command. I'd consider it equivalent to saying "I vote" or "I think." Given that I live close enough to Google to hike to their campus, I may be getting different search results than you, however. And, in any case, whatever advice you can offer is appreciated.

ETA: Because this will be easier to find on page 1 when I want to remember it later: Hivers and Morrigi are teamed. Humans and Liir are teamed.
Last edited by Gryfalcon on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Summer grasses:
all that remain of great soldiers’
imperial dreams - Basho

ivra

Post by ivra » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:33 pm

Gryfalcon wrote:In the part of the world where I learned English, "I say" say doesn't have any connotations of command. I'd consider it equivalent to saying "I vote" or "I think." Given that I live close enough to Google to hike to their campus, I may be getting different search results than you, however. And, in any case, whatever advice you can offer is appreciated.

Actually, I think I double confused myself. :googly: I suddenly remembered that in one episode of Star Gate SG1 Samantha Carter says: "I SAY when we're done". She emphasized the word say, and it was clear from the situation that she meant it as an order to the others around her to continue (to look for a way to figure out the mechanism that teleported Jack O'Neill and Harry Maybourne away to the planets moon). The fact that I didn't find "I say" as an order or demand when I googled it confused my. Still I got a little worried that I had been impolite and demanded a course of action from you so I wrote what I did.

I reloaded the game and got a second look at our situation. The only star we can reach with our current drive (range 14) is Talok (from Volans). The second closest is 14.6ly away. Lets hope nothing nasty lives at Talok, like a swarm or an AM, or even worse: alien wreckage...
A lot of these road signs go missing every year as the tourists collect their trophies. It makes me wonder if this road sign is indeed the most wanted souvenir of Norway...

Zalzidrax

Post by Zalzidrax » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:58 pm

Most Asteroid Monitors can be outrun, fortunately, even by colony ships.

ivra

Post by ivra » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:25 pm

Zalzidrax wrote:Most Asteroid Monitors can be outrun, fortunately, even by colony ships.

... and if you include a couple of cheap ERs in the fleet almost all AMs can be outrun, if you move the other ships and sacrifice the ERs by not moving them away from the AM but let them eat the missiles. It is a bit expensive getting through 4 ships at the cost of 2 ERs.

Zalzidrax

Post by Zalzidrax » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:57 pm

The problem I've had with that strategy is the missiles that are in the air when the sacrificial ERs are destroyed now are close enough to target my fleeing ships, even if tehy otherwise would have been out of range...

Abyss

Post by Abyss » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:35 am

I've always hidden in an asteroid blind spot, since missiles can't target within that zone.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:56 pm

Hi folks,

purplemarmot would like to join in. Everyone ok with that? If so he can be added to the roster wherever he fits best; by default I'd put him at the end but there's no reason he has to be.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Summoner

Post by Summoner » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:15 am

ZedF wrote:Hi folks,

purplemarmot would like to join in. Everyone ok with that? If so he can be added to the roster wherever he fits best; by default I'd put him at the end but there's no reason he has to be.

fine by me.

Gryfalcon

Post by Gryfalcon » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:06 am

Don't see why not.
Summer grasses:
all that remain of great soldiers’
imperial dreams - Basho

ivra

Post by ivra » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:24 am

Sure, and welcome to the team :)

Zalzidrax

Post by Zalzidrax » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:34 pm

The more, the merrier.

Return to “T.A.R.”