RBSotS1 SG12

Tactics and Action Reports.
ivra

Re: RBSotS1 SG12

Post by ivra » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:19 am

Turn 200
With only 3 remaining assault shuttles and a lot of damaged ships in the fleet attacking Altair, I am ordering them back. The bigger fleet at Nozokris still has 8 assault shuttles, so I am going to continue the attack.

Fights
Attacking Nozokris: Disaster. Hiver arrived at the colony with a full cruiser fleet. Lost 17 ships and took out some platforms, but was not able to take out a single hiver CR. Fleet is returning to Pylos.

Turn 202
Giedi Prime is a rock, returning the attack fleet to Sera.

Turn 204
Killed single Morrigi CR coming to Sera using AR; no losses.

Turns 205-210
Building ships. Maybe an attack on Nozokris will be successful if the Giedi Prime fleet is joined with the Nozokris fleet. That will give us more than 100 ships.

Save:
RBSotS1-SG12 T210.sav
A lot of these road signs go missing every year as the tourists collect their trophies. It makes me wonder if this road sign is indeed the most wanted souvenir of Norway...

purplemarmot

Post by purplemarmot » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:26 pm

It's been two days so I'm going to assume Zalzidrax is still out. I'll play and post the next 10 turns in the next 24 hours, then.
Last edited by purplemarmot on Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:52 pm

Good plan. :)

Guys, in general if you are done your turns, it might help act as a reminder for people following you if you give them a heads-up to that in your closing remarks. Also, if you don't feel able to take your turns, please let the next player know so that the game can keep moving. Ok? :)
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

purplemarmot

Post by purplemarmot » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:49 pm

Turn 210 - Send Nozokris Assault fleet to Argos, to update information (unfortunately, it's a dustball, CH1363) and hopefully expand past Argos to hopefully colonizable and strategically defendable planet at Lefkandi

IBT - Nothing

Turn 211 - Nothing

IBT - Nothing

Turn 212 - Nothing

IBT - Nothing

Turn 213 - Send Gedi Prime assault to Nozokris

IBT - Cruiser Construction Breakthrough!

Turn 214 - Queue Salvage, then recommend Data Synergy

IBT - Combat at Argos, Lose 14 ships, kill Hiver gate and 2 cruisers. Retreat to Pylos to repair, restock, and then destroy on return as Hiver's can't reinforce in time.

Turn 215 - Order replacement Torchbearers at Pylos, launch attack at Altair

IBT - Combat at Nozokris (65 DE of ours vs. 15 hiver DE, and 10 DE sats and 5 CR sats of Morrigi). First order of business, destroy Hiver. Swerved left and found the hivers, battle was going really well until I lost my CnC right as my Jammer was lost. Planet missles started showing up increasing casualties until I could bring reinforcements from spawn point. 14 ships lost to 12 hiver ships, but the hiver gate is down. 3 hiver DE left, one without engines, next turn we'll attack the planet!

Turn 216 - Shuffle ships around in Nozokris fleet to get healthy ships to the front lines. Queue Torchbearers at Gotham and Pylos to replace losses in Gedi Attack fleet. Design some ships:
1. Missle/Green Laser Medium sat: Fort MDP MSGL 0.3
2. Green laser Strafe/Armor cruiser: Torchbeast CR GL 3.3
3. Gauss cannon Strafe/Armor cruiser: Pebblefall CR GL 3.3
4. Green laser Hammerhead/Boarder cruiser: Inmate CR GL 3.3
5. Green laser Hammerhead/Refinery cruiser: Pyrobomb CR GL 3.3
6. Green laser Hammerhead/Scavenger cruiser: Carrion CR GL 3.3

Fill free to tweak the names for more information if you want.

IBT - Combat at Nozokris. Morrigi only have def sats, Hiver scrapped the DE with engine loss. Attacking colony... Arghh! Didn't realize I didn't have any AS in fleet. Finish off Hivers, lost a Hide and Seek (jammer) to planetary missles.

Turn 217 - An Alien Menace detected that I'm unfamiliar with... anyone know what this is?
2 Morrigi ships inbound to Nozokris, presumably cruisers. Queue some Torchbeasts at Gotham,.

IBT - Combat at Nozokris, 3 Morrigi cruisers in addition to sats. Kill to 2 cruisers, heavy losses. Sat missles deadly.

Turn 218 - Withdraw to Pylos to repair and reinforce

IBT - Combat at Altair, Hiver cruisers with CNC (8 CRs on the battle choice screen), run away (it was just a distraction fleet, which ultimately was unneeded). Unfortunately, didn't notice the fleet didn't have tankers. Runaway in formation, manage to shoot down all missles and take no damage. Will need to repeat each turn until tankers arrive (ETA 4 turns, 223 I think)

Turn 219 - Send Pyros (tankers) to Altair to rescue Altair fleet.

IBT - Combat at Altair, runaway in formation.

Turn 220 - Ready for next player (Abyss? or Summoner if Abyss isn't ready)

Fleet repair and restocking at Pylos. Fleet can be combined with fleet from Nozokris next turn to return to Nozokris before Hivers have a chance to get another gate ship there. Also would like to explore past Argos to Lefkandi (Argos still has 4 CR and 1 DE - Hiver). A good push into Nozokris could gain us the colony. Only Morrigi defense now. There were cruisers in defense, but no CNC yet. I needed Assault Shuttles to kill colony. Sats will be painful without PD or deflectors to take down, though.

ivra

Post by ivra » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:14 pm

purplemarmot wrote:An Alien Menace detected that I'm unfamiliar with... anyone know what this is?

It's the System Killer, and we are probably going to lose Pylos. I don't think even AR will help in this situation. I'm afraid 100 DEs with basic missiles, green lasers and gauss drivers are just not good enough. The most low-tech fleet I have been able to kill it with was a CR CnC with DE minelayers equipped with nuclear mines. I also had 10 LDs and 10 MDs.
A lot of these road signs go missing every year as the tourists collect their trophies. It makes me wonder if this road sign is indeed the most wanted souvenir of Norway...

Goomich

RBSotS1 SG12

Post by Goomich » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:20 pm

purplemarmot wrote:Turn 217 - An Alien Menace detected that I'm unfamiliar with... anyone know what this is?

Sparky.

purplemarmot

Post by purplemarmot » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:26 pm

Not good then :(

purplemarmot

Post by purplemarmot » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:21 pm

Next person will want to check whether Sparky will kill Nozokris before wasting ships attacking it

BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:40 am

2. Green laser Strafe/Armor cruiser: Torchbeast CR GL 3.3
3. Gauss cannon Strafe/Armor cruiser: Pebblefall CR GL 3.3

Isn't this a waste? I thought small turrets were not doubled when used in the CR Strafe sections?

purplemarmot

Post by purplemarmot » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:31 pm

I've never heard or read that, so that's new to me, if true. Wiki doesn't say anything about that and I can't find any post in the message board discussing it. I might have to do a little test and check it in battle.

Summoner

Post by Summoner » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:29 am

Abyss? If I don't hear from you, I'll play the next turn set tomorrow evening.

BlueTemplar: First I've heard that claim as well.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

RBSotS1 SG12

Post by ZedF » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:56 pm

I've heard it mentioned before, though I don't recall trying it to see whether it's true.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Summoner

Post by Summoner » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:57 am

120: The question of if trying to fight Sparky at Pylos is a sane idea or not is a moot point. He's one turn out, our nearest escape route is 3 turns travel and our bore lines will collapse taking the fleet with them if we try.

IT: Sparky was a total massacre. Inflicted <6k damage fighting normally; barely half that when I tried AR.

T121: On the plus side our fleet maintenance bill has been cut in half. :(

T223: Aitair fleet refueled and retreating back to Procyon.

T224: Sparky is back in sight and headed for Procyon. Looks like the altair fleet won't be escaping afterall. :cry:

T127: RIP Procyon and altair attack fleet. Fleet maintenance is now a third of what it was at the start of my turnset.

T129 ...
Giedi Prime. our DE picket is attacked by a Liir DE and wins at the cost of its engine.

T130: Get a special project out of the last fight.

Final thoughts: Is sparty the last straw? We've lost two colonies already; and when i fast forwarded through another 20 turns Talok ends up getting wiped as well before sparky finally leaves. That's 3/7 colonies gone; and the two pairs left too far apart to travel between. At this point I think we're screwed.

purplemarmot

Post by purplemarmot » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:02 am

Wow. I thought we might of had a chance to pull it out. I'm really doubting that now.

ivra

Post by ivra » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:38 am

As you already know, I have considered this game lost for a long time now. What about you, Abyss, Gryfalcon, and Zalzidrax? Do you consider this game lost as well? If so, we could start a new Zuul game with more normal difficulty-settings. Getting to cruisers and be able to use some Scavengers would be nice.

I think of the 6 races, the one that is most penalized by the 50% reduction to research and economy is Zuul. This setting makes the biggest weakness of the Zuul (research) about 4 times as bad as it normally is.

Return to “T.A.R.”