Anyone Any Time

Tactics and Action Reports.
Zalzidrax

Re: Anyone Any Time

Post by Zalzidrax » Sat May 18, 2013 12:59 pm

I also think kelvinic torpedoes are awful nice for taking down Hiver DNs.

R2dical

Post by R2dical » Sat May 18, 2013 1:22 pm

acastus wrote:
ivra wrote:Good work to everybody! Getting AI was risky, but once AI Slaves was done the risk is over and we can enjoy a giant boost for the rest of the game. We got lucky this time. I do not dare to think what would have happened to this game if we got an AI rebellion...

No kidding. I rarely ever go for AI. R2dical sure is a radical :). I was quite relieved to see AI Slaves in our tech tree.

Lol. I always go for AI, especially in MP. The trick with avoiding a rebellion is using how the chances are calculated; it is actually a low chance rolled for every turn spent researching AI techs only. So you build up income to where you can get AI in 1 or 2 turns and never boost research. I never bother with slaves or virues even. I've had maybe 3 in the last 100 games where I luckily had the counter techs also. For example the cpu always goes for AI ironically :googly:

acastus

Post by acastus » Sat May 18, 2013 3:34 pm

T131: Started Cutting Beam.

Destroyed orange Hiver colony Farfin.

T132: Building support ships for 3 DN fleets.

T133: Cutting Beam completed. Started Relective Coating.

Attacked orange Hiver colony Absit. Wiped out 5 DE, 1 CR, 1 DN. Lost 1 CR.
Assisted Liir in attack on Tarka colony Dearon. Destroyed 31 Tarka ships. Losses: Liir 7, us zero but our DN CNC took a heavy beating and just managed to survive.

T134: Relective Coating completed. Started Improved Relective Coating. Diverted a small DN fleet to assist the Liir in defense their colony Xeres in 2 turns from a 14 CR Tarka fleet. Tarka reinforcements inbound to Dearon. Our attack fleet stays here to assist the few remaining Liir ships.

Assault orange Hiver colony Absit.
Destroyed Takrka colony Dearon. Staying to mop up reinforcements.
Took out 1 yellow Hiver DN in deep space heading to our colony Amuul.

T135: Improved Relective Coating completed. UV Laser started.

Defended Xeres. Tarka fleet destroyed.
Destroyed orange Hiver colony Absit.
Destroyed Tarka fleet at Dearon.
Another yellow Hiver DN in deep space heading to our colony Amuul.

T136: UV Laser completed. Phasers started.

Destroyed 2 yellow Hiver DNs at our colony Amuul.
Attacked orange Hiver colony Parmel.
Mopping up at Dearon.
Defended Cygni against 2 Tarka CRs.

T137: Phasers completed. Support ships for 3 DN fleets built (20 DE 70 CR for max outnumbering bonus). Just combine and add DNs with all the cash. Send excess DE freighters to homeworld to scrap.
Last edited by acastus on Sat May 18, 2013 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zalzidrax

Post by Zalzidrax » Sat May 18, 2013 5:37 pm

I think I'll take a crack at things here...

Zalzidrax

Post by Zalzidrax » Sat May 18, 2013 8:41 pm

Ended up getting caught up with some other business >.< Didn't actually get anything done. Sorry for taking up time if somebody else wants to take a crack.

R2dical

Post by R2dical » Sat May 18, 2013 9:10 pm

Turn 137:

Started PD Phasers. Built freighters. Waiting for PD Phasers to pump DN.

Thanks for the very useful fleet names!

Combat:

Parmel, AR'ed killing pop. 550 mil left.

Turn 138:

Got PD Phasers and started Mega Strip Mining. Designed and qued lots of tasty DNs.

Combat

Parmel, AR'ed killing pop. 200 mil left.
Dearon, Attack 3 defending vs small tarka fleet.

Turn 139:

Mega Strip Mining done, started Fusion Cannon.

Combat

Engonduanagori, suprise attack vs tarkas caught them off guard, they only have 10 sats and 1 CR. Killed everything.
Parmel, AR'ed killing all pop.
Deep Space, picket lost to tarkas.

Turn 140:

Started AM Cannon. Orange Hivers are rolling with DN stacks at many of their worlds.

Combat:

Took out an Orange Hiver gate.

Turn 141:

Started Heavy AM Cannon. Paused DN construction to build cash again.

Combat:

Absit, preventing Orange Hivers from retaking an independant. Attack3 vs 5DN. Pretty heavy losses but they were very old designs.
Didiolle, took out a Yellow Hiver gate.

Turn 142:

Heavy AM Cannon OB. Resumed DN pumping. Managed to take out all Orange Hiver gates at Absit so now they will have 12 or so DN stranded there for a while as they destroyed the independant also.

Combat:

Theta Pegassi, cleared swarm.
Parmel, cleared another hiver independant.
Karol, defended a Tarka attack.

Turn 143:

Started AM Torpedo. Orange Hiver have gone full on energy it seems, next tech is gonna be energy absorbers to counter.

Combat:

Manissi, took a shot at Tarka HW with our weakest attack fleet. We outnumber them 2 to 1 and have DN. 4 losses for 19 kills. 150 mil killed and 28 infrastructure.
Zaniah, attacking a Yellow Hiver production world with our large fleet. They have 3 DN and an AM. I have a new appreciation for disruptors, focus firing on an enemy dread can leave it mostly helpless! 3 losses for 28 kills including the 3 DN and Monitor. Purposefully left the gate and now going to hit the nearby world.

Turn 144:

AM Torp OB. Colonized Didiolle.

Combat:

Manissi, they have 15 CR left. 1 bil killed and 100 Inf down for 3 losses.
Didiolle, Human DE spoiled the colonizing. Lost a ship to the AM cannons.
Zaniah, Yellow hivers brought 6 DN and cut off my escape. Killed their colony and 4 DN for 3 losses.
Korugodu, Hit an exposed Orange Hiver world 4DE and 1DN. No losses and 400 mil killed.
Deep Space, picket down. Managed to escape.

Turn 145:

Out of time so Ill end here.

- A few fleets repaired and Didiolle set to colonize.
- Research done and we got detonating AM torps.
- There are 3 DN fleets in production (AAttack 1,2,3) and some ships headed to join them to provide max speed.
- Our 3 attack fleets are engaged with Orange hivers, Yellow hivers and White tarkas.
- Some freighters moving around.
- There are a few pickets headed to various enemy colonies which need to be stopped in sensor range.

Summary

- Got some AM weapon techs and built DNs
- Colonized 2 worlds and hassled both Hivers
- Hit the Tarka HW
- Building 3 DN fleets. Orange hivers are the most powerful of our 3 current foes so may be a good idea to hit them with the 3 DN fleets first. They are close to farcasting I think.
- Most of our enemies are using energy tech, absorbers would be a nice counter combined with our own energy tech and PD phasers.

ivra

Post by ivra » Mon May 20, 2013 8:52 am

I have just started to play this game again. I'll post the results later today.
A lot of these road signs go missing every year as the tourists collect their trophies. It makes me wonder if this road sign is indeed the most wanted souvenir of Norway...

ivra

Post by ivra » Mon May 20, 2013 4:14 pm

Turn 145
I took the liberty to rename our 3 DN fleets. They are all named after small cute birds since we don't want to frighten our enemies :twisted:. Tractor Beam started in hope of getting a link to the tech above that boosts industry by 30%.

Combat
Mannisi: Attack 2 vs. White Tarkas HW with 21 CRs. No losses and 24 kills, colony almost down.
Zaniah: Attack 1 vs. Yellow Hiver with 6 LDs + 2 DNs. Easy cleanup, no losses.
Korugodu: Attack 3 vs. Orange Hiver colony with 8 LDs + 4 DNs + 1 Command Station. The 4 DNs were killed at a cost of 15 ships.

Turn 146
Didolle colonized. Tractor Beam done, starting Gravity Control. A lot of mega-freighters have been ordered to replace all the old DE freighters. I will try to grab a few of the planets we have taken before moving on. Soon our 3 DN fleets will arrive and they should be more than capable of taking down enemy DN fleets.

Combat
Mannisi: Attack 2 vs. White Tarkas HW with 6 LDs + 5 MDs + 6 DEs + 28 CRs. 34 kills and no losses.
Gianfar: Oops forgot to stop one of our scouts. It was curshed.
Korugodu: Attack 3 vs. Orange Hiver colony with 8 LDs + 1 MD + 1 DN + 1 Command Station. Colony and DN down; lost 1 CR.

Turn 147
Fatha colonized. Gravity Control done, starting Scanner Satellites. I am going for the heart and will attack the orange HW next turn with A-ND02 Chaffinch, and the yellow HW with A-DN03 Wagtail.

Combat
Mannisi: Attack 2 vs. White Tarkas HW with 4 LDs + 5 MDs + 1 DEs + 3 CRs. All clear.
Hmetulur: A-DN03 Wagtail vs. Yellow Hiver HW with 26 Sats + 4 DEs + 15 CRs + 4 DNs. No losses, 18 kills, including 2 DNs.
Malugrogu: A-ND02 Chaffinch vs. Orange Hiver HW with 29 Sats + 16 DEs + 1 CR + 5 DNs. No losses, 18 kills, including 4 DNs.
Korugodu: Attack 3 vs. Orange Hiver with 5 LDs + 5 DNs. 4 DNs killed; lost 3 ships.

Turn 148
Scanner Satellites done, starting on the Hiver language techs. I started to construct a fourth DN fleet at our HW.

Combat
Hmetulur: A-DN03 Wagtail vs. Yellow Hiver HW with 27 Sats + 3 DEs + 7 CRs + 1 DN. 21 ships and colony down, no losses.
Malugrogu: A-ND02 Chaffinch vs. Orange Hiver HW with 25 Sats + 13 DEs + 1 CR + 3 DNs. 25 ships down, no losses.
Epsilon Normae: Our colony took out a human scout.
Korugodu: Attack 3 vs. Orange Hiver with 4 LDs + 4 DNs. Lost 2 ships, took out everything except 3 LDs.

Turn 149
Zaniah colonized. Continue with the construction of the fourth DN fleet. It should be ready in 5 turns.

Combat
Beta Lentilis: Attack 1 vs. Yellow hiver colony with 15 Sats + 1 DE + 1 CR + 3 DNs. 1 CR lost, took out all 3 DNs and the colony.
Hmetulur: A-DN03 Wagtail vs. Former yellow hiver HW with 16 Sats + 1 Trade station. AR.
Antila: Oops one of our scouts ran into the human HW.
Malugrogu: A-ND02 Chaffinch vs. Orange Hiver HW with 25 Sats + 1 Repair Station. 12 sats and 740 mill killed, no losses.
Korugodu: Attack 3 vs. Orange Hiver with 3 LDs. AR.
Rcarurogu: Another oops; lost another scout.

Turn 150
Nothing special.

Combat
Beta Lentilis: Attack 1 vs. Yellow hiver with 8 Sats. AR.
Boristar: Another scout that I forgot to stop.
Ezakis: A-DN01 Bullfinch vs. Orange hiver colony with 3 DEs + 2 CRs + 1 Asteroid Monitor + 1 Command Station. No losses and only the command station and 1/3 of the colony remains.
Malugrogu: A-ND02 Chaffinch vs. Orange Hiver HW with 22 Sats + 5 DNs + 1 Repair Station. No losses and all 5 DNs killed. I only managed to do a little damage to the colony.
Epsilon Normae: Our colony killed a Tarkas scout.
Deep Space: Tarkas destroyed one of our scouts.

Turn 151
Hmetulur and Sharadan colonized. A-DN03 Wagtail is sent to take out some ships heading for the former HW of the yellow hiver.

Combat
Xesodoususe: Our colony killed a Tarkas scout.
Ezakis: A-DN01 Bullfinch vs. Orange hiver colony with 1 Command Station. Ezakis surrendered without fight.
Malugrogu: A-ND02 Chaffinch vs. Orange Hiver HW with 22 Sats + 1 DN + 1 Repair Station. Colony down.
Deep Space: A-DN03 Wagtail vs. 2 yellow DNs. 2 kills, no losses.

Turn 152
Pesulist colonized. It is time to show our cards to the two hiver players. Next turn I will try to make them surrender.

Combat
Mannisi: Attack2 vs. Blue Tarkas scout. AR.
Malugrogu: A-ND02 Chaffinch vs. Orange Hiver former HW with 13 Sats + 1 DN + 1 Repair Station. Only the Repair Station remains.
Deep Space: A-DN03 Wagtail vs. 1 yellow DN. Trying AR this time. It worked, no losses.
Deep Space: A scout was taken out by blue Tarkas.
Deep Space: White Tarkas attempted to take out one of our CR scouts with only 2 DEs, and succeeded. :yell: (I used AR)

Turn 153
The yellow hiver agreed to surrender, the orange hiver did not. Consequently, A-DN01 Bullfinch must attack the 9 DNs heading towards Ezakis in order to save our new colony. Starting on Quantum Capacitors. Ka, Korugodu, Dearon, and Beta Lantilis colonized. The light blue human player is about to enter the yellow hiver sphere and I will try to stop him before he is all over the place.

Combat
Zalso (newly formed colony): A-DN03 Wagtail vs. Human with 18 CRs + 4 DNs. Colony was destroyed, but only one CR remains of the enemy force, and we suffered no losses.
Gianfar: Attack 3 vs. Orange hiver colony with 5 DEs + 2 CRs + 1 Trade Station. No losses. Colony almost down.
Malugrogu: A-ND02 Chaffinch vs. Orange Hiver former HW with 1 Repair Station. AR.
Ord Pardron: Attack 1 vs. Light blue human colony with 20 Sats + 13 DEs + 31 CRs + 3 DNs. Colony down, as well as 21 enemy ships at the cost of 12 of our CRs. The DN CnC barely survived.
Pawtril: Another scout ran too far.
Deep Space: A Guard fleet is attempting to take out 6 DE raiders, and failed. Will try again next turn.
Deep Space: A-DN01 Bullfinch vs. 9 orange hiver DNs. Success, no losses.

Turn 154
Unfortunately we did not get the colonies of the yellow Hiver when he surrendered. Quantum Capacitors done, starting on Elemental Nanites.

Combat
Zalso: A-DN03 Wagtail vs. Human with 10 DEs + 23 CRs. All clear, colonizing the planet.
Kinnison: A-DN01 Bullfinch vs. Orange hiver colony with 2 DEs + 9 DNs. Killed 9 DNs, no losses.
Teon: A-DN02 Chaffinch vs. Orange hiver colony with 2 DEs + 2 DNs. Only 300 mill to go.
Gianfar: Attack 3 vs. Orange hiver colony with 1 CRs + 4 DN + 1 Trade Station. 4 DNs killed, and nearly the colony. Lost 3 ships.
Ord Pardron: Attack 1 vs. Light blue human with 9 Sats + 2 DEs + 1 CR + 1 DN. All Clear.
Deep Space: Attack 2 had to save the biomes and guard fleet heading towards Mannissi from a tarkas fleet of 1 DE + 11 CRs. The ships will arrive safely at the former Tarkas HW next turn.
Deep Space: A new Guard fleet is attempting to take out 5 damaged DE raiders. Success.

Turn 155
Malugrogu colonized. Elemental Nanites done, nothing new started.

Closing notes:
Attack 1 is ready for action.
Attack 2 will arrive at the former HW of the white Tarkas next turn. Once the colony is formed the fleet will get fuel to continue operating.
Attack 3 is currently attacking Gianfar. Note that it only has one single CnC ship left.
A-DN01 Bullfinch is currently attacking Kinnison.
A-DN02 Chaffinch is currently attacking Toen.
A-DN03 Wagtail is ready for action.
A-DN04 Swallow is ready for action.
Trade is maxed except for sector 21 which I believe we need for ship construction in order to colonize all the former colonies of the yellow hiver.
There is definitely enough money (almost 100 mill) to create a new attack fleet if you feel like it.
The orange hiver agreed to surrender to me on turn 155, but this is not saved in the save game, so you need to do the demand surrender yourself. Hopefully, the result will be the same.
A lot of these road signs go missing every year as the tourists collect their trophies. It makes me wonder if this road sign is indeed the most wanted souvenir of Norway...

acastus

Post by acastus » Mon May 20, 2013 11:59 pm

Great work! Looks like this one is almost over. I will play a few turns.

acastus

Post by acastus » Tue May 21, 2013 3:26 am

T155: I asked the orange Hiver to surrender and they refused. I asked them again and they agreed. That is a cool trick. Starting Tarka xeno techs.

Squished 1 Tarka DE at Aeusi.
Human fleet at Vulpeculae destroyed - 31 CR.

T156: Orange Hiver is gone.

Swatted 2 Tarka CR at Mannissi.
Humans lose 1 DE, 1 CR at Ceti 597.
Human colony at Plesstil mostly destroyed along with 15 of their ships.

T157: Our DN fleet at Plesstil needs to leave to save our new colony at Zalso from a large human fleet.

Vaporized 1 Tarka scout at Varirg.
Defended Zalso from Human attack. Destroyed their fleet of 25 CR and 2 DN.
Lost our new colony at Idopid and guard ships to a Human attack fleet with 4 DN.
Destroyed Human colony at Corva and most of their ships.

T158: Mining ships full and returning home. DN ships and support fleets being built at home and at developed worlds near the former Hiver clusters.

acastus

Post by acastus » Wed May 22, 2013 3:02 am

A few more turns...

T158: More Tarka xeno tech research.

Destroyed Human fleet at Idopid - 6 CR 4 DN.
Mopped up Human ships and sats at Corva.

T159: Special project discovered Quark Resonators.

Wiped out small Tarka colony and fleet at Marseneus.
Wiped out Zuul colony and 23 ships at Coleraueria.
Biome takes out a new Tarka colony and 2 ships at Ganath. By itself!
Destroyed Human fleet at Ceti 597 - 14 CR 2 DN.
Clash of big DN fleets at Human world Plesstil. They lost 6 DN and we lost 1 DN.

T160: Started Zuul xeno techs.

Brawl at the Zuul colony Uscicadus. We destroy 43 CR but lose 2 DN.
Take out the Human colony at Ilia and its fleet of 21 small ships.
Destroyed 26 Human ships at Plesstil. Colony remains.
Destroyed white Tarka fleet of 5 CR 2 DN in deep space heading for one of our colonies.

T161: More Zuul xeno techs.

Destroyed 37 ZUul ships at Uscicadus and most of the colony.
Crushed 2 Human DN at Plesstil.

T162: Blue and white Tarka both surrender and we get their systems. I fixed the sliders on all the inherited worlds. Only a few turns left in this game until victory.

ivra

Post by ivra » Sun May 26, 2013 6:48 am

It doesn't seem like anyone else likes to take a go at this, so I will play another 10 turns and see how far I get.

ivra

Post by ivra » Sun May 26, 2013 8:12 am

I did it quick and dirty with the following result:
Turn 165: Zuul surrendered.
Turn 170: Human surrendered.

It was a fun game. Given the start condition I had experienced a much more difficult game. I guess that because we went on the offensive quickly the AIs got on the defensive and almost never attacked us.

acastus

Post by acastus » Mon May 27, 2013 1:25 am

Nice work by everyone. We built momentum quicker than I anticipated and steamrolled the AIs.

R2dical

Post by R2dical » Mon May 27, 2013 7:24 pm

Yeah looks like this is pretty much wrapped up, it was a fun game!

I think the combination of our race, map shape and the fact that we had 2 hivers next door allowed us to take the offensive. The hivers never got time to hit farcasting with our early attacks even on hard AI. If we had humans or zuul in their places it would have been a very different game!

Return to “T.A.R.”