You know...

Tactics and Action Reports.
DervMan

You know...

Post by DervMan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:41 am

You know, I still love Sword of the Stars. I don't get many hours for gaming these days (and I haven't for over a year meh) but when I do, it's almost solely invested into :sots1: :bob: :amoc: :any: and I'm cool with this.

I also love writing and sharing my gaming, but setting up and keeping a TAR up to date is time consuming. Writing it isn't the issue, but hosting / formatting is. Perhaps I am just lazy... :oops:

How do the contributors keep it real, keep it swift, keep it easy to upload your TARs?

balti knights

Re: You know...

Post by balti knights » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:59 pm

Just been staring at the Lincolnshire stars Derv. and was a thinking..

I should have a chat with a mate from Hull soon. If he's up for it I thinking of putting together a very long term RPG / TAR using the mars engine but not based in the sotsverse...... if it became a reality would you be up for it?

;)
The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke.

DervMan

Post by DervMan » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:13 pm

Possibly... ;)

Time is always going to be a stumbling block but yes!

balti knights

Post by balti knights » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:19 pm

8)
The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:11 am

DervMan wrote:How do the contributors keep it real, keep it swift, keep it easy to upload your TARs?

I just keep upload my pics to these forums. I keep it to more than 3 pics per post. If necessary I'll break a post into more than one part if I have more pics than that, but I try to just choose the most interesting pics.

I had a fun moment in my game this evening. So I have a Zuul fleet incoming to attack my new colony, they have 18 cruisers and 8 destroyers, I have 1 CnC cruiser, 30+ emitter destroyers, and a handful of Biomes I am planning to land. No problem, emitters have always been enough to toast Zuul fleets in the past this game, they seem to be missing armour techs and are flimsy to start with. It doesn't help they are using mostly missiles... with basic nuclear warheads.

The interesting thing is, Mr. Neumann decides to show up in the middle of the fight. He spawns right between my fleet and the Zuul. So I am thinking, with all my emitters to vape the probes, this must be a bad day for Mr. Neumann. Sure enough, I get about 15+ probes headed my direction off the bat while the Zuul start charging at the VN's backside, firing a monster wave of missiles as they do. I don't see what happens there but I assume the VN takes a boatload of damage; I am too busy making sure all those probes don't get a chance to snack on my DDs.

As soon as the emitters clean out the probes, I start moving up; I need to get to grips with the Zuul fleet and I figure the VN won't be an obstacle much longer whether I really want it dead or not. I start my fleet forward and then focus my view on the VN so I can see how well the Zuul are doing at pasting it, just in time to see another burst of missiles. Which the VN promptly obliterates with an absolute frenzy of phaser PD fire. In fact it hardly looks scratched at all, has maybe one plasma flare. It calmly spits out another couple probes, which the Zuul cruisers steaming in can do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about. They have like 3 green lasers apiece; everything else is missiles, which just get shot down upon launch. So just before my fleet cruises into firing range, the VN soaks up a couple Zuul cruisers and gets the heck out of dodge.

My fleet then proceeded to eliminate the remaining 16 Zuul cruisers and 8 destroyers for no losses... but they did it with a smile and a tip of the hat to Mr. Neumann as he made his way out the door. :lol:
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Return to “T.A.R.”