Anyone Any Time - Zero Losses

Tactics and Action Reports.
acastus

Re: Anyone Any Time - Zero Losses

Post by acastus » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:28 pm

40: Kaa'Vaalu: 21 Tarka DEs destroyed.

41: Polysilicate alloys completed. Salvage tech started. I am beginning to scrap DE attack ships at home to replace them with CRs.

42: Nunki: Destroyed Morrigi colony and 9 DEs.

43: Salvage tech completed. Asteroid mining started.

46: Ezakis: Destroyed 14 Liir DEs.
Zhunhau: Destroyed 16 Zuul DEs.

48: Asteroid mining completed. Fusion started.

49: Wazn: Destroyed 8 Zuul DEs.

We have a small fleet with 4 CRs arriving in 2 turns at a Tarka colony defended by 51 DEs. I'm not sure if that is a battle that is winnable without taking a loss but it is probably worth trying.
Last edited by acastus on Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ivra

Post by ivra » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:46 pm

So far so good :D

acastus wrote:We have a small fleet with 4 CRs arriving in 2 turns at a Morrigi colony defended by 51 DEs. I'm not sure if that is a battle that is winnable without taking a loss but it is probably worth trying.

Regarding the note that you have attached to this fleet: "Might have to abandon this fight". You are not allowed to scuttle this fleet, but you might stop it or send it in return to one of your colonies.
A lot of these road signs go missing every year as the tourists collect their trophies. It makes me wonder if this road sign is indeed the most wanted souvenir of Norway...

acastus

Post by acastus » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:22 pm

ivra wrote:So far so good :D
Regarding the note that you have attached to this fleet: "Might have to abandon this fight". You are not allowed to scuttle this fleet, but you might stop it or send it in return to one of your colonies.

Right. I meant turn back but I pressed on anyway :). I continued toward the Tarka colony at Ko'Haathra with our small gate fleet of 1 DE CNC and 4 CR attack ships (only able to command 3 CRs at a time). The Tarka were defending with over 60 DEs. I stayed back during the first round and took out the one wave of Tarka DEs that got close. The next turn our gate was deployed and I managed to defend it against the one wave that arrived. Our ships took a beating but everyone survived. After that our attack fleet gated in and wiped out everything.

I also spent several turns taking out a well established but poorly defended Liir colony at Baymu.

Fusion completed. Heavy drivers started and over-budget.

So far all seems to be going well. I have scrapped most of our old DE attack ships and replaced them with CRs. A few CR attack fleets are en-route to AI colonies. Humans have fusion somehow so they are a threat that needs to be neutralized. We need better weapons before AI teams get CRs since they are almost matching our old UV laser tech. Luckily our photon torpedoes are still deadly in AR against AI DEs - though that might not last much longer.

I would encourage any new players lurking around to continue a few turns. Our position is strong and it would be hard to mess things up at this point.

acastus

Post by acastus » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:10 am

I will continue a few more turns.

ivra

Post by ivra » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:39 am

acastus wrote:I will continue a few more turns.

Good :) It seems that the interest for Sots Prime has fallen quite a bit. Too bad, I still like it and play it a lot. This particular game is close to an end I think.
A lot of these road signs go missing every year as the tourists collect their trophies. It makes me wonder if this road sign is indeed the most wanted souvenir of Norway...

DervMan

Post by DervMan » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:45 am

I'd love to, but this week I simply cannot put the time into it. :noid:

acastus

Post by acastus » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:52 pm

I went on the offensive and sent attack fleets to remove all AI colonies apart from their homeworlds. I also defended against any incursions on our gated worlds (most of the worlds on the map) to prevent any losses. So there were quite a few large battles during this turn set including a couple of tricky ones where we were vastly outnumbered. Overall, the AI DEs were not up to the task of taking on our armored CRs even when they had the same weapons as us. Here is a summary of some of the AI losses:

Human: Piscium 32, Taosi 28, Hel 46 + colony, Musca 3 + colony, Gaia 78
Tarka: Ke'Grallatan 18, Ke'Moramum 17, homeworld 94
Morrigi: Taosi 53 + colony, Aegina 40 (defending our colony)
Zuul: Xhicos 59 + colony, Shaggai 38 + colony, Shaggai 35 (defending our colony)
Liir: Buunen 18 + colony, Shiimo 76 (defending our colony), Cuthbert 22 + colony, Mo'noshu colony

For research I picked up magnoceramics for our attack ships. I got a few missile techs to aid the defense of Shiimo and the planetary missiles were brutal against the Liir. For wrapping up the game I'm going through the xeno techs to get the AIs to surrender.

Zuul surrendered. Humans surrendered. Liir surrendered on their own. Tarka eliminated. Only the Morrigi remain. There are just a few turns left in this game. The Morrigi have 17 DEs one turn out from our colony at Xhicos.

acastus

Post by acastus » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:24 pm

I finished the last few turns mostly researching Morrigi xeno techs and asking them to surrender. Victory with no losses. Thanks to ivra for this interesting scenario and to ZedF for the great start in the initial turn set. Since this was my first game using Hivers, I would have floundered trying to figure out how to play them effectively. I'm glad ZedF set up a good example of the strategy so it wasn't too hard to figure out and continue.

I really enjoyed the challenge of this scenario. Trying to balance aggressive expansion with the caution of minimizing risk of loss made for interesting strategic decisions in terms of the research path and battle plans. It was definitely a departure from my usual tactics. The toughest (most fun?) battle was the initial assault of the Tarka homeworld where my CRs were engaging the second wave of Tarka DEs after dispatching the first attack wave. I thought I had taken out their CnC and was blasting the remaining ships when I noticed they seemed to have just as many ships as before despite their losses. Apart from being surrounded by a cloud of Tarka DEs, I also noticed my CnC had drifted out of position slightly and was under heavy fire. I picked off their CnC and was rapidly blasting away DEs when the front section of my CnC exploded. My attack ships took out all the DEs and were engaging the third Tarka wave. I don't know how the CnC survived but I was relieved when the timer finally hit zero.

ivra

Post by ivra » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:06 am

Cool!

Glad you had fun. I like to come up with a variant when I start a new game to make the game a little different from a standard game.

I am not sure you got the correct feeling for playing as Hiver in this game... The exploration fleets were much bigger than they use to be. :D Hiver is my favorite race, I play them a lot. I like the exploration part and the fact that I can protect all my planets with just a few combat fleets. As Hiver I normally go on the offensive in the fusion era with APMDs and PDs, using brute force. Ok, they have seen my arrival for 10 turns but that does not change the fact that I am going to win the battle :D (Disclaimer: I play against the AI) Later, when I have farcasters and DNs attacking is quite quick.

Return to “T.A.R.”