SG - New Interest

Tactics and Action Reports.
ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Re: SG - New Interest

Post by ZedF » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:04 pm

Also note our brawlers with AM cannons and heavy AM cannons and cutting beams will make short work oh deflector sections so the Impactors can get hits. ;)
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

skibum157

Post by skibum157 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:38 pm

Thanks for the tips. I'll take the the turns and try to get the write up done tonight as well, though depending on how many battles I might have to finish the write up tomorrow.

skibum157

Post by skibum157 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:17 pm

Well there sure is a lot going on. This is the biggest game I've played by far. I only managed to get 4 turns in last night, and ortgay is actually still trying to make it to make it to the center :roll:

There have been so many battles that I've decided to report only the important ones in any detail.
I failed to mention it but during T-129 I began researching Armada cnc
T130

Orange
Wiped a colony with shootemdeadski and wiped a gate fleet out over a dustball

Yellow
Crush a hiver colony at Graffias, no losses.
Defended and wiped Hiver presence from Centhegr
Hiver fleet will be attacking Kaellin in 2 turns. The aptly named defenders fleet waits for them

Dark Blue
Loose Cannons crush a liir colony
Liir Scout meets a quick end at Alpha Piscium

Red
Ascended extras easily crush a lightly defended zuul colony

Light Green
Penetrators successfully defend Atzerri from a small force

Light Blue
old farts crush a morrigi colony

Dark Green
Underdogs wipe a tarkan colony at exhale

Armada Cnc Comes in, and I design an Dreadnought class cnc equiped with a battlebridge command section. I named it Oracle 13.00 though if anyone wants to change that they could redesign it.
I begin pulse Phasors
I order a couple up for the ortgay fleets

Orange
Battle won at Vedis, colony wiped
Gate fleet destroyed over verraco

Yellow
Wiped Colony at Zeregre

DarkBlue
Loses taken at Wirtuy, a mature liir colony, may need to reinforce

Red
Took out AM at Seto, Will need another turn to cleanse planet

Dark Green
Colonizing Lylesm, near front line, but had low climate hazard and the tarka shouldn't be too much of a threat

Pulse Phasor goes overbudget.
I began building oracle Dn's to lead our attack fleets in each arm. Only building 1 or 2 though per arm. will take 2 turns to be constructed.
Ortgay is really taking his time

T132
Orange
Laying seige to Dagobah ( i really love the planet naming) no losses
Wiped G'rho

Alliance First Fleet Bravely holds the line at Narvath against a technologically superior hiver force while the Antimatter ships wait in the wings. Does a surprisingly good job. Only 4 cruisers are destroyed to the Hivers 8. (Partly because the AM ships came in to reinforce. There are still hiver remaining however so the First Fleet will have another chance to prove its worth

Yellow
Defended KAellin from yellow Hiver Succesfuly. I moved the defender fleet to attack Brintooin
Dark Blue
Colony wiped at Iseriste
Battle for Wirtuy Continues, but this time things go much smoother. No more losses though it'll still be at least another turn to kill the colony. Reinforcement are due next turn though.

Light Blue
Steamrolled a morrigi colony at Algara
(autoresolve)

Dark Green
Both Fleets operating in the dark green space managed to easily take out lightly defended colonies (I autoresolved)

Pulse Phasors comes in, and I decided to invest in AntiMatter Projectors. I don't really think we need it, but they seem fun

T133
Orange
Auto Resolved the easy win at Dagobah
wiped another colony at Ochesius

Alliance First Fleet holds it own once again (with some antimatter backup again.) 10 Hiver cruisers taken out to 5 of the Alliance First Fleet's outdated designs. I made an oops though :oops:, They managed to deploy a gate. Theres a pretty sizeable antimatter fleet backing Narvath up though and the orange hiver are not doing so well so hopefully they won't have too much to throw at us

Yellow
Wiped a colony at Brintooin, still some hiver ships alive but I decided to Move the the Ye3-Defenders to attack the adjacent planet anyway
Colony wiped at Krann. No problems. Krans one of the few planets that survived my bombardment with a relatively low Climate hazard, unfortunately it is also on the opposite side of the yellow hiver homeworld. Not that we're pressed for worlds right now :lol:

Dark Blue
The loose Cannons have joined the Comets at Wirtuy. The battle goes fairly well but the colony surived and the liir are moving to reinforce. I think it might be good to keep the loose cannons and the comets together since the comets have lost some ships and I decided to move them both to attack the adjacent planet Stace while the liir are reinforcing

Light Green
Colony wiped at Pyz'Kepran. no problems
Enemy engaged at Pergitor, but the Colony is still alive and I took some loses. I;m pulling Lead Poisoning back to make repairs and mobilize additional ships

Red
laying seige to Fasctu. No losses.

Pioiali- Ditto ^^^

Light Blue
Auto Resolved a battle at Diuste Colony wiped. No losses. The morrigi really aren't putting up much of a fight

Dark Green
Colony Wiped at Curloon.
Colony Wiped at Weri.
The Homeworld is easily within reach, but I've been moving the two fleets around taking out the other planets first.

Another Special Project! Fultons Folly. I seem to be getting one every turn.

My thoughts
Well as I mentioned, the orange Hiver managed to gate Narvath which could be a problem though I imagine we'll be ok
Ortgay is taking his sweet time to get to the center. At the rate he's crawling it might be at least 3 more turns till he makes his announcement.

The Oracle's I requisitioned earlier have been constructed in certain arms. I didn't order one for every arm though so the next player could probably do that. I marked the planets that were building oracles with notes.

It takes a while to get through the turns now cause there are so many battles though I was able to autoresolve about half of them normally but that still left me with 6 battles generally. I ran out of time yesterday or I would have gone farther.
I wish I could have had a go at ortgay but the galaxies so huge it takes him forever to cross it. But we have two decent anti ortgay fleets mobilizing in the center of the galaxy. (I marked the planets the fleets are mobilized at with notes)

I'll have more time this week and this weekend to play, so if ortgay is still around and there's a gap in the playing order, maybe I'll hop in and give him a try.

Trygvasson

Post by Trygvasson » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:09 pm

Nice TAR/game, love the in-depth tactic/strategy discussion parts. Just looked at the savegame - wow that's a BIG map with BIG fleets, just the way I like'm :googly:

Haven't touched this game in a loong time, but damn it's addictive once you've got a good game going! Kudos for hanging in there guys. If anybody feels like throwing a challenge my way, I'm game...

Sorry about OT post, feel free to move/remove :blush:
Brute force. If it's not working, you're not using enough.

kjn

Post by kjn » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:17 pm

Haven't looked at the save in detail, but for human DNs I prefer the assault command section over the BB section, while it's the other way around for CRs, where I prefer BB over assault.

The battle bridge has 4 heavy beams and 9 medium mounts, and most of the mediums have relatively limited arcs.

The assualt section has 2 torpedoes, 4 heavy beams, 2 large mounts, 1 medium mount, and 4 small mounts. The two large mounts have excellent arcs, and the small mounts are excellent for PD. The latter may not matter that much for the CNC section, but the rest of the human DN mission sections have a marked lack of PD-capable mounts.

kjn

Post by kjn » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:20 pm

Also, the Hiver gate is deployed on T+0 and can only be used to send fleets on T+1. So if the gate survives a single turn all it means that the Hivers have managed to scout the world. If the deployed gate survives a round of combat you are starting to have trouble, however.

@Trygvasson: no problem, appreciate you like the game and the discussion!

skibum157

Post by skibum157 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:26 pm

I wasn't that sure exactly what I should choose, but I was basing it off of the tactical and turning speed more than anything. I haven't built very many though so it should be pretty easy to make a change. You have some pretty good points.

kjn wrote:Also, the Hiver gate is deployed on T+0 and can only be used to send fleets on T+1. So if the gate survives a single turn all it means that the Hivers have managed to scout the world. If the deployed gate survives a round of combat you are starting to have trouble, however.

@Trygvasson: no problem, appreciate you like the game and the discussion!

that makes me feel a lot better. phew. Though I really wonder what they would be able to throw at us assuming they managed to gate us.

@Trygvasson: Ditto what kjn said! I'm newer to this game than just about anyone here and was glad to find a community for the game. and we set this up to be open so feel free to participate if you're so inclined

acastus

Post by acastus » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:50 pm

It might be worth keeping the gate alive to drain the Hiver ships from their colonies. Their gate capacity at this point is not that large so we should be able to defeat anything they send through, provided we keep up reinforcements.

Trygvasson

Post by Trygvasson » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:40 am

I'd be very intrested in joining in the next SG - this one appears to be more or less a wrap, so I'll let you guys finish what you started :-D

I just started a Progression Wars game(Hard/200% randoms) with the added restriction of a maximum number of colonies per stage. Currently testing how far I can get witt max no of colonies=stage x2. Could this kind of setup be an interesting SG?
Brute force. If it's not working, you're not using enough.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Fri May 02, 2014 12:37 am

Anyone going to be able to continue before the weekend? I will probably have some time then, but not before.
If you want to take on the peacekeeper, now's a good time to get in. :)
Zed's TARs (sample):

ivra

Post by ivra » Fri May 02, 2014 10:29 am

I have grabbed the game and will do a few turns.
I will intentionally try to keep the peacekeeper alive. If I fight 10+ battles each turn he cannot be everywhere, and we can afford to lose a fleet each turn. This way, the peacekeeper should be available to fight for the next player. To compensate I will create small DN fleets (4NDs+10CRs) that I will use to attack everywhere. I am going to go berserk and ignore the peacekeeper. I will post the result later today (max 12 hours from now).
A lot of these road signs go missing every year as the tourists collect their trophies. It makes me wonder if this road sign is indeed the most wanted souvenir of Norway...

ivra

Post by ivra » Fri May 02, 2014 7:50 pm

Turn 133
I have entered the end-game modus: Crush-kill-destroy, without any concern for taking care of new colonies or garrisoning them. I'll try to make as much damage to our enemies as possible.

Current Fleets
A-Pu1 Home Guard - A destroyer lead zapper AM fleet.
A-Pu1 PK Bane01 - A huge anti Peacekeeper fleet.
A-Or2 Alliance 1st - The former Alliance First Fleet, consisting of fusion ships with obsolete weapons.
A-Or2 Alliance 2nd - An AM cruiser fleet, taking over from A-Or2 Alliance 1st.
A-Or2 Big Stick - An AM cruiser fleet.
A-Or2 Shootemdeadski - An AM cruiser fleet.
A-Ye3 PK Bane02 - A huge anti Peacekeeper fleet.
A-Ye3 Yellow Sub - An small AM cruiser fleet.
A-Ye3 Defenders - An AM cruiser fleet.
A-Ye3 Sunflowers - An AM cruiser fleet.
A-DB4 Coments - An AM cruiser fleet.
A-DB4 Loose Cannons - An AM cruiser fleet.
A-LG5 Lead Poisoning - An AM cruiser fleet.
A-LG5 Penetrators - An AM cruiser fleet.
A-LG5 Shockers - An AM cruiser fleet.
A-Re6 Red Shirts - An AM cruiser lead fleet with a mix of cruisers and zappers.
A-Re6 Ascended Extras - An AM cruiser fleet.
A-LB7 New Farts - An AM cruiser fleet.
A-LB7 Old Farts - An AM cruiser fleet.
A-DG8 Bigger Stick - An AM cruiser fleet.
A-DG8 Underdogs - An AM cruiser fleet.
A-DG8 Immovable Rod - An AM cruiser fleet.

New Fleets under construction
A-Ye3-DN Catch 22
A-DB4-DN Pandora's Box
A-DB4-DN Nineteen Eighty-Four
A-LG5-DN Big Brother
A-Re6-DN Flight of Fancy
A-LB7-DN Schrodinger's Cat

Another sign I am in clean-up mode is that I used all the money and went 12 millions into the red to order the ships for 4 new DN fleets immediately. Don't worry, will be back above 1 million next turn.

19 Battles
Attacking Terrilepton (Orange Hiver colony): A-Or2 Big Stick vs. 4DEs + 3CRs. Victory.
Attacking Penelope (Orange Hiver colony): A-Or2 Shootemdeadski vs. 5DEs. Victory.
Attacking Visys (Yellow Hiver colony): A-Ye3 Sunflowers vs. 4DEs + 1CR. Victory.
Attacking Sentila (Yellow Hiver colony): A-Ye3 Defenders vs. 5DEs + 6CRs. Victory.
Attacking Stance (Dark blue Liir colony): A-DB4 Coments vs. 5DEs + 1CR. Some satellites remain.
Attacking Ynth (Dark blue Liir Home World): A-DB4 Loose Cannons vs. 10DEs + 3CRs. Only 1 LD remains.
Attacking Alborad (Light green Tarka colony): A-LG5 Shockers vs. 4DEs + 4CRs. Victory. The fleet must remain inactive a turn to repair all damage.
Cleanup at Pyz'kepren (Light green former colony): A-LG5 Penetrators vs. 2DEs + 2CRs. Victory.
Attacking Pergitor (Light green Tarka colony): A-LG5 Lead Poisoning vs. 1DE + 7CRs. Almost done, lost 1 CR.
Attacking Fasctu (Red Zuul colony): A-Re6 Red Shirts vs. 6CRs. Some satellites remain.
Attacking Pioiali (Red Zuul colony): A-Re6 Ascended Extras vs. 4CRs. Victory.
Attacking Penthara (Light blue Morrigi colony): A-LB7 Old Farts vs. 40DE + 5CRs. Victory.
Attacking Visip (Dark green Tarka colony): A-DG8 Underdogs vs. 3DE + 1CR. Victory.
Attacking Bimmisaari (Dark green Tarka colony): A-DG8 Bigger Stick vs. 40DE + 5CR + 1AM. Almost done.
Peace at independent Aeleutheai.
Defending Narvath: A-Or2 Alliance 1st vs. 1DE + 9CRs. Victory. Lost 2 ships of Alliance 1st and will scuttle the rest.
Peace at independent Ntem.
Peace at independent Andoria.
Peace at independent Xylusti.

Turn 134
2 worlds colonized. AM Projector done, starting Translate Zuul (to get War section). Got 2 Special Projects.

19 Battles
Attacking Axeisthesen (Orange Hiver colony): A-Or2 Big Stick vs. 5DEs + 5CRs. Victory.
Peace at independent G'rho.
Attacking Netta (Orange Hiver colony): A-Or2 Shootemdeadski vs. 5DEs + 1CR. Victory.
Attacking Lambda Draconis (Yellow Hiver colony): A-Ye3 Defenders vs. 4DEs + 1CR. Victory.
Attacking Hergenrother (Yellow Hiver Home World): A-Ye3 Sunflowers vs. 30DEs + 102CRs + Repair Station. Lost 12 ships, took out 18 (including gate). The fleet is out of CnC ships, so it is ordered to a nearby colony go get a DN CnC ship. HW almost untouched.
Cleanup at Stance (former dark blue Liir colony).
Cleanup at Ynth (former dark blue Liir Home World).
Cleanup at Pergitor (former light green Tarka colony).
Attacking Ishanna (Light green Tarka Home World): A-LG5 Penetrators vs. 11DEs + 15CRs. Lost 4 ships, took out 10. HW almost down.
Cleanup at Fasctu (former red Zuul colony).
Attacking Alpha Reticuli (Red Zuul Home World): A-Re6 Ascended Extras vs. 17DEs + 4CRs + Repair Station. HW down. 15 CRs will arrive next turn.
Attacking Swarquen (Light blue Morrigi colony): A-LB7 New Farts vs. 5DE + 5CRs. Victory.
Attacking Xythia (Light blue Morrigi Home World): A-LB7 Old Farts vs. 11DE + 25CRs + Science Station + 3xHabitats. 21 CRs killed, HW almost untouched.
Cleanup at Bimmisaari (former dark green Tarka colony).
Attacking Rokwahl (Dark green Tarka Home World): A-DG8 Underdogs vs. 35DE + 23CRs. 2 ships lost, HW down, took out 8 ships. Moving to next colony.

Turn 135
7 worlds colonized. Translate Zuul done, starting Elemental Nanites (since I am colonizing a lot of worlds with only 1 biome).

17 Battles
Attacking Chatuli (Orange Hiver HW): A-Or2 Big Stick vs.219DEs + 54CRs. Lost 6 ships, destroyed 15 and a third of the colony.
Defending at Vaeldra (uncolonized world): A-Ye3 Yellow Sub vs. Yellow Hiver with 2CRs. Victory.
Attacking Henesicai (Dark blue Liir colony): A-DB4 Loose Cannons vs.3DEs + 6CRs. Only 1MD to go.
Attacking Epsilon Pegasi (Dark blue Liir colony): A-DB4 Coments vs.3DEs + 8CRs. Almost done. 3LDs + 4MDs to go.
Oops at Sulorine: Biome vs. 7 satellites (3LDs + 4MDs). I forgot to check if the world was cleaned before I sent the biome. Biome destroyed.
Attacking Dakara (Light green Tarka colony): A-LG5 Lead Poisoning vs.3DEs + 3CRs. Victory.
Attacking Ishanna (Light green Tarka Home World): A-LG5 Penetrators vs. 5DEs + 11CRs, take 2. Victory. There is a lot of ships coming here next turn but the colony is down, so there is not that much to fight for. The fleet is instead heading towards another colony.
Defending Alpha Reticuli (former red Zuul Home World): A-Re6 Ascended Extras vs. 15CRs + Repair Station. Colony down, only cleanup remains.
Attacking Ank Kit'aar (Light blue Morrigi ships but no colony): A-LB7 New Farts vs. 9CRs. Needed to get through here to defend one of our colonies. Done, moving on to defend our colony.
Attacking Xythia (Light blue Morrigi Home World): A-LB7 Old Farts vs. 69DE + 13CRs + Science Station + 3xHabitats, take 2. HW down. Lost 2 ships, took out 16. Some cleanup to do before moving on.
Attacking Tragrud (Dark green Tarka colony): A-DG8 Bigger Stick vs. 85DEs + 14CRs. Colony down, only some cleanup left.
Attacking Lythisth (Dark green Tarka colony): A-DG8 Underdogs vs. 7DEs + 5CRs. Victory.
Defending colony at Sahare from red Zuul: A-Re6 Red Shirts vs. 4 CRs.

Turn 136
The Peacekeeper has arrived. Elemental Nanites done, starting Plasma Focusing (to see if we get the terraforming tech in the industry tree.). 7 worlds colonized. A-Pu1 Home Guard scuttled at our HW. A-DB4-DN Nineteen Eighty-Four ready for action.

16 Battles
Attacking Chatuli (Orange Hiver HW): A-Or2 Big Stick + A-Or2 Alliance 2nd + A-Or2 Shootemdeadski vs.218DEs + 41CRs vs. Peacekeeper. I hope I can get down the HW before all my ships are gone. If so the orange Hiver should be out of the game. Cool, it worked. Colony is down and the peacekeeper is alive. Lost a lot of ships: 73 (including 18 tankers that exploded right after they arrived.) Hiver lost 33 ships. The two other fleets are merged with A-Or2 Big Stick.
Attacking Saphrona (Yellow Hiver colony): A-Ye3 Defenders vs. 10DEs + 6CRs + Repair Station. Only 2CRs + Repair Station to go.
Attacking Brintooin (Yellow Hiver gated planet): A-Ye3 Yellow Sub vs. 12DEs + 10CRs. Victory.
Cleanup at Henesicai (former dark blue Liir colony).
Cleanup at Epsilon Pegasi (former dark blue Liir colony).
Attacking Vodran (Light green Tarka colony): A-LG5 Penetrators vs. 4DEs + 4CRs. Some cleanup remains.
Attacking Atik (Light green Tarka colony): A-LG5 Lead Poisoning vs. 3DEs + 2CRs. Only 1 LD to go.
Cleanup at Alpha Reticuli (former red Zuul Home World).
Cleanup at Shononu.
Cleanup at Xythia (former light blue Morrigi Home World).
Attacking Kreeling (Dark green Tarka colony): A-DG8 Underdogs vs. 3DEs + 3CRs. Victory. Lost 1 ship because the planet missiles took out the engine and the ship was not able to stop its forward movement and crashed into the planet.
Heavy cleanup at Tragrud (former dark green Tarka colony): A-DG8 Bigger Stick vs. 74DEs + 13CRs. Done, but lost 1 ship.

Turn 137
2 worlds colonized. Plasma Focusing done and we did not get the link. Starting Photonic Torpedo (to see what it opens up). A-Ye3-DN Catch 22, A-DB4-DN Pandora's Box ready for action.

19 Battles
Cleanup at Saphrona (former yellow Hiver colony).
Attacking Stidus (Yellow Hiver colony): A-Ye3 Yellow Sub vs. 5DEs + 5CRs. Victory.
Attacking Kinnison (Dark blue Liir colony): A-DB4 Loose Cannons vs. 5DEs + 9CRs. Some cleanup remains.
Attacking Luurwuni (Dark blue Liir colony): A-DB4 Coments vs. 11DEs + 9CRs. Some cleanup remains.
Cleanup at Vodran (former light green Tarka colony).
Attacking Storthus (Light green Tarka colony): A-LG5 Shockers vs. 7DEs + 4CRs. Cleanup remains.
Cleanup at Atik (former light green Tarka colony).
Cleanup at Minkar (former red Zuul colony).
Defending Alpha Reticuli (former red Zuul Home World, now our colony) from a single cruiser.
Attacking Nigel (Light blue Morrigi colony): A-LB7 New Farts vs. 6DEs + 4CRs. Victory.
Attacking Cronium (Light blue Morrigi colony): A-LB7 Old Farts vs. 4DEs + 5CRs + Sensor Station + 3xHabitats. Cleanup remains.
Attacking Pithecus Majoris (Dark green Tarka colony): A-DG8 Underdogs vs. 43DEs + 33CRs vs Peacekeeper. A-DG8 Underdogs destroyed. Unfortunately it did not manage to destroy the colony.
Attacking Yliallis (Dark green Tarka presence): A-DG8 Immovable Rod vs. 7DEs + 6CRs. Victory.
Attacking Rokwahl (former dark green Tarka HW): A-DG8 Bigger Stick vs. 27DEs + 23CRs. Needed to go through here to get to where I wanted to go. Almost done. Moving on to attack Pithecus Majoris once more.
Defending Atzerri colony from a single light green Tarka cruiser.

Turn 138
The Kyzan Domain (orange hiver) is eliminated. Photonic Torpedo done, starting Gluonic Torpedo. 4 worlds colonized. A-LB7-DN Schrodinger's Cat ready for action.

22 Battles
Attacking Thutusic (Yellow Hiver colony): A-Ye3 Yellow Sub vs. 3DEs + 1CR + Asteroid Monitor + Repair Station. Only Repair Station left.
Attacking Indi (Yellow Hiver colony): A-Ye3 Defenders vs. 38DEs + 1CR + Repair Station. Lost 1 ship, only Repair Station + 4DEs to go.
Attacking Babali (Yellow Hiver colony): A-Ye3 Sunflowers vs. 4DEs + 11CRs + Repair Station. Repair Station + 1DE + 2CRs to go.
Attacking Hergenrother (Yellow Hiver Home World): A-Ye3-DN Catch 22 vs. 29DEs + 88CRs + Repair Station vs. Peacekeeper. A-Ye3-DN Catch 22 is no more... Did not manage to get close enough to the colony to do any harm. Hiver lost only 8 ships since the Peacekeeper was much more interested in taking out my ships than his.
Attacking Wirtuy (Dark blue Liir colony): A-DB4-DN Nineteen Eighty-Four vs. 87DEs + 50CRs. Liir had just too many ships. Lost 3 DNs, but managed to take out 28 CRs. Fleet is retreating for replacement ships.
Cleanup at Kinnison (former dark blue Liir colony).
Attacking Lir (Dark blue Liir colony): A-DB4-DN Pandora's Box vs. 3DEs + 3CRs + Asteroid Monitor. Some cleanup remains.
Cleanup at Luurwuni (former dark blue Liir colony).
Cleanup at Storthus (former light green Tarka colony).
Attacking Zerox (Light green Tarka colony): A-LG5 Penetrators vs. 68DEs + 12CRs. Lost 2 ships, but took out the colony. A lot of cleanup remains.
Random encounter at Siphe: A-LG5 Lead Poisoning vs. Swarm. Victory.
Attacking Xzintus (Red Zuul colony): A-Re6 Ascended Extras vs. 13DEs + 5CRs. Cleanup remains.
Cleanup at Schultz (former red Zuul colony).
Cleanup at Cronium (former light blue Morrigi colony).
Attacking Epsilon Muscae (Light blue Morrigi colony): A-LB7-DN Schrodinger's Cat vs. 54DEs + 10CRs. Some cleanup remains.
Attacking Tathor (Dark green Tarka colony): A-DG8 Immovable Rod vs. 27DEs + 4CRs. Some cleanup remains.
Attacking Pithecus Majoris (Dark green Tarka colony): A-DG8 Bigger Stick vs. 42DEs + 23CRs. A lot of cleanup remains.

Turn 139
3 worlds colonized. Gluonic Torpedo done, starting Kelvinic Torpedo. A-LG5-DN Big Brother and A-Re6-DN Flight of Fancy ready for action. I am not starting any new attacks this turn. Will explain later.

16 Battles
Cleanup at Thutusic (former yellow Hiver colony).
Cleanup at Indi (former yellow Hiver colony). VN decided to attack this world. I am trying AR to see how that works. It worked great.
Cleanup at Babali (former yellow Hiver colony).
Cleanup at Lir (former dark blue Liir colony).
The Peachkeeper is helping me clean up Zerox. :) But I am a little disappointed: He only managed to take out 30 enemy ships. The fleet A-LG5 Penetrators lost 37 ships including all its CnC ships.
Cleanup at Xzintus (former red Zuul colony).
Cleanup at Fasctu (former red Zuul colony).
Cleanup at Seto (former red Zuul colony).
Cleanup at Epsilon Muscae (former light blue Morrigi colony).
VN visited Onoiaca (a colony with garrison fleet). No problem
VN visited Zeausy (a rock). Lost the old ER stationed here.

Turn 140
Vaanu Hanakuum (Dark Green Tarka) is eliminated. Kelvinic Torpedo researched. Nothing new is started. 6 world colonized.

Closing Notes
I have not engaged the peacekeeper on purpose. I have fought it many times before and have saved him for someone who would love to try. I think we have to avoid all combat with other players in order to get the peacekeeper to notice our two huge anti-peacekeeper fleets stationed at Ugorngilanglia (It has a note). The fleets are gathered there so that whoever decides to take on the peacekeeper can decide where to fight him. Here at the colony or at a nearby rock.

SG140.sav
A lot of these road signs go missing every year as the tourists collect their trophies. It makes me wonder if this road sign is indeed the most wanted souvenir of Norway...

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Fri May 02, 2014 9:36 pm

I think you are correct about avoiding combat; he'll prioritize attacking fleets over those that are just big. To be certain you could send our other fleets to trade sectors as I don't think he'll attack there. But then you would need to re-organize them after Ortgay is eliminated and you bring them out of the trade sectors.

I've taken care of Ortgay before so anyone else who wants him should feel free to jump in.
Zed's TARs (sample):

acastus

Post by acastus » Sat May 03, 2014 12:14 am

Very nice work ivra! I can take a couple of turns tonight.

acastus

Post by acastus » Sat May 03, 2014 3:23 am

I pressed the attack despite the presence of the Peacekeeper. Lots of AI colonies went down in these two turns but I also lost a few of fleets, including one to the Peacekeeper. But I got my revenge against the Peacekeeper on the second turn at the yellow Hiver colony of Darepp. My fleet, A-Ye3 Defenders, started close to the planet and the Peacekeeper was on the left side. I retreated my CNC off to the right and left a few ships to tackle the Peacekeeper. He destroyed 5 CRs but then parked in front of the planet and allowed one remaining blazer to blast him. I think he was trying to use point absorbers along the plane but the blazer was well above the plane and firing down on him. Meanwhile, I reformed a line of impactors near the CNC and rained kinetic death upon him. It took surprisingly long but the Peacekeeper went down. That is the first time I have defeated him. I usually hide my fleets and wait for him to leave.

There are probably only a few more turns left if someone wants to finish this out.

Return to “T.A.R.”