Tactics and Action Reports.
ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Re: SotS1 SG17

Post by ZedF » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:21 am

T100

Overview:
- Prune out a few ship designs that don't make much sense and/or are obsolete. Grav DDs are expensive non-combatants and don't need upgrades. I'm not sure upgrades on scout DDs are really that worthwhile either; our Spy stealth design already has recombinant if we really need that for some reason. Changed the names on our cruiser designs to put the flavour sobriquet after the functional name. Without heavy mass drivers, war cruisers are strictly inferior to armour cruisers, but I think this design is more to preserve the name for later use when we do get the big guns.
- Fleet formations look like they are placing our armour cruisers behind our destroyers, whereas I think it should be the other way around. The cruisers are easier to replace from an I/O and cost-efficiency standpoint, and more resilient. The relatively fragile war destroyers especially should be hiding behind them, not exposed in front. I rearrange formations accordingly. Also our fleets are woefully short on tankers/refinieries, so I will try to fix that during my turns.
- We should have a lot more freighters by this point, so this will have to be one of my priorities this round. I start construction at the homeworld, its sector should be relatively safe from harassment.
- Tech-wise, as Ivra mentioned we are researching Asteroid Mining, which probably wouldn't be my first choice right now (just building mass freighters in rear areas will give a bigger econ boost) but is at least worth getting and is close enough to completion that it should be finished soon. Moreover this is less of an awkward choice than it might normally be as we do have +150% research so it's better value than normal. Both Zuul have fusion warhead now so it would be a good time to grab PD, but we also want biomes for re-establishing lost colonies and/or grabbing new ones, deep scan so we don't need to rely so much on scouts everywhere, and probably heavy drivers or bursters so our war cruisers are useful. That said I probably won't have funds for a lot of tech on my turns if I am focusing on building up our economy, so I doubt I'll be able to get more than 1-2 of those.

Interturn:
- Prion - kill a bore fleet, lose no ships but take some damage. Zuul missiles have some teeth to them now.

T101

Asteroid Mining completes, I choose PD next. Scouts moving to check out Zuul worlds which might have colonies. Re-colonize Xhakilda. Send A06 Splendid Isolation to recapture Mitrou since there are few Zuul there at the moment. A03 Massive Illusion heads to Ilona to defend against a bore fleet.

Interturn: Discover Zuul colonies at Medea, Melnitz, and Yith. Might be able to kill the one at Yith with scouts. Medea is right in our back yard and is one where I've killed baby Zuul colonies before but obviously folks have not been paying attention there to keep re-scouting it as it's now fully mature. Defend Prion from another bore fleet of 2 CA + bore + tanker for no losses.

T102

Most of our scouts are being chased away -- this is what the Spy design is for, hanging out in deep space observing enemy traffic, so we ought to have been building more of these. Well we should be able to get Deep Scan in the next couple turnsets so it might be moot now. Death Room gets repaired and heads to Lefkandi to get reinforcements.

Interturn: Mitrou - A06 Splendid Islolation kills 1 enemy cruiser & destroys the baby Zuul colony. Work on killing Yith with a scout.

T103: Colonize Prion. Not too much happening otherwise this turn.

Interturn: Mitrou - A06 Splendid Islolation defends from 2xCA + 4xDD. Kill them without losses. Yith colony is finally destroyed by 1 scout.

T104: 24 red Zuul enroute to Mamoru, probably all cruisers or at least mostly. A03 Massive Illusion and A05 Random Band move to defend, the former leaving Ilona unguarded from a bore fleet but Ilona will have half a dozen DDs to defend regardless, which will have to do. Mamoru is far more important than Ilona anyway. Mamoru building more cruisers for defense. A06 Splendid Isolation might be able to help out as well but won't be there for round 1. A04 Death Room attacks a pair of Zuul ships at an uncolonized planet near our homeworld; we don't want the Zuul getting close to our main trade hubs. A07 License to Sing withdraws toward Kumixhos for replenishment. A01 Tick Tock checks out Shoni to see if the Zuul have returned; we may be able to bleed them here.

Interturn: Find two more purple Zuul colonies at Altair and Syrma, both well-defended. Ilona - 4 MassDD + 2 ERs vs. 2 CA + bore + tanker; kill all for the loss of 2 ER, no damage to planet. Enemy using plasma cannon + blazer.

T105: PD completes, start Biomes, but I don't turn on research this turn as I need more ship construction funds.

Interturn:
- Mamoru: A03 Massive Illusion + A05 Random Band + reinforcements vs. Red 12 CA + 12 DD. Use the asteroids to our advantage and eliminate their fleet in exchange for 2 CA + 6 DD, planet takes scratch damage.
- Shoni: A01 Tick Tock vs. Purple 11 DDs. They are all colonizers but we can't easily catch them, will have to auto next turn if they are still here.
- Xhunhau: A04 Death Room vs. Red 2 CA + 9 DD. Destroy them all for no losses.

T106: Mitrou recolonized. Shuffle fleets around for better zone defense now that Mamoru is safe enough for the moment. Spot an incoming purple Zuul fleet of 23 ships, apparently heading for Laertes. We should have enough time to get fleets there for defense and build a few extra cruisers for insurance since they appear to have a rip bore in the fleet.

Interturn: Destroy colonizers at Shoni.

T107: A04 Death Room turns around and heads back to Xhunhau to kill another bore fleet.

Interturn: Kill bore fleet at Xhunhau.

T108: Spot another incoming red bore fleet at Shangsis, A07 License to Sing goes to take care of it. Biomes comes in underbudget, I think we should head for Deep Scan next so I pick Integrated Sensors but don't start research yet as I need to rebuild my bank balance.

Interturn: Nothing.

T109: Spy DDs are helping keep tabs on things, but the Zuul have good enough sensors to spot them if they get within 2 LY of a planet. Instead I've been trying to position them between 2 planets where I have noticed the Zuul have a route I'm interested in knowing about. If they are 2.5-3 LY away from any enemy colony then I think they stand a good chance not to get spotted, whereas regular ERs will definitely get spotted at that range. I expect that getting Deep Scan will give our existing Spy DDs enough vision to monitor ships around colonies if they are less than 3 LY away, and of course we'll likely redesign for deep scan as well.

Spot 38 ships incoming from Hyrakius arriving at Shoni next turn. Discretion is the better part of valor and A01 Tick Tock withdraws to Prion. 13 ships also heading from Syrma to Winath but A05 Random Band is already there and A03 Massive Illusion is also in the vicinity, eta 2 turns. Bad news is the Zuul are arriving next turn down a pre-bored line, so we have very little prep-time and our second fleet will have to play clean up after the first battle round is over, plus there are no asteroids to hide amongst.

Interturn:
- Shangsis: A07 License to Sing vs. red bore fleet 2xCA + 2xDD. Kill them all.
- Winath: A05 Random Band vs. 13 purple Zuul cruisers. Purple Zuul has more dangerous equipment on his cruisers than red zuul does, including light emitters. Kill 8 enemy cruisers and pop an engine section for the loss of 3 cruisers and 6 DDs, and scratch damage to the planet. I used a trio of DDs as bait off to one side of my main force in order to encourage the Zuul not to charge straight into my formation and this helped, as it reduced emitter damage and gave me a shot at enemy engines so as to break up their fleet a bit and not have to deal with all of it at once. I thought I killed all the enemy CnC mission sections but maybe not, I would have expected one more enemy reporting a lost mission section. Anyway A03 Massive Illusion will reinforce next turn.
- Knossai: Run away from a VN.

Overall results:
- Re-founded 3 colonies that had been taken out by the Zuul.
- Improved our trade income by 150% but this could still use more work as it wasn't much to start with.
- Alternatively we now have biomes so founding new colonies is a lot easier than with just DD colonizers.
- We also have PD and I have redesigned our ships to use it... but we still need more PD ships in our fleets.

Notes for next player:
- We have a couple scouts that have been spotted and are being intercepted by the Zuul, take care of them. They can head back to a colony, merge into a fleet to break the enemy intercept, split off again, and head somewhere useful to keep an eye on things. We also have a few scouts laying about some of our colonies that just got back from doing this and can be sent out again.
- Our defenses seem ok overall at the moment but a good chunk of our income is still going into reactive fleet construction to make sure we have solid defenses wherever the Zuul might want to strike. Partly this is to get more PD, partly more cruisers so we have a decent strategic speed. I would really like to shake loose a fleet or two to take the fight to the enemy but our budget is stretched as it is making good on our losses, so I am not sure we can afford it yet. Growing our economy will help with this.
- One thing we can do without compromising too much on defenses is to try to pounce on any bore fleet we see. This will keep the Zuul contained and restrict the planets they can hit to ones we know about. We can do this while taking no or minimal losses and it will really make things easier in the long run. Maintaining a good scout network will help here too.

Map

And the save is here!
Last edited by ZedF on Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

ivra

Post by ivra » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:23 am

ZedF wrote:T104: 24 red Zuul enroute to Mamoru, probably all cruisers or at least mostly. A03 Massive Illusion and A05 Random Band move to defend...
- Mamoru: A03 Massive Illusion + A05 Random Band + reinforcements vs. Red 12 CA + 12 DD. Use the asteroids to our advantage and eliminate their fleet in exchange for 2 CA + 6 DD, planet takes scratch damage.
13 ships also heading from Syrma to Winath but A05 Random Band is already there and A03 Massive Illusion is also in the vicinity, eta 2 turns. Bad news is the Zuul are arriving next turn down a pre-bored line, so we have very little prep-time and our second fleet will have to play clean up after the first battle round is over, plus there are no asteroids to hide amongst.
- Winath: A05 Random Band vs. 13 purple Zuul cruisers. Purple Zuul has more dangerous equipment on his cruisers than red zuul does, including light emitters. Kill 8 enemy cruisers and pop an engine section for the loss of 3 cruisers and 6 DDs, and scratch damage to the planet. I used a trio of DDs as bait off to one side of my main force in order to encourage the Zuul not to charge straight into my formation and this helped, as it reduced emitter damage and gave me a shot at enemy engines so as to break up their fleet a bit and not have to deal with all of it at once. I thought I killed all the enemy CnC mission sections but maybe not, I would have expected one more enemy reporting a lost mission section. Anyway A03 Massive Illusion will reinforce next turn.

I'm glad it worked out for you to defend our colonies. The trick to send a few DEs as bait was neat :-)

Hopefully we can be able to defend ourselves more or less successfully from now on. Deep Scan will certainly make that job easier, so I second the choice of researching it now. I know this is probably not the game to waste money on something that is strictly not necessary, but I see that we have Jammers. I usually research Jammers as well and create a Deep Space Jammer that I put one of on every colony. And I always name it DeepJam :-)
A lot of these road signs go missing every year as the tourists collect their trophies. It makes me wonder if this road sign is indeed the most wanted souvenir of Norway...

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:11 pm

Yeah, though there is that 38 ship Zuul fleet hanging out at Shoni at the moment... not sure where that's going next but we'll need a lot of cruisers to take care of a fleet that size if it's mostly cruisers, which means we'll need a lot of warning when it moves if it's going to one of our worlds.

I think Abyss is up next since we are back on the normal rotation....
Zed's TARs (sample):

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:12 pm

Since we haven't heard from Abyss in the last few days it seems like he might need a skip. Starknight, are you available to take your next turn set? If so and we don't hear back from a Abyss today then I think you can grab the ball and run with it.
Zed's TARs (sample):

Starknight

Post by Starknight » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:23 pm

Yep, I'm available. I'll grab the save.
My Morrigi fleet-speed calculator for SotS Prime
The Holy Lands - Hivers vs. the infidel Liir (and others)
Currently working on getting my board game Dragon Raiders into final condition before going to Kickstarter...

Abyss

Post by Abyss » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:45 pm

Sorry, I've been engaged in Stellaris playthroughs and just checked this thread again. I'll take it after Starknight.

Starknight

Post by Starknight » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:15 pm

All right. The way I see it, my purpose in this turnset is to try and increase our economy while not losing any planets. If possible, I would like to take the offensive to the enemy as well, but that may be asking too much.

Looking at the selection screen, I see we're in second place, with our ally in 3rd. Painful Burden (Liir) is in 1st; his ally, The Enlightened (Purple Zuul) is in 4th. Team Magenta and Red (Rimward Mercs and The First-Born) are 5th and 6th respectively.

Turn 110:

I discover that Kumixhos has no freighters, nor is it building any. I turn off the trade route.

Setting research to 2 turns for Integrated Sensors, will turn down next turn to build cash for ships.

Interturn:

Wester and Xhubasos - Peace w/independents

Winath - 32 DEs, 10 CRs vs. 4 Purple Zuul CRs, one heavily damaged. I put A03 Massive Illusion on the front lines. The Zuul have no CNC left, and are easily taken down with no losses.

Turn 111:

Queue up another MassCA for Laertes, begin adding freighters to our network. Research turned back for more cash.

IT:

Wester and Xhubasos - Peace w/independents

Turn 112:

Opened trade route at Parvati, continue building freighters. Queue up more warships at Laertes.

IT:

Wester, Xhubasos - Peace

Turn 113:

One of our deep-space scouts (an ERG, not a Spy) is threatened by two Liir ships. Think I'll let them hit to get an idea of their capabilities - not that we'll be going after them for a while.

Henja orders up a few SpyDD's to replace lost coverage in the area.

More freighters are ordered for Sector 11, and two new routes opened up - it'll take a few turns to build the freighters but that means the routes should be almost ready by the time the ships are done.

IT:

Wester, Xhubasos - Peace

Deep Space - The two Liir ships are CRs, as I expected. They have Fusion drives, Fusion cannon, Particle Beams and X-Ray Lasers. Needless to say, the scout ship doesn't manage to run away for long enough.

Turn 114:

Integrated Sensors comes in. I queue up Advanced Sensors at two turns. Another CR ordered at Laertes. SpyDD's ordered out to keep an eye on Purple, while to ERG's are tasked with removing an eyesore near Henja.

A colony fleet for Nauplios is started at Korfos.

IT:

Wester, Xhubasos - Peace

Laertes - 18 CRs, 34 DDs lie in wait for 22 CRs and 1 DD of Purple. We destroy 12 CRs for a loss of 4 CRs, 11DDs, and some damage to the planet.

Deep Space (near Badoon) - Liir intercept a scout. The combat ship is a Blazer (Uulani); we outrun it and will attempt to pull them to a fleet for disposal.

Deep Space (between Syrma and Tupile) - Liir intercept another scout. This time the combat ship is an Armor (Ice Storm), and we cannot get away.

Turn 115:

The Liir Refinery ship is known as Regret. Well, let's see if that's true. More Liir are heading for another scout; he runs for Prion, as does the surviving scout from the previous combat. Let's see if they can make it.

A 5-ship fleet of Red is detected heading to Durla, due in 2 turns; A06 Splendid Isolation is sent to meet them.

More Biomes are ordered for the colony fleet, and research is turned down.

IT:

Wester, Xhubasos - Peace

Laertes - 23 DDs, 14 CRs vs. 1 DD, 10 CRs. We take out all of the enemy CRs at a cost of 3 CRs and 1 DD.

Deep Space (Liir intercept) - The Liir are faster than a lone scout; try to outrun in tactical again - and we do.

Deep Space - 2 ERGs vs. a Zuul CR. Let's see what we can do... not much against a BB/Blazer. Time to build a few CRs.

Turn 116:

Queue up more freighters in sector 11 and turn on more routes. Order a couple of MassCAs at Henja to dispatch that Zuul.

IT:

Wester, Xhubasos - Peace

Laertes - AR to kill the bore.

Durla - A06 Splendid Isolation meets 1 DD, 4 CRs from Red. We lose 1 DD destroying the rip fleet.

Shandor - two ship scout element arrives to find 2 DDs, 2 CRs and a colony with plenty of satellites. No asteroids, we run and retreat.

Deep Space x3 - More Liir intercepts. We lose 1 of the three ships, the other two are running for Prion.

Turn 117:

Order a few more freighters in sector 11. Colony fleet dispatched to Nauplios. Replacements for lost ships ordered in Laertes. Ships from Henja ordered out to deal with the Zuul Blazer.

Begin building a new fleet at Shamballa.

IT:

Wester, Xhubasos - Peace

Deep Space x2 - Liir intercepts, keep trying to run... success!

Turn 118:

More ships at Shamballa. Begin ordering freighters at Wundagore and turn up trade routes. Turn back a couple of SpyDDs which had gotten too close, and redirect one sent to an intermediate destination.

IT:

Wester, Xhubasos - Peace

Deep Space x3 - Liir intercepts, try to run... successful once, successful twice, three times! Yay! (I don't know why I'm trying so hard to save these scouts...)

Deep Space - our 2 CRs vs. the Zuul Blazer. Some damage but no losses.

Turn 119:

More ships ordered for the fleet at Shamballa. SpyDDs stopped where they should have been all along. Another SpyDD sent out to rendezvous with the two MassCAs; from there, they are 4.1 LY from the Purple homeworld. The SpyDD can then travel 1 turn towards it and be 2.1 ly out, and the CRs can be sent back and reinforced into a fleet, or used as reinforcements elsewhere.

More freighters ordered in sector 11. Don't forget to turn the trade routes on as the freighters become available.

A01 Tick Tock is ordered to leave station and rendezvous with the nearest scout. Time to start taking out these Liir.

IT:

Wester, Xhubasos - Peace

Deep Space - A01 Tick Tock intercepts. Scratch two Liir ships. Lost 4 DDs in the refinery explosion.

Deep Space x2 - keep reeling the fish in... two on the line still.

Turn 120:

Advanced Sensors goes overbudget. It figures.

Ordered the colonists at Nauplios to land.

I've arranged the replacement ships in the two fleets at Laertes. A few more DDs in each fleet wouldn't hurt, but they're in pretty good shape now.

Everything else is left to Abyss, since we're swapping again. :)

Afterthoughts:
Well, I didn't get to go on the offensive, but I did some scouting and definitely some building that we needed. Trade income is up to 404k from 234k, and will get better as we go on. Please remember to keep building our trade networks as we advance, because we need that extra income.

It definitely looks like we have a decent shot at taking down Red in fairly short order, which is one reason why I started building another fleet on that front. We're paying a fairly hefty price for fleet maintenance, but we can afford it and it will only get better from here.

I held onto all of our planets, denied a Red probe, and even got us a new colony. Not a bad turnset, I'd say.

I'm starting to be in favor of the FC section restriction, actually. It's kind of nice to see laser PD acting almost as effectively as phaser PD. :)
My Morrigi fleet-speed calculator for SotS Prime
The Holy Lands - Hivers vs. the infidel Liir (and others)
Currently working on getting my board game Dragon Raiders into final condition before going to Kickstarter...

ivra

Post by ivra » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:15 am

Starknight wrote:I held onto all of our planets, denied a Red probe, and even got us a new colony. Not a bad turnset, I'd say.

Indeed! Well done!

Maybe Abyss is able to go on the offensive during his turns. I hope so. There are three purple colonies in the middle of our space. How rude! Maybe we can convince them to leave?
A lot of these road signs go missing every year as the tourists collect their trophies. It makes me wonder if this road sign is indeed the most wanted souvenir of Norway...

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:30 pm

Abuss, you out there & ready to take turns?
Zed's TARs (sample):

Abyss

Post by Abyss » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:32 am

I am, turns should be taken care of and written up by tomorrow night at the latest.

ivra

Post by ivra » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:43 am

Abyss wrote:I am, turns should be taken care of and written up by tomorrow night at the latest.

Perfect. I am going away again this Friday and will be back next Wednesday. If you are able to post your turns before Thursday I can do my turns and post the result before I leave on Friday.

Abyss

Post by Abyss » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:26 am

ivra wrote:
Abyss wrote:I am, turns should be taken care of and written up by tomorrow night at the latest.

Perfect. I am going away again this Friday and will be back next Wednesday. If you are able to post your turns before Thursday I can do my turns and post the result before I leave on Friday.

Cool, I'm half way through and should definitely get the save up by tomorrow night so you can take your turns. Sorry for the delay, this summer has been oddly busy.

Abyss

Post by Abyss » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:29 am

Alright, I did a bit of war.

T120: Bought some freighters and some warships.

IT: Liir CR patrol destroyed, avoided another Liir patrol

T121: Research still overbudget, turned it up a bit to get it to finish. Nauplios colony established. Built more freighters at Orxhmenos. 1 Purple Zuul ship noticed SpyDD, must have Deep Scan themselves.

IT: Avoided Liir CR patrol, VN at Prism destroyed our ER there.

T122: Deep Scan tech acquired, started to build some DSDDs and DSSpyDDs. Opted for Heavy Drivers over Fusion, but research is less of a priority at this time so it's low. Terraforming at Mitrou completed.

T123: Sensors show that the pink humans have a 13 ship fleet in our territory, going through Red Zuul's planets. I keep an eye on this, most likely to be all CRs. Splendid Isolation will attack Shandor - a red Zuul colony.

IT: Massive Illusion gets rid of another Liir patrol fleet.

T134: Build some ships at Mitrou, finished infrastructure. A fleet will be sent to Scaramouche to get rid of it (Red Zuul colony). Deep Scan scouts are getting into position.

IT: Shandor destroyed, Liir CR patrol destroyed, Zuul ship in deep space destroyed.

T125: Human Fleet of 13 CRs incoming to Mamoru, our fleet is 3 turns out, so we'll have to wait. Not much there at Mamoru except 4CRs and 1DD to defend.

IT: Mamoru was lost, tried to defend in an asteroid but their weapons were too powerful. They definitely have Magnoceramics in addition to Heavy Plasma Cannons, Fusion Cannons, and Xray lasers. On the bright side, the purple colony Hesperus was taken out and that fleet is on its way to Aditi to take care of it.

T126: Rebuilt some ships, Biome CRs started at Baltar.

IT: nothing of note

T127: Massive Illusion now bolstered to 14 CRs, want to head to Syrma but Purple have a lot of CRs at Medea and are one jump away from reinforcement. Might need to build up even more to take them out.
Medea (Purple) Scouted to have 29 CRs and a full satellite compliment
Aaryn (Red) Scouted to have 29 C1 CRs and 17 DDs in addition to satellites.

These two planets are the most densely populated in terms of ships and Cruisers.

Sending Death Room to Scaramouche. Two fleets are now headed to Mamoru to take it back: Random Band and Splendid Isolation. Dream of Stone headed to Melnitz.

T128: Moved around a bunch of fleets.

IT: Fended off a CR raid on Mitrou, lost all the civilian population though. Death Room Fleet on its way to prevent further attacks. Defeated Humans at Mamoru but lost most of Splendid Isolation in the process. It is headed back to Winath for reinforcements. Random Band is staying at Mamoru until Biomes reach it (2 turns). Dream of Stone destroyed the colony at Melnitz - heads to Aiditi since Tik Tok couldn't finish the job.

T129: Built reinforcements, moved around scouts, built some freighters. Research still very low due to all my warring.

IT: Hopeful Audition destroys the colony at Griffin.

T130: Prion completes Terraforming. An 18CR 18DD fleet is headed to Griffin, not sure if you'll be able to escape it in time due to satellites still being at the planet. However, Hopeful Audition is mostly composed of CRs with a small compliment of DDs, so you might be able to make a dent in them. Red's CRs are still not as good as purples, and use mostly missiles or plasma cannons.

In summary:

1. Built a few more freighters
2. Deep Scan researched and scouts deployed. (I do have one that is going across the gap, but just stop it in the middle so it can watch for crossings by pink).
3. Zuul colonies destroyed: Melnitz, Griffin, Scaramouch, Shandor, Hesperus, 1/2 of Aditi
4. Got rid of all but 1 Liir patrol
5. Lost Mamoru, but killed the very advanced human fleet that was there and Biomes are 1 turn out from recolonizing it.
6. Kept a few fleets in reserve and built up other fleets. We do have some fleets that are going to need reinforcement, and some fleets are being held back in case they are needed, but feel free to consolidate them as needed.

ivra

Post by ivra » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:12 am

Cool. I'm on it. Will post my turns later today.

ivra

Post by ivra » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:29 am

Turn 130
Made sure all of our colonies have a deep scan ER as part of their VN defense fleet. It now consists of 3 ships. While two of them lure the two VN probes away the third can be in reserve to lure another probe away in case our planetary missiles take out one. I also started to build biomes at our HW to colonize Yith.

Turn 131
Building some freighters.

Battles
Took out a rip bore that arrived at Mitrou
A08 Hopeful Audition surprised the red Zuul and attacked its HW; only 1 CR, 1 DE and 20 sats were defending it. Thanks Abyss for setting that up :) The CR was a Rending Bore, but it used its deadly weapons on the swarm drones so it could be dealt with without any losses. Colony and ships down, only 5+5 sats remain.
A02 Dream of Stone attacked the pink Zuul HW, encountering 5 CRs and 20 sats. All ships, 3+3 sats and half of the population was eliminated at the cost of 1 DE.
VN attacked Yith. The single ER ran away.

Turn 132
Mamoru re-colonized. Building biomes to colonize Kreelar.

Battles
A08 Hopeful Audition took out the remaining sats as Poha, the former red Zuul HW. Task completed with no losses.
A02 Dream of Stone is continuing the bombardment of Aditi, the purple Zuul HW. Lost another DE, but the colony is down. Only 3+1 sats remain.
A07 License to Sing took out a DE in deep space and got in close to Vazkor to take a look at its defenses. Vazkor is defended only by 2 CRs, 16 DEs and 20 sats, so it's a go... ...except that the fleet does not have any repair ships and almost no range... What kind of a stupid admiral sends the fleet on a mission without checking that everything is ok first? ...so it's back to Laertes to remedy that...

Turn 133
A08 Hopeful Audition is heading to Parvati to refuel before it can continue to attack red Zuul colonies. Building biomes to colonize the two former Zuul HWs.

Battles
A02 Dream of Stone finished cleaning up Aditi.

Turn 134
Finally, Heavy Drivers came in. We have Neutronium Rounds!!! Started on Terraforming Bacteria since we are going to terraform several 400+ worlds soon.

Battles
A06 Splendid Isolation attacked Medea, a purple Zuul colony that we have taken out before. It has only 1 CR and 20 sats. Colony and ship down, 3+4 sats to go, lost 1 DE.
A05 Random Band took out a red Zuul CR in deep space. It also got close enough to Aaryn to take a peek. It is defended by 7 DEs, 2 CRs and 20 sats, so the attack is a go.
Liir sent a CR to take out a scout that had almost crossed the rift.

Turn 135
Building biomes for 4 more former (or to be former) Zuul colonies.

Battles
A06 Splendid Isolation finished cleaning up at Medea.
A07 License to Sing attacked Vazkor, defended by 3 CRs, 4 DEs and 20 sats. 3 DEs, 2 CRs, 10 sats and the colony down at the cost of 4 DEs.
A05 Random Band attacked Aaryn as planned. It was defended by 3 CRs, 11 DEs and 20 sats. The colony was almost defeated (only 267000 imperials remain). Took out 1 CR, 8 DEs and 10 sats with no losses.

Turn 136
Mamoru is fully developed again. Building more biomes.

Battles
A07 License to Sing finished Vazkor, but lost 1 DE.
A05 Random Band continued attacking Aaryn, only 3+3 sats to go.
A08 Hopeful Audition attacked Zenla, the second HW of the red Zuul. It was defended by only 2 DEs and 20 sats. Colony down, only 3+3 sats to go.

Turn 137
I forgot to redesign our ships, but since I have not built a single war ship since the Heavy Driver came in it does not matter. I have only built biomes and VN defending fleets since then, and I am continuing to do so this turn as well. Oh, and yes I remembered to redesigned our ships this turn :)

Battles
A05 Random Band continued attacking Aaryn and completed the job.
A01 Tick Tock attacked Manticore which was defended only by 10 sats. No losses and the colony is down, but 1 sat remains.
A08 Hopeful Audition readied Zenla for colonization.

Turn 138
Oops, the Locust is coming! I'm SO glad that's not my problem :) Good luck ZedF! It was discovered 8.7 ly away from Poha, the original red Zuul HW, which by the way is going to be colonized next turn. Kreelar was colonized this turn. Purple Zuul has moved a lot of ships away from Syrma (7+18 ships are heading towards Altair), so I think it's time to attack it. A04 Death Room will arrive next turn. There are currently only 7 CRs there. A03 Massive Illusion will move to Winath in case they are heading there.

Battles
A04 Death Room vs. Syrma defended by 7 CRs, 18 DEs and 10 sats. Lost 2 DEs but took out the colony, 3 CRs, 13 DEs and 3 sats.
A01 Tick Tock took out the last LD at Manticore.
A02 Dream of Stone arrived at Karugar defended by only 10 sats. All clear.

Turn 139
Poha colonized. The Locust is 7.7ly away so apparently it moves 1ly per turn (I had forgotten how fast it moved). There are 8 turns to prepare, but I have no idea how to defeat it. Refinery bombs? Fire control and gauss PD? Any ideas? I am not doing anything to try to defend it this turn. Terraforming Bacteria went overbudget. A03 Massive Illusion redirected to Medea since the 18 purple Zuul CRs stopped at Altair, a neighboring Zuul colony.

Battles
A04 Death Room vs. leftovers at Syrma; 2 DEs and 7 sats. All clear, colonizing this turn.
ER at Bronson Alpha ran away from VN and survived.

Turn 140
Medea and Yith colonized. Terraforming Bacteria at 147%, Yay!!! None of our fleets have gotten any orders as I leave it to you, ZedF, to use them as you like. Orders have been given to colonize Syrma and Aaryn. Vazkor has a colonization fleet 1 turn out, while the colonization fleet for Manticore is 3 turns away. There is a tanker at both our HW and Tirynas in case you want to build more colonization fleets for other planets that cannot be reached without tankers.

Note: One of the reasons why I did so well in my battles was that I did not fight a single CR CnC ship. Both Zuuls are dangerous if we encounter a real fleet.

Good luck, especially versus the Locust!

Save:
SG17 T140.sav

Return to “T.A.R.”