The setup is as follows:
- 198 stars Pyramid Clusters (self made map) with default start parameters, except:
- All slots are at $1'000'000, 1 colony, and 15 techs
- normal AI
- 8 players, no teams. The AIs are one of each race (except humans - since I have not bothered creating node lines in this map) and 2 random races (which turned out to be 1 Tarka and 1 Morrigi)
- A planet is considered owned by us if it is our Home World or if we have arrived there at some point with a discovery fleet. The only way to lose ownership of a planet is to lose a battle to an enemy AI that wipes out everything we had at that planet.
- A discovery fleet is a fleet that is heading towards an undiscovered planet.
- At any time in the game where every habitable planet we own is colonized, we can send out as many discovery fleets as we like to discover new planets. As long as new planets are not discovered we can keep sending out discovery fleets.
- Once a new planet is discovered we cannot send out new discovery fleets until all discovery fleets arrive and the necessary actions are done.
- When a discovered fleet arrives at a new planet this planet is now considered discovered and owned by us.
- We need to colonize all our habitable planets before we are allowed to send out more discovery fleets.
- Note that if we take control of an asteroid monitor by researching it the planet becomes ours and we must colonize it if possible before sending out new discovery fleets.
- Also note that terraforming techs that make us able to live on a wider range of planets can be researched any time, but once they are in, all new habitable planets must be colonized before new discovery fleets can be sent out.
- Just a clarification: We do not need to colonize everything we can right away. We can wait as long as we like. It only affects our ability to send out new discovery fleets.
- If a fleet runs into an enemy planet and dies, or dies of another reason, that planet is considered discovered but not owned by us. We do not need to capture a colony from one of our enemies before sending out new discovery fleets even if we can create a colony on that planet. On the other hand since the planet is discovered we are free to send any attack fleets to such a planet at any time. If we win the battle the planet becomes ours and we must colonize it if possible.
- If we lose a planet to an AI player, that planet is still considered discovered but is no longer one of our own planets. Thus it will not prevent us from sending out new discovery fleets.
I have put Starknight and Abyss in the first two positions since I think one of you should start the game. ZedF started the previous one, and I would like someone else to start this game since it is based on my idea. Let me know which one of you would like to start and then I can change the player order list if necessary.
Also note that this game is saved on turn 1, so feel free to comment on it. If you think it is important to chance something to make the game more fun, now is the time to discuss it. I can then create a new modified game that we play instead.
The save game is attached below. I deleted all the default ship designs just to prevent us from using them since they were not using the best engine, and since we probably want to name our ships differently anyway.