Number of Players: 8
Human Player: Hiver
AI Players: 7x Zuul on Difficult setting
Initial Treasury: Everybody starts with 1 150 000
Initial Colonies: Everybody starts with 5 colonies
Initial Technologies: Everybody starts with 15 technologies
Random Encounters: 100%
Distance, Size, Resources, Economy, Research all on default settings.
- The Hiver Empire have two artifacts that can be used to terraform and build infrastructure on colonies. One allows them to terraform a colony, while the other one allows them to build infrastructure on a colony. So at any one time only one colony can grow infrastructure and only one colony can be terraformed (the same world may use both artifacts to do both).
- A maximum of two colonies can be under development at any one time.
- If at any time there is more than one colony in need of the same artifact (for instance if both developing colonies have been fully terraformed) only one colony can use the needed artifact while the other colonies must stop colony development. This can be done by setting Trade to 100% or by using the entire IO to build ships. In this situation the second artifacts will remain idle until the colony using the first artifact is completely developed.
- If a colony will be fully developed the next turn, orders to colonize a planet can be given this turn as it will not put the Hiver Empire in a state where three colonies are under development at the same time.
- If a fully developed colony is attacked and suffer terraforming and/or infrastructure damage, it must be repaired using the artifacts. This is the only situation where the Hiver Empire is allowed to end up having more than two worlds under development. The damage should be repaired as soon as possible, but can be postponed as long as the attack is ongoing.
- Any combat, except when defending our colonies or when fighting vs Random Events (VN, Meteor Strike, etc.), where the Hiver Empire is using a fleet that doesn't have at least 20 command points has to be autoresolved.
I will start on my 20 turns and post the save as soon as it is done. Just to inform new players: We usually play 10 turns each, except for the very first 20 turn that is done by the first player. It is up to each of us how much we write during our turns of play.
The save at turn 1: