SotS SG19

Tactics and Action Reports.
ivra

Re: SotS SG19

Post by ivra » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:17 am

Thank you!

Starknight wrote:On the strategic screen, they'll be invisible, unless we have DN scanners (or Sensor Stations, or Asteroid Monitors) and the Tunneling Sensors technology, in which case we have a chance to see them.

On the tactical level, they'll be invisible until they attack if they just have Cloaking. If they have Improved Cloaking, they can attack while invisible. Any level of Deep Scan will reveal them at this time, however. If they are using ImpCloak, you can force-fire (ctrl-click) on the spot where you see weapons shooting from and possibly get some hits on them. (One of my favorite Evil Tricks(tm) while playing Morrigi is to use ImpCloaked Barrage CRs. Fire on an enemy DN group, then hold fire and run. They'll come over and shoot at the spot you were, often times damaging or even blowing each other up.)

I knew most of that with the following exception:
I did not know that it was possible to force-fire in this game...

Also when I think about it, I think it might have been an old fleet without Deep Scan that encountered the cloaked ships that remained cloaked even after firing. That would explain why they remained cloaked.

We have the techs necessary to create the electronic warfare head of our DNs. I think we should add this to our future AM DN CNC ships.
A lot of these road signs go missing every year as the tourists collect their trophies. It makes me wonder if this road sign is indeed the most wanted souvenir of Norway...

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:15 pm

Well I certainly can't take a turn set tonight. Go ahead and put me on auto-skip until this busy period clears up. I will post a 'got it' if I can jump in and take a set of turns.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Starknight

Post by Starknight » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:20 pm

ivra wrote:Thank you!

Starknight wrote:On the strategic screen, they'll be invisible, unless we have DN scanners (or Sensor Stations, or Asteroid Monitors) and the Tunneling Sensors technology, in which case we have a chance to see them.

On the tactical level, they'll be invisible until they attack if they just have Cloaking. If they have Improved Cloaking, they can attack while invisible. Any level of Deep Scan will reveal them at this time, however. If they are using ImpCloak, you can force-fire (ctrl-click) on the spot where you see weapons shooting from and possibly get some hits on them. (One of my favorite Evil Tricks(tm) while playing Morrigi is to use ImpCloaked Barrage CRs. Fire on an enemy DN group, then hold fire and run. They'll come over and shoot at the spot you were, often times damaging or even blowing each other up.)

I knew most of that with the following exception:
I did not know that it was possible to force-fire in this game...

Also when I think about it, I think it might have been an old fleet without Deep Scan that encountered the cloaked ships that remained cloaked even after firing. That would explain why they remained cloaked.

We have the techs necessary to create the electronic warfare head of our DNs. I think we should add this to our future AM DN CNC ships.

If we want to go this route (which I don't disagree with), we'll need Quantum Chaff and Advanced Dreadnought Engineering, about 5 turns research at our current investment. Then, of course, we'll have to build the DNs to make use of it, which will take more time. But it's not a bad plan.

Unfortunately we don't have Cloaking, which would allow us to do a DS/Cloak DE to add to our fleets; against cloaked CRs, they're very survivable and will let us see the enemy. Maybe one of our projects is Cloaking, or maybe we'll pick it up later; but either way it is of no use to us now. C'est la vie.

The easiest possibility is to include several (say, 6) ScanJam DEs with the DN fleets, and try to keep them at the edge of combat so they don't get destroyed easily - this will require no tech investment (although going for QC and making some ScanWeasels might be a good idea as well). We can fit 2 DEs into our existing DN fleet CP allowance as it is. We might also want to consider adding some PD cruisers so there's something decent to fill any CP bonuses we get; even though our DNs are tough, they're not so good at PD coverage.
My Morrigi fleet-speed calculator for SotS Prime
The Holy Lands - Hivers vs. the infidel Liir (and others)
Currently working on getting my board game Dragon Raiders into final condition before going to Kickstarter...

Starknight

Post by Starknight » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:48 am

Okay, so ZedF said to skip him unless he posts a 'got it'... PaulMcC, are you able to take a turnset now?
Currently working on getting my board game Dragon Raiders into final condition before going to Kickstarter...

Starknight

Post by Starknight » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:48 am

Starknight wrote:Okay, so ZedF said to skip him unless he posts a 'got it'... PaulMcC, are you able to take a turnset now?

It having been 5 days since the last player (other than myself) posted, I'm going to go ahead and take another set of turns just to keep things moving.

Starknight

Post by Starknight » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:34 am

Turn 170:

In order to protect against ImpCloaked ships in the enemy fleets, I queue up more ScanJams to add to the existing DN fleets. Moving forward, I will push for Quantum Chaff and Advanced DN Engineering to get the EW command section available. (That will also allow us to switch to DN Support ships instead of lots of R&S/Refinery CRs, saving gate capacity.) Again, I expect this to be a defensive/building turnset - we need a bigger economy to push more, bigger ships.

A.75-01 Blue Command is sent off to attack Caladan, due in 10 turns. A.75-02 Locust-Killers is sent to beat up a couple of fleeing Zuul CRs at Tully, with the remnants of A.75-08 New Dawn going to join them.

IT:

Volans - 21 CRs vs. our DN fleet. Ugh. We definitely need better PD vs. those nanite missiles. One DN is lost but everything else is saved.

Turn 171:

Ships are moved around and shuffled into their fleets. A new BBWar DN is ordered for ADN.75-01 First Law. Research on AM is turned back to drift and free up cash for Mega-freighter construction. The remnants of A.75-08 New Dawn are shuffled in to A.75-02 Locust-Killers.

I switch Zyrokin to terraforming to allow Soror to finish Infra (a few points needed).

IT:

Tully - 4 enemy CRs vs. A.75-02 Locust-Killers. All destroyed, no losses.

Turn 172:

Soror completes colonization. Zyrokin has both artifacts for this turn; it will finish infra this turn and terraforming next. I will recolonize Altair; with the civs still there, it should go pretty quickly.

New routes are opened and freighters ordered.

Turn 173:

Letting cash rebuild, we were 3 million into the red after my little spending spree. It's okay, we're almost back up to green and will be plenty good by next turn. Biomes are ordered to colonize Thundara next - Sera has a lower CH, but <500 resources, while Thundara has 5726. It should also open up some new trade routes in the heart of our empire.

Turn 174:

Altair is colonized (again). ADN.75-01 First Batch moves to protect it. Biomes sent to Thundara.

Turn 175:

Altair set to build Infra. Biomes ordered to land at Thundara. (Thunder-thunder-THUNDERBUGS HO!)

5 enemy ships are detected incoming to Majipoor. ADN.75-02 Second Law is sent off to defeat them - it's probably overkill, but they might be DNs.

I begin building a new DN fleet.

IT:

Fomalhaut - VN attack. Our ships shoot down the probes.

Turn 176:

More ships are ordered. A.75-02 Locust-Killers goes to defeat a single-ship incursion at Pyyrus - at least, that's what long-range sensors say. We'll see.

A.75-01 Blue Command detects the definite presence of Zuul DNs at Caladan. An alternate target - Chi Fleet 34, just hanging in space - is chosen instead.

IT:

Pyyrus - it is a single CR. AR to remove it.

Majipoor - 5 CRs vs. our DN fleet. AR as well.

Turn 177:

More routes opened, more freighters ordered. Ships are ordered for ADN.75-03 Third Wave.

Turn 178:

More ships ordered for Third Wave.

Turn 179:

AM comes in, just a bit ahead of the revised schedule. I queue up Quantum Chaff at 1 turn (99% research) to give the next player options.

IT:

Deep Space - A.75-01 Blue Command meets 12 Zuul CRs. Two ships are lost but all the enemy are destroyed.

Turn 180:

A.75-01 Blue Command is sitting in space just off of Caladan. It can attack in 1 turn if you want, or you can leave it there to tempt the Zuul to send a fleet after it. You might not have any warning, though; it's only .6 ly from the system.

ADN.75-03 Third Wave is complete, unless you want to add some PD cruisers to stiffen their anti-missile defense.

Ships have not been redesigned with AM engines yet, so that needs to be done. Thundara is only a few turns from finishing Terraforming, so keep an eye on it and Altair. Colony income and trade income have both increased, giving us ~ 1M more income each turn, so we've got that going for us, which is nice. We do have lots of unused trade routes yet, so we should continue to work on that.

EDIT: Now with savefile!

ivra

Post by ivra » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:31 am

Since nobody else has said anything for a week, I will grab the save and do another 10 turns.
A lot of these road signs go missing every year as the tourists collect their trophies. It makes me wonder if this road sign is indeed the most wanted souvenir of Norway...

ivra

Post by ivra » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:36 am

Turn 180
I am going to try to attack Caladan with Blue Command that is only 1 turn away. I also decided to build a few more mega-freighters.

Battles
Blue Command is attacking Caladan, defended by 3 DNs, 8 CRs, and 30 sats: Not that bad; lost 15 CRs to take out 3 DNs and 6 CRs.

Turn 181
Quantum Chaff is still not done (139%). Preparing to colonize two more worlds as the two colonies using the artifacts are soon developed.

Battles
Blue Command is attacking Caladan, now defended by 1 DNs, 3 CRs, 2 DEs, and 30 sats: Lost 3 CRs, 1 DE and the DE gate; took out 1 DN, 3 CRs, 2 DEs, and 7 sats. The colony got a little scratch (60 mill). Will set up the last DE gate and save the CR gate until I have control (if I get control...).

Turn 182
Quantum Chaff done, started Phasers (1 turn) to see if we have PD Phasers.

Battles
Blue Command is attacking Caladan, now defended by 28 sats: The battle went well. Lost 3 CRs and 3 DEs and took out 16 sats and 930 mill imperials. The gate hidden behind a jammer survived so I am sending in a DN fleet to make sure it goes down.

Turn 183
Phasers went overbudget...

Battles
First Batch is attacking Caladan, now defended by 3 DEs and 22 sats: No losses, and almost done, only 6 sats left.

Turn 184
Wow, we got both; starting PD Phasers.

Battles
Cleanup at Caladan.
VN visited Vilani: Managed to take out the mothership.

Turn 185
Researching 100% to try to get PD Phasers next turn.

Turn 186
PD Phasers at 137%. Caladan colonized.

Turn 187
PD Phasers done, starting Advanced Dreadnought Engineering.

Turn 188
Nothing special.

Battles
First Batch is defending Majipoor from 2 DNs and 8 CRs: Victory, but lost 1 DN due to boarding, I think - and 3 DEs since I did not pay attention to the reinforcement queue.

Turn 189
Advanced Dreadnought Engineering done, starting Far Casters and redesigning ships. Starting on the first AM DN fleet at the HW.

Battles
Locust-killers is attacking W'kanda, defended by 4 DNs, 38 CRs, 2DEs and 30 sats: The resistance was too much; Lost all but one CR and took out 8 CRs.

Turn 190
Etos'che colonized. More ships added to the new AM DN fleet at the HW.

SG19-190.sav

Starknight

Post by Starknight » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:06 am

Looking pretty good.

Zed, Paul, either of you up for a turnset?

ivra

Post by ivra » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:17 am

I wonder if it is only us two left. I think you can grab the game and play if you want to. I still think it is fun and would like to keep it going.

Starknight

Post by Starknight » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:24 pm

ivra wrote:I wonder if it is only us two left. I think you can grab the game and play if you want to. I still think it is fun and would like to keep it going.

All right then, I'll do another set. (I already have the save.) Results to come.

Starknight

Post by Starknight » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:34 pm

Turn 190:

Everything looks good, end turn.

IT:

W'kanda - we have one CR, heavily damaged, left to attack. Per rules, AR.

Turn 191:

First round of ships for the AM DN fleet complete, next round ordered. We'll be short cash for a few turns.

As expected, the combat at W'kanda did nothing but reduce our ship maintenance.

Turn 192:

Swap Caladan to Terraforming, Etos'che to Infra for this turn. Begin building Biomes at Bob for another colony or two. I remove the 'Biome_Phaser' design as we have no need for them; there are no colony traps to worry about, and any potential colony close enough to the Zuul should be covered by a fleet until they're not in danger.

Turn 193:

Farcasters goes overbudget.

Caladan finishes terraforming, switching Etos'che back to terra. Caladan will finish Infra next turn.

Sera is the next lowest CH, but with only 459 resources it's not a good prospect. I send the Biomes off to Marshak.

ADN.99-04 Fourth Coming completes. I send it out to Marshak as well. More freighters are ordered for Sector 34.

Turn 194:

Infra completes at Caladan. Biomes are ordered to land at Marshak. Switching Etos'che back to Infra as they are building pop too fast now, with CH under 200.

Two ships are detected incoming to Uxor, eta 7 turns. Freighters are ordered for sector 32 but they will take a while to build.

Turn 195:

Marshak established, set to terraforming.

FarCasters completes, begin research on Accelerator Amplification. Build a round of gates at the homeworld for fleet supply.

IT:

Hyperion - VN come calling. As this is a world we might get around to colonizing, I don't shoot down the mothership.

Turn 196:

Gates sent to Marshak to join ADN.99-04 Fourth Coming, since I forgot to build them before. :blush:

Begin laying hulls for another AM DN fleet.

Turn 197:

Switch Marshak to Infra, Etos'che to Terra to finish off. Build more Biomes at Bob. Lay more hulls for DN fleet.

Second Law and Fourth Coming sent to attack Ixion and Star Haven, respectively.

Turn 198:

Both attacks miscast; Fourth Coming will arrive turn 200, Second Law turn 201.

AA comes in early. I select Elemental Nanites at 2 turns.

Biomes sent to colonize Kozapris. Etos'che finishes development.

Turn 199:

Remaining ships for new fleet - ADN.99-05 Fifth Wheel - ordered.

IT:

Star Haven - ADN.99-04 Fourth Coming (8 DN, 9 CR) vs. 8 CR, 2 DE, 20 sats. Took out 9/10 ships, 8/20 sats, and the colony. No losses.

Turn 200:

Repaired ships at Star Haven - one PD CR still damaged. Shuffled it to the bottom of the reinforcements list. 19 CRs (5 cloaked) and 4 DNs incoming to Star Haven next turn, will leave it up to the next player whether to deploy a gate or not.

Ixion has 6 CRs and 1 DE, plus two full sat rings. There are at least 12 CRs and 2 DNs arriving next turn, plus 15 ships of indeterminate type. On the plus side, the new DN fleet should be ready in two turns.

ivra

Post by ivra » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:48 am

Nice going. I'll do another 10 turns right now. Hopefully, ZedF or PaulMcC can play some this weekend.

ivra

Post by ivra » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:28 am

Turn 200
Just a note on PDScan_APMD .99-01: This PD Cruiser was designed to accompany our old DN fleets. They really need more PD and lack any form of deep scan. I will design a new Impactor cruiser that I will include in our new AM DN fleets. They do not need deep scan and they have enough PD. So adding a few Impactor CRs that can remain behind the front and deal some damage is better, I think.
For research I selected Plasma Focusing to see if we can speed up terraforming even more.

Battles
Fourth Coming is defending Star Haven against 4 DNs, 19 CRs, and 12 sats: I decided to set up a CR gate to force the Zuul to attack that instead of my ships. If it is destroyed I can just set up a new one. After 6 attempts to win this battle and 1 AR (with even more disastrous result) I had to give it up. So instead the fleet was sent towards Altair where it will arrive in two turns. 2 Impactor DNs were just too much...
Second Law is attacking Ixion, defended by 3 DNs, 39 CRs, 2 DEs, and 20 sats: Lost 1 DN and 1 DE to take out the only DN CNC, 7 CRs, and 1 sat. Setting up a gate to continue the attack. It should go well if no more DN CNC ships arrive.
Blue Command is defending Uxor from 1 rip bore and 1 CR - AR: Success, no losses.

Turn 201
Plasma Focusing done, starting Atmospheric Processors. I am going to add a couple of Impactor DNs to our AM DN fleets. The failed fights at Star Haven scared me...

Battles
Second Law is attacking Ixion, now defended by 2 DNs, 31 CRs, 3 DEs, and 19 sats: Lost 1 DE and took out the colony, 4 CRs, and 10 sats. The battle was very easy since none of the 31 CRs were CNC ships.

Turn 202
Atmospheric Processors done, starting Combat Algorithms. Making preparations to colonize Slyggia, a size 6 world with 5800 resources; the best (considering size and resources) world I could find.

Battles
Second Law is still attacking Ixion, now defended by 2 DNs, 27 CRs, 5 DEs, and 9 sats: Lost 1 DE and took out 10 CRs, 4 DEs, and 7 sats. The two DNs did not show up this time either.

Turn 203
Starting to build the third AM DN fleet.

Battles
Second Law is still attacking Ixion, now defended by 2 DNs, 17 CRs, 1 DE, and 2 sats: Lost 1 DN CNC and took out 1 DN, 10 CRs, and 1 sat.

Turn 204
Slyggia colonized. Combat Algorithms at 108%.

Battles
First Batch is attacking Tasia, defended by 1 DN, 2 CRs, 4 DEs, and 29 sats: No losses, took out 2 CRs and 16 sats.
Fifth Wheel is attacking W'kanda, defended by 6 DN, 16 CRs, 8 DEs, and 30 stats: A disaster; fighting 2 DN Impactors is not easy... Took out 4 DNs, 9 CRs, and 6 DEs. Since all my CNC ships are gone the remainder of the fleet will retreat to Slyggia.
Second Law is still attacking Ixion, now defended by 1 DN, 7 CRs, 1 DE, and 1 sat: Finished, no losses.
Third Wave is attacking Wundagore, defended by 3 DNs, 7 CRs, 1 DE, and 10 sats: An almost disaster; not made better by an arriving rending bore that sent one of my DNs flying. I lost 3 DNs, 5 CRs, and 1 DE, but took out 3 DNs, 6 CRs, and 1 DE, so there should not be much left. Since I still have a CNC ship I will continue this fight.

Turn 205
Combat Algorithms done, starting Holographic Tactics. Both Second Law and Third Wave has lost a lot of ships so I will merge them when possible.

Battles
First Batch is attacking Tasia, defended by 1 DN, 4 DEs, and 17 sats: Lost 1 DN, and took out the ships, colony, and 9 sats.
Third Wave is attacking Wundagore, defended by 1 CR, 1 DE, and 10 sats: Lost 1 DE, but took out everything, including the colony.

Turn 206
Continue to build ships for Sixth Sense.

Battles
First Batch is attacking Tasia, defended by 1 DE, and 8 sats: Done.
VN visited our colony at Okek'tet: No problem.
VN visited Galifrey: Huge problem :) Everything was lost. It was an old gjs fleet with green lasers...

Turn 207
Holographic Tactics at 102%. Preparing biomes for yet another world to colonize. I am sending the old fusion DN fleets on attack runs.

Battles
First Batch is attacking Hyrakius, defended by 1 DE and 10 sats: All clear, no losses.
Third Wave is attacking Gotham, defended by 1 DN, 3 CRs, 1 DE, and 10 sats: Lost 1 CR and 1 DE, but cleared the colony. Only 4 sats remains.

Turn 208
Fourth Coming is fixed and ready for action again. Sending it to Beezaro to build some self confidence (there is only 1 ship located there)...

Battles
Cleanup at Gotham.
Fourth Coming made a successful jump to Beezaro, defended by 1 CR, 1 DE, and 20 sats: Self confidence is up to 100% :!: No losses and only 6 sats left.

Turn 209
Holographic Tactics done, starting Cutting Beam. Building more freighters.

Battles
Cleanup at Beezaro.

Turn 210
Deneb colonized.

Summary
This was a fun set of turns. At the moment we have lost 14 DNs and taken out 43 DNs. Some battles are really hard to win and some impossible (see my first battle report at Star Haven). But now that we have DN Impactors too and PD Phasers things are improving a lot. Still, fighting a couple of Zuul DN Impactors is hard since our ships have a tendency to be scattered all over the place, not to mention being destroyed...
Blue Command is the only fusion CR fleet left. I have used it as a secondary defense fleet to take care of small incoming fleets.
Third Wave and Sixth Sense are ready for action. Fourth Coming will be ready next turn.
The replacement ships for Fifth Wheel is located at (or heading to) Slyggia, where Fifth Wheel will arrive in 2 turns.

SG19-210.sav

Starknight

Post by Starknight » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:50 am

Turn 210:

We are now #1 in everything but Technology. I consider building another DN fleet but decide to wait for Cutting Beams to complete while building cash.

Third Wave is sent off to attack Trantor.

Turn 211:

Currently holding Fourth Coming, Sixth Sense, and Blue Command back as defensive forces; First Batch, Third Wave, and Fifth Wheel are on offensive duties. (Well, Fifth Wheel is headed back for reinforcements at the moment...)

Slyggia completes development next turn; I begin building Biomes to colonize Pyyrus.

IT:

Trantor - Third Wave vs. 3 DEs, 3 CRs, 20 sats and the colony. Colony down, about half the sats down, 2 DEs and 1 CR killed on their side. No losses.

Itot'ex - Raiders hit the trade routes. AR (only 16 CP anyway). Enemies killed, no losses.

Turn 212:

Set Fifth Wheel up to do long-range bombardment; we should be able to focus-fire down any Zuul Impactor DNs before we swap out ships and move in to attack a planet this way. I send them back out to attack W'kanda.

Biomes sent to colonize Pyyrus. Gate deploying at Trantor.

Switching Deneb to Infra for now.

IT:

W'kanda - Fifth Wheel vs. 6 DNs, 14 CRs, 3 DEs, 30 sats and a size 10 colony. No sign of enemy ships at first, I stand off and pelt the satellites with Impactor fire. About 1:50 remaining, a single cloaked DE is spotted... perhaps they have no CNC here? Ah, no, here come some CRs as well. No losses, some sats (including about half of the DN sats) and a few enemy ships killed.

Trantor - AR to clean up remnants.

Maltus - First Batch vs. 10 CRs, 2 DEs, 20 sats and the colony. No CNC here, only two CRs in our way. No losses, colony down.

Turn 213:

Continuing on. Thinking about assigning another fleet to offensive duties as I suspect we might have them on the defensive, but for now I'll keep on as I am.

IT:

W'kanda - Fifth Wheel vs. 6 DNs, 11 CRs, 3 DEs, 18 sats. No losses, killed 7 CRs and a half-dozen sats.

Maltus - 4 CRs and 10 sats remain, AR to mop up. Lost 2 PDScan CRs doing so... ah well.

Turn 214:

4 DEs and 4 DNs detected coming in to W'kanda. One CR headed to Kreelar. Blue Command goes to meet them. Third Wave is dispatched to hit Garnet.

Cutting Beams comes in on time. I select Nano-virus next, hoping to get Counter-Nanites - I know the odds aren't good, but we're really into gravy technologies at this point, aren't we?

Ships are redesigned to use the new heavy beams.

IT:

W'kanda - Fifth Wheel vs. 8 DEs, 3 CRs, 9 DNs, 12 sats. No ships lost, killed some enemy DNs.

Kreelar - One enemy CR. AR to remove it with Blue Command.

Turn 215:

I begin to build a new DN fleet at the homeworld. I had intended to start it last turn, but I forgot. It should be ready turn 221.

First Batch sent to attack Hydra. Fifth Wheel took a lot of damage, but killed 5 enemy DNs, a CR, and 4 DEs - including, I believe, the CNC DNs. I put the Impactor ships to the back lines and slot in several other DNs. Two more DNs incoming to W'kanda, but I don't think either is a CNC.

IT:

W'kanda - 4 DEs, 2 CRs, 6 DNs, 12 sats vs. Fifth Wheel. Took out some sats, a few DEs and a DN. Heavy damage to the CNC; we'll see if it can all be repaired.

Garnet - Third Wave vs. 1 DE, 11 CRs, 10 sats. No CNC ships here

Turn 216:

I think we need more repair capacity in our fleets. Adding a third Support DN to each of them will be beneficial, so I begin to lay down the hulls.

Nano-virus comes in on time. No link to Counter-Nanites, alas. I set research to Pulse Phasers at 4 turns.

W'kanda has 741M Zuul left, but no Infrastructure. 1 CR and 7 satellites remain to guard it. 4 DNs, including a CNC, and 3 DEs are incoming this turn. I'm able to repair the CNC fully but not much else; slotting the last two undamaged DNs into the lineup and keeping my fingers crossed.

Deneb finished infra, switching to terra; Pyyrus switched to infra.

IT:

W'kanda - Fifth Wheel vs. 5 DEs, 2 CRs, 9 DNs. Disastrous. All CNC ships and many other DNs lost; retreating. We did manage to kill a few enemy DNs and some other ships, though.

Garnet - Third Wave vs. 1 DN, 3 sats. The DN is a Radiant Bore; killed before it could fire Node Cannons. All clear.

Soror - VN visit to our world. Probes destroyed.

Ixion - VN vs. our picket. Probes destroyed.

Turn 217:

Replacement ships ordered for Fifth Wheel at Bob.

IT:

Hydra - 1 DE, 3 CR and 20 sats greet First Batch. Slice of pie. We crush the ships on the way to the planet, then beat on that for a while. A few satellites remain.

Turn 218:

Remaining ships for Fifth Wheel ordered.

IT:

Hydra - AR to remove remaining satellites.

Turn 219:

Third Wave dispatched to Star Haven.

Turn 220:

Pulse Phasers overbudget. Ships building for replenishment and new fleet, which I have not named - it could either be ADN.99-07 Seventh Heaven or ADN.99-02 Second Thoughts, depending upon if you want to fill the gap in the lineup or not. Or some other name, as you prefer. ;)

We might need to hit W'kanda with two fleets at once to take it out once and for all; the Zuul are pretty adamant about holding it. Although having more repair capacity should help in extended sieges.

Return to “T.A.R.”