Odd image things... i need help lol

Tech support. This is tech support. My name is Ernie.
Viper64

Odd image things... i need help lol

Post by Viper64 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:35 pm

I was playing and i noticed that there were some odd lines showing up and the emblems on the ships were trailing from the ship and freaking out, this wouldn't really matter to me but its killing my frame rate horribly. Does anyone know wat is causing this and how to fix it? i looked on the forum some but i couldn't really find anything.... i added a photo with whats going on highlighted, i hope it helps some. Thanks in advance for any help!

Nspace
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Re: Odd image things... i need help lol

Post by Nspace » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:30 am

[edit]1500th post, how did that happen? :wink: :)[/edit]

Something similar has come up a few times before. I haven't seen a definitive answer yet, but one suggestion I've seen a few times is to open your sots.ini in a text editor and add the following:

[CPU]
ForceSingleCore=1

The sots.ini file is usually located in your Sword of the Stars installation directory, though if you have Vista or Win 7, it might be in a different place.

Let us know if that works. :)
Last edited by Nspace on Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Quando omni flunkus, mortati" - "When all else fails, play dead"
SotS 1 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots1/Main_Page
SotS 2 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots2/SotS2_Codex

Viper64

Post by Viper64 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:10 am

i believe it worked because its been normal so far, thanks for the help!

RJ_SOTS

Post by RJ_SOTS » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:48 am

I've got the same problem. I've had it for years and still no solution that works for me. Just playing SoTS again and have graphic anomaly lines running off most my ship stretching across entire battle map and attacking the planet will get wierd lines all over it. Really lags out my game that otherwise would be pretty nice.

I've tried that ForceSingleCore and it doesn't do anything to help. Does anyone know what could help?

I use to play SoTS when it first came out before all the expansions and it worked great without all these graphic issues but since I got complete collection is when I started getting them.

Return to “Technical Support”