Fix for launching latest SotS ANY (1.7.2) & Complete (1.8.0)

Tech support. This is tech support. My name is Ernie.
TerranDominion

Re: Fix for launching latest SotS ANY (1.7.2)

Post by TerranDominion » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:26 pm

Well thanks :) Now I know whats wrong.

Now I have to figure why I can't download from Microsoft. Every time I hit download it say the download page doesnt exist. I wonder if its a browser/firewall problem.

Its the same reason I can't play Fort Zombie either on my Vista. I installed it both update and FZ on other computer that has XP with great success.
I swear to god...someday Galactus will devour the earth and crushed under his foot will be a nerd mumbling "I am not sure you really can suck the life essence of the world up that one giant heating duct you are using". Mecron

Iztok

Post by Iztok » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:05 am

Hi!
Thanks for this link to the fix. Game works now. :thumbsup:

BR, Iztok

Sandeu

Post by Sandeu » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:41 pm

This was a fix for me, same issue with the configuration error after patching to 1.7.2.

Just run the correct file as per your operating system, it will make life a little better if you've chosen correctly. :D

Kadeshi

Post by Kadeshi » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:52 am

Just to let people know.

SotS:ANY failed to start today. I tried reinstalling from steam and it didn't work.
Then i tried installing this x86 thing.
It worked.

The error message i was getting was something like "This program cannot start due to improper configuration. Reinstalling the application may fix this issue."

I was playing the night before and didn't change anything. This was out of the blue.

Thank you.
"Variety is the spice of the 'V' section of the dictionary."
- Dr. I. M. Kadeshi, proud recipient of a double doctorate in rocket surgery and the mad sciences.

igotsmeakabob!!

Post by igotsmeakabob!! » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:02 pm

A friend of mine finally picked up SotS off of Steam and purchasing ANY he can't launch the game anymore.
I had him download the vcredist_x86.exe file, still not working for him. Kiiiinda sucky.
-I play Liir. What can I say, I'm a blaspheming rebel.
-Don't put your trust in revolutions. They always come around again. That's why they're called revolutions. People die, and nothing changes.
-Civilization is like a herd of pigs. The herd brings many benefits, but no one should wonder at all the sh*t.
-How do they rise up?

Kludgy
Site Admin

Post by Kludgy » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:43 am

Steam 1.7.2 ANY issues are being discussed here:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15935

omnix32

I updated to (1.7.2) and not (1.7.2b) Now what?

Post by omnix32 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:01 am

I updated before I saw issues with 1.7.2 Patch.

Vista 64 9550 Quad 9800 Asus GTX + 4 gig ram.

I clicked on my shortcut and the Game loaded, I selected Tutorial and it loaded. Tried other things, like Campaign and they Load. So, the Game starts.

Now, what problems am I suppose to expect? I see so many have issues, but not sure where the issues are at. Do I need that thing from Microsoft? I always keep my system updated, so I don't know how a 2009 version of direct X is going to help fix my game if it needs fixed.

Thank you everyone.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:18 am

are you saying you have issues already or that everything is fine adn you are worried about issues?

omnix32

Post by omnix32 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:24 am

Everything seems fine, Just wondering of I missed something that 1.7.2b added as I see others having issues until they updated to the (b). But right now, all seems good, and I don't see any game issues. If it is not broke, I don't want to try to try to fix it.

Thank you for responding.

Moriarty

Post by Moriarty » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:29 pm

Kludgy/Mecron - You should change the title of this post and the content to say this is applicable for 1.7.2 AND 1.8.0.

Gunsoul

Re: Fix for launching latest SotS ANY (1.7.2) & Complete (1.

Post by Gunsoul » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:39 pm

I just re-installed AMOC from Gamersgate and then purchased Argos - running Vista 32 bit.

Installed Argos and it runs fine. However, the updates 1.72b and 1.80 - when I try to run them come back with the following error msg "... not proper win32 applications".

I did install vcredist_x86 as suggested, but it still comes back with the same error. The same with running as admin.

[Added later: Turn off Anti-virus and also let Firefox complete its download without interruption - got one .exe file (157Mb) instead of .exe (0 kb) and a .part (157Mb) -- the new .exe work fine and I was able to patch to 1.8.0.]

preludesh5

Post by preludesh5 » Sun May 22, 2011 7:25 am

I am having the following problem with sord of the stars ultimate collection and the complete collection.

I installed the game and when I try to run the game, I get the splash screens and then it reboots the computer. The game never starts it just reboots the computer.. i tried the fix listed here but it did not work I have Windows XP professional with SP3.

Does anyone know a fix for this?

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by silvaril » Sun May 22, 2011 8:51 am

Heya

Ultimate or Complete?

One is the original game plus the two race expansion packs.

The other is the original game and all expansion packs.

Where did you get your version of the game from?
silvaril wrote:Love is Love, God is God and I am still Living a Lifetime

Disclaimer:
The views of any individual may not necessarily represent those of "God"(tm)

dshuang

Post by dshuang » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:03 pm

I am having the following problem with sord of the stars ultimate collection and the complete collection.

I installed the game and when I try to run the game, I get the splash screens and then it reboots the computer. The game never starts it just reboots the computer.. i tried the fix listed here but it did not work I have Windows XP professional with SP3.

Does anyone know a fix for this?

I have SotS Complete from Steam (purchased several months ago).
Was running the game full screen, saw the kerberos splash screen and then the computer rebooted.
Was able to get the game to run after creating Display.cfg in "<steam>\steamapps\common\sword of the stars complete collection\" with window mode turned on. Thanks to the person who posted a copy of their Display.cfg earlier.

Code: Select all

adapter 0
width 1349
height 952
fullscreenWidth 1024
fullscreenHeight 768
refresh 60
windowed 1
objectDetail 0
shaderLevel 0
textureQuality 2
filtering 1