IMPORTANT: SotS 1.2.1 and Game Mods

Tech support. This is tech support. My name is Ernie.
Post Reply
User avatar
Kludgy
Site Admin
Posts: 2238
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:37 am

IMPORTANT: SotS 1.2.1 and Game Mods

Post by Kludgy » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:27 pm

If you are experiencing crashes since updating your copy of the game to 1.2.1, please be sure that you are not running an outdated modification of the game. Many important files have changed in this release and if the modification happens to use an outdated version of a file, there may be missing or invalid game data.

The session.log file will give further indications about the specific items that have changed in data files.

If you are sure you are running a clean version of the game and are still experiencing crashes, then please feel free to e-mail your mars.dmp file and session.log files to me.

Thank you!

User avatar
LordD
Posts: 986
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:42 pm

Post by LordD » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:47 pm

how do u put mars dump on to a post for u to collect just out of curiousity

Lord D
The empire of Lord D has arisen run or be destroyed.

Image

User avatar
Kludgy
Site Admin
Posts: 2238
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:37 am

Post by Kludgy » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:09 pm

You can simply e-mail that to me for analysis.

User avatar
LordD
Posts: 986
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:42 pm

Post by LordD » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:30 pm

I haven't any problems except for some battles were slow I was just asking out of curiosity

Lord D
The empire of Lord D has arisen run or be destroyed.

Image

User avatar
Quester
Posts: 365
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:37 pm

Post by Quester » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:31 am

I recently purchased a CD-Rom of the game and it has on the lower right hand side of the screen version 1.0.12. How can I get the patch without spending money on the mirror sites for the patch?

User avatar
Sonic
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:15 am

Post by Sonic » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:40 am

Not sure where you are getting this 'pay money' for mirrors. The mirrors listed here have public free servers for you can download. I do beleive you can even download a copy of the patch directly from Lighthouse (Local Server).
"Linux is user friendly...
...it’s just very selective about who its friends are."

User avatar
Muchoman
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:26 am

Post by Muchoman » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:35 am

Maybe he is refering to the premium download servers?

User avatar
LordD
Posts: 986
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:42 pm

Post by LordD » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:03 pm

If a patch has been out for a while and the cd is still being made they put the actually patch on to it, it's more common with game cd that have been reluanched by sold out,

also the original game had a lot of annoying bugs which that patch solves

Lord D
The empire of Lord D has arisen run or be destroyed.

Image

User avatar
Quester
Posts: 365
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:37 pm

Post by Quester » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:42 am

I had to reset my computer recently and lost the patch. Now when I try to get the patch it fails. Please help.

mrmaps
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:48 pm

Friking sick of this.

Post by mrmaps » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:31 pm

The person who was complaining about the patch availability was dead on right.

I'm fricking sick and tired of buying games that are unplayable out of the box, and then find that the publisher does not consider hosting patches of the game to be their responsibility. Particularly when a game is as unplayable in the original release, as was Sword of the Stars.

Go to the god damned SOS website. Find any links to patches?

Digging through fourms, following useless links, waiting for hours in public download modes, only to find that every god-damned patch was corrupted. What a crock.

Its a free country, and buyer beware is the rule. Game publishers are completely within their rights to treat their customers like dog crap. And I'm completely within my rights to never spend a penny on their products again.

Now you want me to shell out more $ for Born of Blood? Tell ya what, buy my expansion pack, Born of Suckers.


-Maps

User avatar
castewarkp
Site Admin
Posts: 1613
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:11 pm

Post by castewarkp » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:57 pm

Hi maps,

Our patches have always been made widely available, with Lighthouse making them available;

http://lighthouse-interactive.com/index ... hN0DolFfo5

We also makes sure to include links in posts and in our front page news at the time of release. Both the SotS and SotS:BoB sites provide links to where you can find the patches.

Sorry to hear you had a bad download - it sounds like you went with a download service, so maybe there was an issue there, but you could always download direct from the publisher, Lighthouse and we have a thread on the patch, which immediately links to Lighthouse and their copy of the patch there;

http://www.kerberos-productions.com/for ... php?t=4720

DRM policies by the direct download services that offer SotS required you to get the updated version from them, but that is no longer the case with BoB.

User avatar
Quester
Posts: 365
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:37 pm

Re: Friking sick of this.

Post by Quester » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:02 pm

mrmaps wrote:The person who was complaining about the patch availability was dead on right.

I'm fricking sick and tired of buying games that are unplayable out of the box, and then find that the publisher does not consider hosting patches of the game to be their responsibility. Particularly when a game is as unplayable in the original release, as was Sword of the Stars.

Go to the god damned SOS website. Find any links to patches?

Digging through fourms, following useless links, waiting for hours in public download modes, only to find that every god-damned patch was corrupted. What a crock.

Its a free country, and buyer beware is the rule. Game publishers are completely within their rights to treat their customers like dog crap. And I'm completely within my rights to never spend a penny on their products again.

Now you want me to shell out more $ for Born of Blood? Tell ya what, buy my expansion pack, Born of Suckers.


-Maps


I thought that as well until I confirmed that the patch version I had downloaded was the same as my program, once I did that the patch worked. Sometimes it's the simple things we assume and don't check that end up causing us the most problems.

mrmaps
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:48 pm

re: fricking sick of this

Post by mrmaps » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:12 am

castewarkp wrote:Hi maps,

Our patches have always been made widely available, with Lighthouse making them available;

http://lighthouse-interactive.com/index ... hN0DolFfo5

We also makes sure to include links in posts and in our front page news at the time of release. Both the SotS and SotS:BoB sites provide links to where you can find the patches.


Really? Could you please provide me with a "route-of-clicks" to find the index of downloads you posted above. (from either webpage)? If I could have found this page, I would not have posted an angry rant.

User avatar
Eleahen
Doomsayer
Posts: 3752
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:03 pm

Re: re: fricking sick of this

Post by Eleahen » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:26 am

mrmaps wrote:Could you please provide me with a "route-of-clicks"


SotS v.1.2.2 - http://www.gamershell.com/news/37077.html

Select a patch (for retail-to-latest it's a 1.0.12-1.2.2).
Choose one of available mirrors (preferrably closest to you with minimum server load - green is good).
Click 'Download'.
Wait till page loads.
Click 'Your download is ready. Please click here to download the file'.

Was it hard? ;)

wilkinau
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:52 am

Re: IMPORTANT: SotS 1.2.1 and Game Mods

Post by wilkinau » Mon May 24, 2010 2:58 pm

how do i update my game though? :(

Post Reply

Return to “Technical Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests