IMPORTANT: SotS 1.2.1 and Game Mods

Tech support. This is tech support. My name is Ernie.
wilkinau

Re: IMPORTANT: SotS 1.2.1 and Game Mods

Post by wilkinau » Mon May 24, 2010 10:10 pm

Which topic would the links be under?

Nspace
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Nspace » Mon May 24, 2010 11:31 pm

For CD/DVD versions only, the best list of patches can be found on the Versions page on the wiki.

If you only have the original Sword of the Stars, the last patch you need is the 1.2.2 patch. If you also have the Born of Blood, but not the following two expansions, then the last patch you need is the 1.5.3 patch. If you have the original Sword of the Stars, Born of Blood and the second expansion A Murder of Crows the last patch you need is the 1.6.7 patch. And if you have all three expansions (the original Sword of the Stars, Born of Blood, A Murder of Crows and Argos Naval Yard), you will need the 1.7.2 patch, though the 1.8.0 patch will be out soon.

As for how to install the patch, it should be just a matter of downloading the patch and then double clicking on the .exe file.
"Quando omni flunkus, mortati" - "When all else fails, play dead"
SotS 1 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots1/Main_Page
SotS 2 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots2/SotS2_Codex

ProjectLevyDelta

Post by ProjectLevyDelta » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:55 pm

People should also remember if they bought the original sots like I did from a store and have a CD / DVD you can also just search google for the publishers on the box. Say Lighthouse Intereactive.

However I do feel that Swordofthestars.com seems to be up to simply tell you that you can buy the whole game and is very plain, but don't see a "patches here" link on it though :o

Although.. the music is very nice SotS background music is one of the best Blizzards soundtrack team for their games are my first choice however :thumbsup:

Return to “Technical Support”