Game Key

Tech support. This is tech support. My name is Ernie.
pleasy

Game Key

Post by pleasy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:58 pm

Game just arrived from Amazon and so I begin to install it. I'm presented with a screen saying "please confirm this is the correct key" it's a series of 16 zero's and dashes and that is of course not correct. I try to enter the key given with the game but it's 25 characters long and whatever ones I drop to try to get it to fit nothing works.

Am I missing something here?

This is more than a little frustrating!

pleasy

Re: Game Key

Post by pleasy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:48 pm

Is this where I get "official" technical support of is this forum just for helpful people offering suggestions? I need the former.

Goomich

Post by Goomich » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:22 pm

Where are you trying to put that code? Prime was available from couple of retailers, with diffent delivery methods. Key for Steam might not work with Impulse or GG.

pleasy wrote:Is this where I get "official" technical support of is this forum just for helpful people offering suggestions? I need the former.

It's even a place where you could get official technical support...

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by silvaril » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:00 pm

Heya

Standard Sword of the Stars Prime Serial/Key is 16 characters long.

In the case of a physical retail copy, the Serial/Key should be attached to either the manual or a single page insert.
It is considerably unlikely in the instance of a physical retail copy that the key will be emailed to you.

If the copy you purchased is Digital, then the Serial/Key will likely be emailed to you, or alternatively made available via your account at the appropriate vendor, said account being created prior to or on purchase of the game.

A Sword of the Stars II Serial/Key is 15 characters long and is Steam only, including the physical retail copies.
silvaril wrote:Love is Love, God is God and I am still Living a Lifetime

Disclaimer:
The views of any individual may not necessarily represent those of "God"(tm)

pleasy

Post by pleasy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:30 pm

I have a physical retail copy purchased from Amazon and it has 25 characters. I cannot install the game without a key and I'm only given one screen to enter the key. Here is the screen I am presented with when installing the game:

ImageUploaded at ImageFra.me

Here are images of the game I bought:

If in doubt:

Should I just save the hassle of sorting this all out and get my money back? :( I've never a wrong key before.

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

*cough*

Post by silvaril » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:04 am

Heya

Paradox have a Game Registration segment on their Forums.
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forum.php

I would next suggest going there and seeing if that code actually registers the game for you.
If it does, then I would email the Paradox folks and ask WTH!? and can you get one that works now please.

If it doesn't then I would email the Paradox folks and ask WTH?! and can you get one that actually works.

Note the slight difference in punctuation in the WTH segment of those recourses... :D

More seriously, that Code doesn't make any sense to me, and Paradox are the Publisher responsible for the Codes in the retail distributions.

You might try plugging it into Steam under the "Activating a Product on Steam" option as another alternative.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -TFBN-1352

However as SotS-Prime isn't listed here as a supported Retail registration, you may not have much joy:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -wusf-3601
silvaril wrote:Love is Love, God is God and I am still Living a Lifetime

Disclaimer:
The views of any individual may not necessarily represent those of "God"(tm)

pleasy

Post by pleasy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:15 am

No luck with Steam or registering the game with Paradox, so contacting Paradox now.

Thanks for the help. :)

bentup2

Post by bentup2 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:08 pm

hello pleasy. Same things happened to me and our game keys are very similar. Let me know how you get on please?

bentup2

Post by bentup2 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:22 pm

Hello pleasy. Same things happened to me. Key is very similar to yours. Could you let me know how you get on please? :?

pleasy

Post by pleasy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:51 am

Sorry I should have said what had happened. I got this from Paradox and it has sorted the issue:

Johannes, Feb 07 00:40 (CET):

Hello David,

You should be able to install the game by activating it in Steam.
1: Go to: http://store.steampowered.com/
2. Click Register to create an account, or login if you already have an existing account
3. Start Steam client (download the Steam client if you did not have an existing account)
4: Click "Games" in the main menu
5: Select "Activate a product on steam" and enter code. The game is now added and can be downloaded.

Kind Regards,
Johannes

----------

It would be handy if it said somewhere on the box that the key was Steam key. :roll:

I hope this sorts it out for you Bentup2. :)

BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:31 pm

This is very weird. I have exactly the same box, the only difference is that my key is written on the CD instead of a sticker on the box. And it's NOT a Steam version. Furthermore the installation program on your screenshot is also one of the non-Steam version.

So, it looks like to me that Paradox fucked up, and sent you a Steam cd-key with a non-Steam version game DVD (which you won't even be able to use since you don't have a non-Steam cd-key.)

Return to “Technical Support”