Alliance downgrade

Tech support. This is tech support. My name is Ernie.
nexfwall

Alliance downgrade

Post by nexfwall » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:30 am

Hi, i'm new here. I did not knew, where i must make a new topic about this, so i ask here.

How i can downgrade alliance to NAP in ANY?

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Re: Alliance downgrade

Post by ZedF » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:03 pm

Never tried it since if I get an alliance, my usual goal is an allied victory. That said, I would expect if you have an alliance and offer a NAP, that would do it. Certainly the AI can offer the player a NAP while allied, in which case if you say yes you get a NAP and if you say no you get war. I would expect it to work similarly for non-AI players.

To answer your other question, this sort of topic best fits in the SotS 1 General forum.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

nexfwall

Post by nexfwall » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:07 pm

ZedF wrote:Never tried it since if I get an alliance, my usual goal is an allied victory. That said, I would expect if you have an alliance and offer a NAP, that would do it. Certainly the AI can offer the player a NAP while allied, in which case if you say yes you get a NAP and if you say no you get war. I would expect it to work similarly for non-AI players.

I thought same way, but the diplomatic offers menu is unavailable on players you allied with on diplomatic screen.
If i click leave alliance button, they become very angry, and at war with you. Rejecting all offers of NAP.

BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:55 pm

Hmm, indeed, I could only get a Ceasefire after leaving the Alliance... I guess that when you make an Alliance, you're kind of expected to keep it for the rest of the game... which is not surprising considering all the information you can get from an alliance and that SotS1 doesn't have an "honor" system - it would be too easily to abuse for human players against the AI.

nexfwall

Post by nexfwall » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:51 pm

I have done some research. Theoretically possible what you request downgrading to NAP then leaving the alliance, but AI player's decline it, get angry and declare you a war. Because right now one of the Liir's leave alliance, and requested downgrading to NAP. I have accepted it, but the other alliance member Liir did not and remain in war.

BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:03 pm

Yes, but as a non-AI you don't seem to have that option available to you.

Return to “Technical Support”