File Namespace Inaccessible on Wiki

Tech support. This is tech support. My name is Ernie.
Biscuitry

File Namespace Inaccessible on Wiki

Post by Biscuitry » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:43 am

I've been making use of the wiki over at its new location (last time I played, it was still on rorschach.net) and wanted to try and fix some of the broken images over there. This very quickly led to the discovery that the entire File: namespace is inaccessible on the SotS 1 wiki.

The list of every page that should be found in the File: namespace can easily be found using the All Pages function. Attempting to use any of those links, or an arbitrary File: URL, does not produce the usual MediaWiki file info page or a "red link" page, but rather a 404 error, for example:

Code: Select all

Not Found

The requested URL /sots1/File:ANY-icon.png was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.29 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.29 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_perl/2.0.8 Perl/v5.10.1 Server at wiki.swordofthestars.com Port 80

As long as this error persists, no images can be added or updated on the SotS 1 wiki, and I have a suspicion that it may be the cause of all the "Error creating thumbnail" messages.

EDIT 2015-02-24: It seems this issue is also affecting the SotS 2 wiki in the same way.

Return to “Technical Support”