Disappearing Colony?

Tech support. This is tech support. My name is Ernie.
Naismith

Disappearing Colony?

Post by Naismith » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:18 am

I'm not sure if this is actually a bug or what is going on, but I've seen, on repeated occasions, what looks like an independent colony completely disappearing for no apparent reason.

Here is what happened - I am playing as Morrigi in a single player game and have a single colony of mine deep in Tarka space. I have a deep scan ship at the colony, and I see that one of the Tarka's colonies has somehow turned independent, probably due to rebellion. I decide to build some colonizers to go and take over the colony (and I have Incorporate Tarka) This is the colony data I see on the turn before the colony ships arrive:
planet-before.PNG

Then on the turn they arrive:
planet-after.PNG

So what happened there? How did the colony suddenly disappear and un-terraform itself?
The only thing I can think of that is not a bug is that I have old sensor data of the colony, and I still see it as it was before it was destroyed (by asteroids maybe?). Then when I arrive it updates to the destroyed state, even though I can see it as having no flag on the star map.
The other possibility is that this is a bug that somehow reverts the colony back to an undiscovered state when I send ships there (as I had never sent ships there before - I got the data through an ally).

I actually had this exact scenario happen before, but I had not researched Incorporate Tarka yet, so I thought maybe the colony was somehow abandoned as soon as I had ships in orbit.

Does anyone know what is really going on, and if either of my guesses are correct?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Re: Disappearing Colony?

Post by ZedF » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:00 pm

I would likewise suspect that the colony was destroyed by something (asteroids is a reasonable guess considering it went up in resources by 500) since the last time you had sensor data on the world. But you can load the game as the Tarka and go through their history log to find out exactly what happened.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Return to “Technical Support”